AC/DC - Black Ice Tour

Steevo

Ok, tix go on sale here tomorrow. I dunno, just really indifferent to modern AC/DC. Yes they may never make it back to these shores again, yes its a fair price for the time/spectacle they deliver (one price for all), yes Ive never witnessed them live before, but still... confused13.gif

To see AC/DC at one of their homecoming gigs, I would LOVE to go. Take advantage of that and go. It's an amazing show and you'll have the best time of your life. Whether you're a casual fan or a huge diehard fan, you'll have an awesome time. All in all, they play about 5 songs from Black Ice and everything else is the regular classics. It's awesome though.

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 26 2009, 05:35 PM)
the only problem is that their setlist has been basically the same for the last 4 tours with the exception of 3 or 4 new songs

Yeah, but a greatest hits AC/DC is pretty much all you need. I don't care if they continue to do that same set list for the rest of their life. It's pretty much what you expect but it kicks ass. Would I be thrilled if they decided to bring out some songs from Powerage and Highway to Hell. Sure, but i'm perfectly fine with the current set list. It's just two hours of them doing what they do best. Watching Angus run around the stage is alone worth the price of admission.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 26 2009, 09:53 PM)
the only problem is that their setlist has been basically the same for the last 4 tours with the exception of 3 or 4 new songs

Yeah, but a greatest hits AC/DC is pretty much all you need. I don't care if they continue to do that same set list for the rest of their life. It's pretty much what you expect but it kicks ass. Would I be thrilled if they decided to bring out some songs from Powerage and Highway to Hell. Sure, but i'm perfectly fine with the current set list. It's just two hours of them doing what they do best. Watching Angus run around the stage is alone worth the price of admission.

goodpost.gif Most of their popular songs after Bon Scott died which is why I understand most of those songs are played, but they could add a couple more Bon scott songs.

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 26 2009, 05:58 PM)

goodpost.gif Most of their popular songs after Bon Scott died which is why I understand most of those songs are played, but they could add a couple more Bon scott songs.

I figured they would for the stadium shows and while Dog Eat Dog was a nice addition I would have loved some stuff from Powerage. Especially since Brian said he had taken a liking to a lot of the material a few weeks before the tour started.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 26 2009, 09:06 PM)

I figured they would for the stadium shows and while Dog Eat Dog was a nice addition I would have loved some stuff from Powerslave. Especially since Brian said he had taken a liking to a lot of the material a few weeks before the tour started.

Dog Eat Dog! One of my favs. Still not enough to get me to go see them this time around.

("Powerslave"? You a Maiden fan too? biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (goose @ Jul 26 2009, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 26 2009, 09:06 PM)

I figured they would for the stadium shows and while Dog Eat Dog was a nice addition I would have loved some stuff from Powerslave. Especially since Brian said he had taken a liking to a lot of the material a few weeks before the tour started.

Dog Eat Dog! One of my favs. Still not enough to get me to go see them this time around.

("Powerslave"? You a Maiden fan too? biggrin.gif )

Ha! Just caught that. doh.gif

Well, you know what I meant.

Thinkin' about going to see this show when they come to come to my town in november... I've got this mission to see as many rock bands (the classics at least) as I can in my lifetime. So I've gotta see AC/DC if I get the chance new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jul 27 2009, 01:41 AM)
Thinkin' about going to see this show when they come to come to my town in november... I've got this mission to see as many rock bands (the classics at least) as I can in my lifetime. So I've gotta see AC/DC if I get the chance new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Great goal! Who have you seen so far?

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Jul 27 2009, 01:41 AM)

seen them 8 times (all bon scott era)wild horses wouldnt drag me to a concert whilst brian johnsons on vox,the guy cant sing PERIOD!

he sounds constipated and struggles throughout each show to hold a tune.

Hes a bigger train wreck than ozzy and that takes some doing!

I heard this was the last time the band will tour and for me thats been 30 years overdue.

johnsons now 62 years old and angus 51 so its time to hang up the satchel and cap,

yes i know many acts are still touring at this ripe old age (including rush)

but this train ran out of steam a long time ago. HELLS BELLS!!!

word on the street is that they are done when the tour ends in may 2010 so get your ass to the show

1022.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 27 2009, 04:50 PM)
There's rumors like that every time they tour. It's certainly possible but I wouldn't think too much of it.

very true but i think Brian said this himself on the radio

Up to the end of June I was with Tel on AC/DC. I loved the Bon Scott era, and the man had a rapport with the crowd, which seemed so genuine. BJ just doesn't.

However, I saw the show in Glasgow and it was ****ing brilliant! I was like a 16 year old again, jumpin' around and screaming the words. Top notch. Yes the setlist hasn't changed radically in 25 years (Last time I saw the band live was at Donington in '84 - and they were sh*te!), and I can do without a 25 minute version of Let There ...., but it was still a ****ing superb show.

Well worth the 279 pounds for a new pair of spec - caused by some arsehole crowd-surfing.

I have seen AC/DC over 10 times.

1st in 1979 with Bon Scott, just month's before he died.

I was reluctant to go to the "Black Ice" tour mainly because I was unsure

AC/DC could match what huge shows I had seen previously & the tickets are expensive.

But, Dec 12th 2008 I decided to go down to the venue without a ticket & see if I

could get a cheap single seat from a concert attendee that might have a spare.

After 10 minute's & about 5 people that had single seats for sale I found ONE

for $40.00 ( 130.00 face value). Lower bowl , excellent seat. My girl, Jeri decided not to go with me

because the demand was so high she figured I wouldn't make it in, But I did !!

BTW, The show was HUGE, LOUD, Excellent ! !

Big Huge train was part of the stage & at one point a even larger Rosy appeared &

straddled the train during " A whole lot of Rosy " , The stage transformed into

2 other style's, very impressive.

But the show itself was Pure AC/DC, rip roaring rock ! Was Great !

They are coming back here same place on Oct 1st, Both me & Jeri will be there,

some how, some way, we will get in..........

the show was OK by my standards. BJ was funny and had a good time so that was one highlight. i really enjoyed watching their drummer phil rudd (?). he was really locked into those beats and gave it everything he had.

i expected to be body slammed by them like at the SARS show so that's why i was a little disappointed (with myself!).

front row all night so that was nice. security were nice, too wtf.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Aug 3 2009, 11:20 AM)
i really enjoyed watching their drummer phil rudd (?). he was really locked into those beats and gave it everything he had.

Phil is a kiwi, gets mentioned over here now and again 1022.gif cool.gif

i went on friday. great show. they played over 2 hr.s

QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 3 2009, 10:29 AM)

I was there too!

Great show...as usual. I've seen AC/DC on every tour since '86. This one certainly did not disappoint.

We got really lucky with the weather. I was worried that it would rain so hard that they'd cancel the show. But, it stopped at around 7pm, and the show went on as scheduled! We waited out the rain at the Grasshopper Also, just up the road from Giants Stadium. Got to the stadium at 8. Had a couple of beers in the parking lot. Went in to the show at 9. AC/DC took the stage at around 10 and played until after midnight, NON-STOP!

I was impressed with how much energy these guys still have. I thought Brian Johnson was going to take a header when he ran and jumped on Hells Bell!

What a show...

QUOTE (Steevo @ Aug 3 2009, 03:36 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Aug 4 2009, 02:29 AM)

How did BJ's voice hold out, what was the setlist like?

B.J's voice is still "o.k" . i was in the 20th row and i saw how hard he was trying to get those words out. great setlist , i think it was the same as i saw in nov. the more people you talk to they all say in may of 2010 he is done .

Archived