Some Insight On Why Moving Pictures This Tour

greg2112

Eddie Trunk just posted a report on the Beyond the Lighted Stage premiere. Most interesting part was this quote from Alex on why they decided to play MP in its entirety this tour...considering theyve always shied away from TCE, reading this makes me think maybe they *are* listening to us!

"...Alex told me he was looking forward to the upcoming tour and playing Moving Pictures. He said the decision to feature that album is MOSTLY ABOUT DOING CAMERA EYE LIVE, since much of the album has been in ths set for years anyway."

Here's the rest of the post, which goes in to detail about the film: http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?pk=vie...utm_source=news

It seems Rush has really lightened up when considering their past. Like all of a sudden they realize that staying relevant and forward thinking doesn't mean they have to hate everything they've ever done before! Maybe the sets will be more well-rounded instead of PeW/MP heavy, plus the usual hits.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Apr 26 2010, 05:08 PM)
It seems Rush has really lightened up when considering their past. Like all of a sudden they realize that staying relevant and forward thinking doesn't mean they have to hate everything they've ever done before! Maybe the sets will be more well-rounded instead of PeW/MP heavy, plus the usual hits.

Yeah...I just hope they lightened up about Caress of Steel.

If there's one album they need to wake up about, that one is it. Sure, it may have failed at first, but they need to realize that the majority of fans are waiting to hear stuff from it!

Hopefully, the 'Time Machine' makes a few stops in 1975. yes.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 26 2010, 04:19 PM)

Hopefully, the 'Time Machine' makes a few stops in 1975.

yes.gif And 74 as well

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 26 2010, 04:35 PM)
Thanks for a great link! Everything I hear about the documentary makes me realize more and more how comprehensive it seems to be, so that's exciting. yes.gif

You bet! Its definitely one of the more detailed I've seen. I really cant wait to see it, sounds amazing.

...And I want to agree, we need the Time Machine to visit 1975!!!! CARESS!!!

They're approaching the twilight of their career. Why not cover the entire album that everyone loves? It's probably going to be the last time we hear some of these songs live.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 26 2010, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Apr 26 2010, 05:08 PM)
It seems Rush has really lightened up when considering their past.  Like all of a sudden they realize that staying relevant and forward thinking doesn't mean they have to hate everything they've ever done before!  Maybe the sets will be more well-rounded instead of PeW/MP heavy, plus the usual hits.

Yeah...I just hope they lightened up about Caress of Steel.

If there's one album they need to wake up about, that one is it. Sure, it may have failed at first, but they need to realize that the majority of fans are waiting to hear stuff from it!

Hopefully, the 'Time Machine' makes a few stops in 1975. yes.gif

Totally agree. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 26 2010, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 26 2010, 04:35 PM)
Thanks for a great link!  Everything I hear about the documentary makes me realize more and more how comprehensive it seems to be, so that's exciting. yes.gif

You bet! Its definitely one of the more detailed I've seen. I really cant wait to see it, sounds amazing.

...And I want to agree, we need the Time Machine to visit 1975!!!! CARESS!!!

They are going to hit us with some 'Caress Of Steel'. I would almost bet my Boston Terrier's life on it. 'Working Man' as the opening song, I would bet on too.

QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 26 2010, 08:50 PM)
They're approaching the twilight of their career. Why not cover the entire album that everyone loves? It's probably going to be the last time we hear some of these songs live.

I agree, I think this is the last time were going to get the real deep classics. This tour is an absolute must go. Can-not-wait.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 26 2010, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (Andrew1 @ Apr 26 2010, 08:50 PM)

I agree, I think this is the last time were going to get the real deep classics. This tour is an absolute must go. Can-not-wait.

yes.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Apr 26 2010, 03:35 PM)
Eddie Trunk just posted a report on the Beyond the Lighted Stage premiere. Most interesting part was this quote from Alex on why they decided to play MP in its entirety this tour...considering theyve always shied away from TCE, reading this makes me think maybe they *are* listening to us!

"...Alex told me he was looking forward to the upcoming tour and playing Moving Pictures. He said the decision to feature that album is MOSTLY ABOUT DOING CAMERA EYE LIVE, since much of the album has been in ths set for years anyway."

Here's the rest of the post, which goes in to detail about the film: http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm?pk=vie...utm_source=news

I heard Eddies show on Sirius 19 (The Boneyard) yesterday and he mentioned this fact....talked a lot about 2.gif and the movie...I can't wait.

Archived