Star Wars

Slacker

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 14 2010, 10:46 AM)
From a friend of mine (re: Empire book above):

This thing is just as mind-blowing as the Star Wars book John, and maybe even better.  I compared them and it's exactly the same length/# of pages.  I've scanned through it and it's loaded with artwork, pages of notes, photos from the set...and best of all, right in the middle is a transcript of an audio tape recording from the set on the day they shot Han's carbon-freezing.  They got Kershner to wear a cordless mike all day and tape recorded the goings-on.  The transcription in the book goes on for 16 pages and includes Kershner moderating a spat between Fisher and Ford. 

laugh.gif

I was just going to post about all this, once again beaten biggrin.gif Both books are essential for the SW fan, hell I'll even spring for the RotJ as well when they're of this quality smile.gif One thing of note though, the paperback version of ANH has ommitted quite a few pics so be warned. I was just about to purchase it from a local auction when I found out just in the nick of time. I'm slowly getting through the library version for now, in all its hardcover glory drool1.gif

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ted Barchetta @ Oct 2 2010, 01:27 PM)
What are all of you guys' favorite Star Wars score? I personally like Return Of The Jedi's score the best.

I love the Empire Strikes back soundtrack

and Revenge of the Sith

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Oct 25 2010, 09:17 PM)
What are all of you guys' favorite Star Wars score? I personally like Return Of The Jedi's score the best.

and Revenge of the Sith

Yes, these two as well.

Sith is VASTLY UNDERRATED. Some really emotional pieces in that score.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 26 2010, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Oct 25 2010, 09:17 PM)

and Revenge of the Sith

Yes, these two as well.

Sith is VASTLY UNDERRATED. Some really emotional pieces in that score.

I agree. The best soundtrack of the six films.

Lucas mentioned on the EpIII bonus material he would be releasing an approximately 70 minute music montage DVD with scenes from all episodes in chronological order accompanied by their respective scores. Whatever happened with this? Has anyone else heard about this?

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Nov 4 2010, 01:46 AM)
Lucas mentioned on the EpIII bonus material he would be releasing an approximately 70 minute music montage DVD with scenes from all episodes in chronological order accompanied by their respective scores. Whatever happened with this? Has anyone else heard about this?

Yes, it's actually a separate disc (DVD) in the Ep. III soundtrack.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-II..._pr_product_top

It's great. There are two options: one is narrated by Ian McDiarmid (Emperor) and he explains where you are in the story prior to each track or you can turn that commentary off and just watch it straight through.

I enjoy it...and recommend you track it down. trink39.gif

Edited by Presto-digitation