Neil Peart touring w/Led Zeppelin

oldphilly

OMG I totally just heard that Neil is going on tour with Led Zeppelin.I hear they are going to do Hemispheres in it's entirity and that Terry Brown will be producing an upcoming studio album.Is this true or just another internet rumor.OMG I hope it's true.

By the way what is your favorite Rush song with the letter I in the second verse?

11/7/09...only current Rush news I found

In some disappointing news, Rush mainman and drummer Neil Peart is open to suggestions when it comes to what the band should do next - but he's not convinced it'll be another album. He says the Canadian three-piece have taken time apart after releasing then touring 2007's Snakes & Arrows, and the industry has changed since then. For that reason, there could be no call for another Rush LP.

Peart explains: "These are parlous times in the music business so our time-honoured pattern of touring, recording and touring is no longer the obvious way to do things."

"It's very different now, even since 2006 when we began work on Snakes & Arrows. The importance of the album is not what it was. There's a reversion to a musical climate rather like the 1950s, when only the song matters."

"In any case, there are enough possibilities for the future. I'm curious to see what we'll come up with. We need consensus, not democracy - it's no good having one member in a three-piece band outvoted and unhappy."

The things is if Rush put out another album, it will sell, regardless of the current music environment as there is enough of a hardcore following to sell enough copies to make it feesable and viable for any record label.

Really hope they decide to do another epic album! dont want to see them go down any other route. Hate to say it and as much as I love Neil he can sometimes over analyse things and look too in depth at times.

2.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Nov 27 2009, 05:09 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 27 2009, 02:30 AM)
This just in: There's water at the bottom of the ocean.

I don't know how these rumors get started. cool.gif

Kinda like water being wetish ph34r.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Man i kill me

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Nov 27 2009, 01:50 AM)
OMG I totally just heard that Neil is going on tour with Led Zeppelin.I hear they are going to do Hemispheres in it's entirity and that Terry Brown will be producing an upcoming studio album.Is this true or just another internet rumor.OMG I hope it's true.

By the way what is your favorite Rush song with the letter I in the second verse?

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/kylee6464/Bug_Eyed.jpg

"Pass the cornflakes !!! Neil Peart is joining Queen !"

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Nov 27 2009, 07:09 AM)

I don't know how these rumors get started. cool.gif

SERIOUSLY!

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 27 2009, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Nov 27 2009, 01:50 AM)

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e284/kylee6464/Bug_Eyed.jpg

"Pass the cornflakes !!! Neil Peart is joining Queen !"

rofl3.gif laugh.gif

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/hefdaddy42/funny/ef51e5769587290e403c0695f533155c690.gif

The current Neil Peart rumors have people going absolutely bananas !!!!

QUOTE (ReturnOfTheRic @ Nov 27 2009, 08:34 AM)
I hate LZ. And i thought i heard Neil was joining MegaDeth and lars ulrich was joining rush and that chuck schuldiner was taking alex's place in rush and alex was going to play in a new band with carlos santana and the resirected soul of cliff burton and john bonham. This sound right? wtf.gif

Except for the news that Jimi Hendrix is still alive and is joining AC/DC as their new banjo player.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Nov 27 2009, 11:31 AM)
Did Neil really say "These are parlous times..." Parlous? Is that French?

No, it's not French and yes, he said it.

Parlous means: perilous; dangerous.

As far as these types of rumor, they are exactly what keeps people interested and talking about the band during times like this when there is no real Rush news to speak of. The band has always thrived on rumors during down-times. So, keep 'em coming! laugh.gif

QUOTE (FOH Lights @ Nov 27 2009, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (Syrinx @ Nov 27 2009, 11:31 AM)
Did Neil really say  "These are parlous times..."  Parlous?  Is that French?

No, it's not French and yes, he said it.

Parlous means: perilous; dangerous.

As far as these types of rumor, they are exactly what keeps people interested and talking about the band during times like this when there is no real Rush news to speak of. The band has always thrived on rumors during down-times. So, keep 'em coming! laugh.gif

Rumours? unsure.gif tongue.gif

Remove the water

Carry the water

Remove the water from the bottom of the ocean

Same as it ever was.

Wow - that info from Peart is really cool - maybe for the next Rush project the band will come to together to work on perfecting a song rather than a bunch of half hearted attempts for a whole album.

Oh - and what part of Led Zep sucks? Their musicianship, their songwritting abilities, the fact that they quit before they put out crappy albums like Rush?

Or is it just COOL to say Led Zeppelin sucks ("cuz Im different man")

Archived