That Harry Potter Thread Is Growing Like A Snail's

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 04:09 PM)
I am sure the conversation there is stimulating and totally insightful and intellectual.

I am certain of one thing: it is undoubtedly more informative.

That is, when those who have seen it actually post THERE, instead of here.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see fights and bitching and Mods getting cranky and coming down on people and people reacting to the mods, and I like to see one set of people get their way as that means the other side are gonna be bitching which gets the other posters complaining which brings the Mods back acting calm and coming down on the interlopers (and no one wants to see a Mod have an easy life on a forum) which leads to more bitching and fighting and baiting and I just eat my popcorn... You see? And this thread is doing ok in these regards. And so I chuckle to myself and shake my head and all is well with the world.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 21 2009, 03:55 PM)
I just want to see fights and bitching and Mods getting cranky and coming down on people and people reacting to the mods, and I like to see one set of people get their way as that means the other side are gonna be bitching which gets the other posters complaining which brings the Mods back acting calm and coming down on the interlopers (and no one wants to see a Mod have an easy life on a forum) which leads to more bitching and fighting and baiting and I just eat my popcorn... You see? And this thread is doing ok in these regards. And so I chuckle to myself and shake my head and all is well with the world.

trink38.gif

I just like run-on sentences and people who like to stir the pot.

Hey RUSHHEAD666

I, too, am an English Major...I am nearly the same age as you...so this 'soured on reading' thing doesnt fly with me wink.gif

The books and the movies are two different forms of entertainment.

I love the books! I get lost in them! I love the movies, I am enthralled by them!

Listen, read, watch, or dont. I wont try to recruit you into Dumbledore's Army! LOL But I am merely recommending a good book, and hope you might enjoy it as much as I did.

I still havent read the last one...that will be my next, and sadly, my last.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 21 2009, 03:58 PM)

trink38.gif

Run-on sentences are a nice tool to create a certain mood and flow in a given paragraph (in this case a random post in an A versus B opposing forces thread in a forum). I like the slightly hypnotic back and forth vibe created with the repetive phrases. It's a bit like using a double negative in speech deliberately to create a stronger emphasis. Now and again it beats just putting in a correct sentence with a humdrum blah blah message.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 21 2009, 01:55 PM)

trink38.gif

The Priests Of Syrinx are getting upset dude.

The Solar Federation is about to spin out of control.

Hopefully Harry Potter with his trusty broom and magic wand will save the day.

"If I could wave my magic wand, I'd make everything all right. I'm not one to believe in magic."

PRESTO!!!

Everybody loves everyone again and everyone agrees on everything in the world.

"A tired mind become a shape-shifter

Everybody need a mood lifter

Everybody need reverse polarity

Everybody got mixed feelings

About the function and the form

Everybody got to deviate from the norm"

wacko.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 04:44 PM)

trink38.gif

"If I could wave my magic wand, I'd make everything all right. I'm not one to believe in magic."

PRESTO!!!

wacko.gif

As long as no one is exactly sure what I mean or where I stand I'm happy. Understand that I don't want to be understood.

smile.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:44 PM)

trink38.gif

PRESTO!!!

wacko.gif

Oh sure, bring 2.gif into the conversation, why don't you? What the hell is that all about?

What kind of board do you think this is anyway? confused13.gif

unsure.gif

never mind... ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Jul 21 2009, 01:59 PM)
Hey RUSHHEAD666

I, too, am an English Major...I am nearly the same age as you...so this 'soured on reading' thing doesnt fly with me wink.gif

The books and the movies are two different forms of entertainment.

I love the books! I get lost in them! I love the movies, I am enthralled by them!

Listen, read, watch, or dont. I wont try to recruit you into Dumbledore's Army! LOL But I am merely recommending a good book, and hope you might enjoy it as much as I did.

I still havent read the last one...that will be my next, and sadly, my last.

I wish I could say that you are right.

I try to read for pleasure but man I read a chapter and then I get bored no matter what the book is. Sci Fi, Horror, even books on Rock 'N Roll get old after a while.

Hey the good news is that my wife Wendy absolutely loves to read and our 12 year old and 8 year old daughters are addicted to reading.

So for that I am grateful.

For now I will simply stick with my obsession over music and film.

I will watch the new Potter film on Blu-Ray with the wife and kids this Holiday season perhaps or early next year.

The only thing I can hope for is that the older Potter gets, the darker the films become.

"Lights out Lights out in London!"

AlienSmiley.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 21 2009, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 04:44 PM)

trink38.gif

PRESTO!!!

wacko.gif

As long as no one is exactly sure what I mean or where I stand I'm happy. Understand that I don't want to be understood.

smile.gif

Nobody understands me either. Perfect.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 21 2009, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:44 PM)

trink38.gif

PRESTO!!!

wacko.gif

Oh sure, bring 2.gif into the conversation, why don't you? What the hell is that all about?

What kind of board do you think this is anyway? confused13.gif

unsure.gif

never mind... ph34r.gif

Actually some of the VITAL SIGNS lyrics make sense for this thread.

"STOP MAKING SENSE!"

Sincerely,

THE TALKING RUSHHEADS tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 21 2009, 04:27 PM)

trink38.gif

Run-on sentences are a nice tool to create a certain mood and flow in a given paragraph (in this case a random post in an A versus B opposing forces thread in a forum). I like the slightly hypnotic back and forth vibe created with the repetive phrases. It's a bit like using a double negative in speech deliberately to create a stronger emphasis. Now and again it beats just putting in a correct sentence with a humdrum blah blah message.

That's true. Personally I find them annoying and tedious, but I'm just so darn enamoured with humdrum blahblahness. wub.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 22 2009, 09:51 AM)

trink38.gif

That's true. Personally I find them annoying and tedious, but I'm just so darn enamoured with humdrum blahblahness. wub.gif

due to jupiter smashings, floating alaskan black blobs, and trying to find a way to use piss as a viable energy source, it's no wonder that duck-san's mind wanders and wonders with long ass sentences trink38.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 21 2009, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 02:49 AM)
The Narnia books are still a good read for kids after all of these years.

What, despite the overt Christian proselytising? wink.gif

So true.

Easy. Go back and read what I said to Fridge.

Don't make me lock this thread.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 22 2009, 02:00 AM)

So true.

Please don't!

I'm going to start having too much fun uncovering Earl's wizarding alias'.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Jul 21 2009, 09:20 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 22 2009, 02:00 AM)

So true.

Please don't!

I'm going to start having too much fun uncovering Earl's wizarding alias'.

I hate locking or moving threads so I really don't want to, but if this turns into a religious debate or even if people keep trying to start one I'll have no choice.

Hey Dave!

I'm not going to get religious at all. I just agreed with Fridge to keep that black caldron nice and stirred. The broth is slowly turning into a stagnant stew. The steam is rising like the Devil. "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Actually the following would be an interesting thread to write somewhere on here:

Compare and contrast the Narnia books with the Golden Compass Trilogy.

(No worries, I won't start it)

Personally I could care less what people believe in and heck I wouldn't read any of those books anyway.

To each there own.

Now let's get back to the fun of ripping "Hairy Porker!" oink oink! LOL!

Just kidding! tongue.gif

This thread is awesome! Please don't put this thing under "LOCK AND KEY!" laugh.gif

2.gif ON!

1022.gif

My next thread in this "Peaceable Kingdom" will be a thread based on how crappy the "Lord Of The Rings" films are. dazed025.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 10:51 PM)
Hey Dave!

I'm not going to get religious at all. I just agreed with Fridge to keep that black caldron nice and stirred. The broth is slowly turning into a stagnant stew. The steam is rising like the Devil. "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

Actually the following would be an interesting thread to write somewhere on here:

Compare and contrast the Narnia books with the Golden Compass Trilogy.
(No worries, I won't start it)

Personally I could care less what people believe in and heck I wouldn't read any of those books anyway.
To each there own.

Now let's get back to the fun of ripping "Hairy Porker!" oink oink! LOL!

Just kidding! tongue.gif

This thread is awesome! Please don't put this thing under "LOCK AND KEY!" laugh.gif

2.gif ON!

1022.gif

My next thread in this "Peaceable Kingdom" will be a thread based on how crappy the "Lord Of The Rings" films are. dazed025.gif

Earl, if you do want to discuss religion (and politics as well) you could ask permission to join the Sense O'Clock News forum. You're easily qualified to join, all you have to do is agree to the forum rules.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 21 2009, 06:51 PM)

So you're going to make a thread called "I have certain opinions that are categorically incorrect on so many levels" then? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Rough crowd!

I have no intention in starting a War On Religion within these sacred Syrinx Walls of a Rush Forum.

I am here to talk about RUSH, MUSIC and FILMS. Oh and SPORTS too.

Glad some of you don't care for my opinions on certain art forms.

What a boring place this would be if we all agreed on being me.

I know all about that Political Arena. Nope, I don't want to join that Mickey Mouse Club.

I would be banned from there in a day. HAHA! TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT!!

I would have joined it years ago. Glad I didn't. Being a Republican I would have had my red white and blue ass slapped just like Harry Potter's purple nut sack.

Earl The Babbling Baboon. No thanks. Pass.

I was only kidding when I said that about Lord Of Rings movies. I did read those books. The movies are garbage. "Oh you are sooooooooooooooooooooo precious." Give me a break. Gollum looks like Yoda on a serious Karen Carpenter Diet Plan.

Please remember one thing. My big bloated eyeball is always watching over you all.

Sincerely,

"1984"

George Orwell would have been a huge Van Halen fan!!

Hey Puppet!

The "eyes peeled" thing reminds me of the great movie "EYES WIDE SHUT."

Great flick and it is fitting to talk about since this is in the "Video Vertigo" section.

I have just started to write a sequel to the film by the late great Stanley Kubrick.

It is entitled:

"MINDS WIDE SHUT"

Starring me of course.

Actually I prefer the song "OPEN MIND" by BLACKFIELD.

I also love the band "SIMPLE MINDS."

"DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT ME.................................................."

trink39.gif

GOD IS DOG SPELLED BACKWARDS!!!!!!!

"It's the end of the world as we know it, but I feel fine..........."

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 21 2009, 07:51 PM)

trink38.gif

*feeds some ice cream to GG to fend her off*