Thinking of flying overseas to see Rush

Tvk

Hello everyone!

In October 2007, I was supposed to see Rush for the first time in Oslo, but that didn't exactly go as planned (old thread). Now I'm getting sick of waiting, so I'm thinking of just traveling across the pond this summer, and catch a couple of the shows in Canada or the US. The problem is, none of my friends or family are able to travel with me, so I would have to go alone. Am I thinking crazy, or should I just go through with it? Perhaps I should just sit tight and pray for them to come back to Europe next year or something? Anyway, if I were to go, what would be the shows to see?

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 19 2010, 09:05 PM)
Red Rocks, if you can get tickets. And Toronto, I would think.

yes.gif

QUOTE (wrekinboy @ May 20 2010, 05:29 AM)
Yep it'll be a blast. I'm going to see them in Vegas in August and maybe Toronto in July.

Going alone is great too - freedom!

See ya in Vegas! trink39.gif

I'm Going to that show alone as well.

Red Rocks and Toronto would definitey be great venues, but The Starlight Theatre in Kansas City is another consideration. Taking in a little of KC's own Boulevard Brew and BBQ from Jack Stack's then, watching Rush at this fantastic outdoor facility, makes for a pretty good day. Get there early and find a tree to park under in the open field that surrounds the place. Set up 'camp' with a few lawn chairs and listen to the boys soundcheck/warmup while enjoying a few frosties...YES!

Since the first time of seeing rush in 1979 at the Hammersmith odeon london,me and my mate mark have been to all their uk shows at every opportunity.For a change in 2007 we decided to go a bit further afield and went to the show at the hollywood bowl,and had a right laugh the locals were top bannana.this year we thought we would go to the hometown gig so we have seats for the acc.What i am saying is just go

for it ,its a right crac you will love it,if you get tickets for toronto you can come along with us.

QUOTE (Tvk @ May 20 2010, 03:03 AM)
Hello everyone!

In October 2007, I was supposed to see Rush for the first time in Oslo, but that didn't exactly go as planned (old thread). Now I'm getting sick of waiting, so I'm thinking of just traveling across the pond this summer, and catch a couple of the shows in Canada or the US. The problem is, none of my friends or family are able to travel with me, so I would have to go alone. Am I thinking crazy, or should I just go through with it? Perhaps I should just sit tight and pray for them to come back to Europe next year or something? Anyway, if I were to go, what would be the shows to see?

I'm going alone to see the show in Boston on september 14, also from overseas, like The Netherlands. You can maybe catch the Space Shuttle launch at september 16th. That's reallys neat dude!!!

I don't see the point in going to 7 Rush shows..........

But that's just me.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ May 25 2010, 10:56 PM)
That's really expensive to see a band. I wouldn't do it.

The whole trip gets larger than just seeing a band........................

I would do it tongue.gif

QUOTE (LERXST69 @ May 26 2010, 07:10 AM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ May 25 2010, 10:56 PM)
That's really expensive to see a band. I wouldn't do it.

The whole trip gets larger than just seeing a band........................

I would do it tongue.gif

Too right new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . I flew from Japan to Toronto in '07, saw them twice there, checked out the tribute band during Rushcon between both gigs, the house band at the Orbit Room, my friend's band play in a bar in London (about an hour away), the Toronto sights, Niagara Falls, and got trashed with a bunch of crazy ass TRFers (all who I never actually met before) more than once. And I wish I could do it all again!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I flew all the way from Australia in'08 and I have got to say that it was worth EVERY minute of it. I saw RUSH four times and even got to the FRONT ROW on my first ever show. You simply must do the trip you will kick yourself if you don't. I am gearing up to do it agin this time but not quite as far. I am seeing TWO shows in the LA area in August. 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Yeah, I'm still here. I really want to pull the trigger, the only thing keeping me from doing it is the part of having to go alone. I've never really been traveling much before, like the furthest I've ever been is London, UK. And that was with my girlfriend. So basically I'm not sure I feel comfortable with it. But perhaps this is something one should experience sooner or later?

Aww... The choice... I know I will kick my self in the head if I don't do it, but then again... Bah, I don't know. Is it even possible to get decent tickets without being completely robbed now? I'm not going that far to see a band, and then sitting in a corner in the back of the venue.

By the way, are the currently announced dates everything they will do this year, or will we see more dates as we get closer to Christmas? I think this sort of trip needs lots and lots of time for planning, so I probably won't make it to any of the dates in the middle of the summer anyway.

QUOTE (Tvk @ May 29 2010, 08:15 PM)
Yeah, I'm still here. I really want to pull the trigger, the only thing keeping me from doing it is the part of having to go alone. I've never really been traveling much before, like the furthest I've ever been is London, UK. And that was with my girlfriend. So basically I'm not sure I feel comfortable with it. But perhaps this is something one should experience sooner or later?

Aww... The choice... I know I will kick my self in the head if I don't do it, but then again... Bah, I don't know. Is it even possible to get decent tickets without being completely robbed now? I'm not going that far to see a band, and then sitting in a corner in the back of the venue.

By the way, are the currently announced dates everything they will do this year, or will we see more dates as we get closer to Christmas? I think this sort of trip needs lots and lots of time for planning, so I probably won't make it to any of the dates in the middle of the summer anyway.

Hi there,

On my side, I'll fly from France to see the last 2 shows in Florida (1- it's a week-end, 2-it's always interesting to see the last shows of a tour). So you can join me on these 2 dates so we can build a European delegation wink.gif

I made the same kind of trip 2 years ago to watch some dates of the S&A live tour. Sure it's a bit frustrating to be alone as you can't share your impressions with someone, but the music itself is worth the trip!

By the way, I'm looking for a good ticket for the Ford Ampitheater in Florida show on October 1th.

If someone's got a spare ticket, I'm interested. Don't hesitate to email me: ymauzzy@aol.com.

See you,

Stephane

I've flown across the pond from the UK to the USA and Canada to see Marillion a few times when they toured, sometimes on my own.

I have some of the best memories of my life on those trips, book a ticket now is what i say, you only live once.

QUOTE (Tvk @ May 20 2010, 02:03 PM)
Am I thinking crazy, or should I just go through with it? Perhaps I should just sit tight and pray for them to come back to Europe next year or something?

If I could afford it, without question. Just go FCOL.

I flew from Australia as well. Probably cost me about $3,000 of my own money to do it, but it was so worth it.

At that point I hadn't seen the band in 15 years and wasn't sure how many more chances I'd get.

Money comes and goes.... your favorite band won't be around forever.

QUOTE (Ymauzzy @ May 30 2010, 05:02 AM)
QUOTE (Tvk @ May 29 2010, 08:15 PM)

Hi there,

On my side, I'll fly from France to see the last 2 shows in Florida (1- it's a week-end, 2-it's always interesting to see the last shows of a tour). So you can join me on these 2 dates so we can build a European delegation wink.gif

I made the same kind of trip 2 years ago to watch some dates of the S&A live tour. Sure it's a bit frustrating to be alone as you can't share your impressions with someone, but the music itself is worth the trip!

By the way, I'm looking for a good ticket for the Ford Ampitheater in Florida show on October 1th.

If someone's got a spare ticket, I'm interested. Don't hesitate to email me: ymauzzy@aol.com.

See you,

Stephane

I'll be at both Florida shows! See you there!