Star Wars

Slacker

Well, I found out that a local bargain theater is playing it and tickets are only $3 to get in. What is also a plus is that it's rarely filled. I saw Return of the King there opening night and there was 10 people there, max.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw the movie earlier today, and I regret to inform you all of something tragic..... (spoiler)....

In the end.......

Neo dies.

It was amazing. Visually stunning, like nothing else I've seen to date...the theatre we were in had digital projection, and WOW!!!

QUOTE (Moonraker @ May 19 2005, 07:29 PM)
I just saw the movie earlier today, and I regret to inform you all of something tragic..... (spoiler)....

In the end......

Neo dies.

Moon you crack me up man. rofl3.gif

(SPOILER ALERT!)

Saw it earlier today. It was amazing.

George made up for the suckiness of Clones. Yoda kicks some ass.

Chewie is introduced. Anakin becomes Vader and kills little kids.

Can't wait to get all six and watch them in order. Viewing paty anyone?

I saw it opening morning at 10:40am. The theater was still packed to the gills though! Very intense action sequences, although I was hoping to see the Wookies kick some more butt. It definitley explains most if not all remaining questions. I will defintley see it again at a later date.

OMFG YOU GUYS

I WENT TO SEE EPISODE THREE OPENING NIGHT AT 12:01 AM & HAD TO GO TO SCHOOL THE NEXT DAY

IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

[[ SPOILER ALERT!! ]]

i had tears in my eyes at the end..it was SOOOOOOOO good!! if i didn't know what was going to happen, i would've died watching the battle scene between Yoda and you-know-who.

the only thing that killed part of the movie for me was the oblivity to pain..Obi-Wan practically had his pelvis crushed at the beginning, but he was walking around 15 mins later! then there was Padme's pregnancy..she was running around in a mini skirt (wearing pants, but a mini nonetheless) while she was probably at least 7-8 months pregnant!! plus, she was supposed to have twins..& she freakin ran to Anakin when she was close to giving birth!! wtf?! i think that could've been a little more realistic, but oh well! the rest of it was SOOOOO good though..

it explained so much!! plus the fact that the graphics were better than the graphics in ALL the other Star Wars movies combined!! WOW..i was speechless when i saw a close-up of Yoda..he looked SO freakin real, i could've reached out & touched him!!

so yep, it was the best movie i've seen in a LOOOOOOOOOONG time!! me & a few friends went, & we stood in line for forever..we'd already pre-ordered the tickets (there was a sign up when we got there that night that they were sold out!!), so we just wanted to get good seats when we got in. we got there about 10:30, so it seemed like a long time to stand there, but it really wasn't that long..i met some awesome guys there, two of them were singing & one of them was just..awesome. after the movie was over, i told them i loved them & left. tongue.gif there were a ton of people in costumes!! it was so cool to watch them come in!!

so YEAH, that was the BEST night i've had in a long time!! the theater was a half hour away from where i live, so i didn't get home til 3:30am..then had to get up at 6 for school. sad.gif but being exhausted the whole day was worth every freakin SECOND of the movie!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif you guys'd better go see it or i'll bust a cap!! wink.gif

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ May 20 2005, 10:56 AM)
i had tears in my eyes at the end..it was SOOOOOOOO good!!

I cried at the end, too.

smile.gif

Sorry, Drumnut, but neither this forum nor it's management support or condone the illegal downloading of movies. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

-Jack.

Edited by Jack Aubrey

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 20 2005, 11:37 AM)
Sorry, Drumnut, but neither this forum nor it's management support or condone the illegal downloading of movies. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

-Jack.

ohmy.gif Sorry about that! Posted before I really thought about it. Will not let it happen again.

BIGGEST OPEN IN HISTORY!

2:35pm 05/20/05

'Sith' scores $50 million on first day in theaters (NWS) By Russ Britt

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" scored $50 million in first-day receipts at 3,661 theaters across the nation on Thursday, box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations said Friday. The take handily beats the one-day record of $44.8 million set last year by "Shrek 2." "Sith" is distributed by News Corp.'s (NWS) 20th Century Fox film unit.

www.marketwatch.com

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 20 2005, 03:47 PM)

-Jack.

ohmy.gif Sorry about that! Posted before I really thought about it. Will not let it happen again.

Woah, what happened there? unsure.gif I first read it and I'm thinking, Drumnut made a post about himself? laugh.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ May 20 2005, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 20 2005, 03:47 PM)

-Jack.

Woah, what happened there? unsure.gif I first read it and I'm thinking, Drumnut made a post about himself? laugh.gif

no.gif I made a boo-boo and posted a link to something I should not have and Jack edited it. That's all. doh.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ May 20 2005, 03:50 PM)
BIGGEST OPEN IN HISTORY!

2:35pm 05/20/05

'Sith' scores $50 million on first day in theaters (NWS) By Russ Britt
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" scored $50 million in first-day receipts at 3,661 theaters across the nation on Thursday, box-office tracker Exhibitor Relations said Friday. The take handily beats the one-day record of $44.8 million set last year by "Shrek 2." "Sith" is distributed by News Corp.'s (NWS) 20th Century Fox film unit.

www.marketwatch.com

WOOT!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

The best Star Wars ever.........better than Empire.

The lightsaber duels.......i was druelling and just before the big yellow Star Wars bit came up, i had the same adrenaline rush before seeing Rush for the first time.

And i queued for 2 hours 40 mins and got the first ticket in my town!

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 21 2005, 08:44 AM)

The lightsaber duels.......i was druelling and just before the big yellow Star Wars bit came up, i had the same adrenaline rush before seeing Rush for the first time.

No way! Better than 'Empire'?! Really?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 21 2005, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ May 21 2005, 08:44 AM)

No way! Better than 'Empire'?! Really?

Not to me...it was good, but not better than Empire. Better than Eps. 1, 2 and possibly 6?

Yes.

I really thought it was better than empire, much much darker.

The only problem i have with it was that Mace didn't die like a true warrior, a huge fight with anaking would have been so much moer worthy. But yeah IMO, best of the six.

In order;

Ep. III

Ep. V

Ep. VI

Ep. IV

Ep. II

Ep. I

However, Empire and Sith are totally different.

I prefer the lightsaber combat and that was top notch. I also felt this was a very emotionally involving movie, especially when the younglings were hiding in the council chamber and anakin activating his lightsaber.

Thats what puts it top for me, it's got excellent fighting scenes, quite dense, and is emotionally involoving.

I enjoyed it.. like GG, I thought it was definitely better than I and II, and perhaps better than VI, but definitely not better than IV and V.

One of the things that became apparent to me in this movie was the failure of Lucas to build good character development in episodes I and II, and it's effect on Episode III. If he would have done a better job in character development (by letting a better director do it .. a la Empire) then Episode III could have been the best SW flick of all time. I thought Anakins seemingly instantaneous flip to the darkside was akward and not very believable. The chemistry between Anakin and Padme was non-existant, making the scenes with them together in III feel like more filler than anything else. There's more chemistry between a pimp and a crack whore than those two.