Pearl Jam - Backspacer

theworkingman

I recently saw these guys play at the Outside Lands show a few weeks ago and it reinvigorated my appreciation for them, for the time being at least. I will be checking out the new material when it is released. They have always been a better live band than a studio band in my opinion.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Sep 12 2009, 03:02 PM)
The album is pretty solid. Pearl Jam for me is a band where I like most of their stuff but don't really love any of it. This one is another solid album for them. Definitely better than their last one.

I like their early albums a lot..........but the new one sounds just like the middle of the road stuff they have been doing pretty much since Vitalogy.

Got my copy from the Ten Club today and I must say that I'm pretty impressed. This could very well be one of the best albums they have put out. I think this one rates #3 for me, after Ten and Vs. It's as good as Vitalogy, but with no bizarre filler songs.

Going to see them here in Seattle next week. It's going to be stellar.

QUOTE (Barchetta82 @ Sep 17 2009, 04:46 PM)
Got my copy from the Ten Club today and I must say that I'm pretty impressed. This could very well be one of the best albums they have put out. I think this one rates #3 for me, after Ten and Vs. It's as good as Vitalogy, but with no bizarre filler songs.

I hope I get mine by Saturday.

Our mail here is weird, we are in a smallish town in IL right outside of St Louis MO so for some reason all of our mail goes thru St Louis. Even if I send a letter to someone in town it is routed thru St Louis.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow or Saturday for me!

QUOTE (Barchetta82 @ Sep 17 2009, 03:46 PM)

one of their best albums? seriously?

which songs are that good that would make this one of thir best?

"Ten" is a classic.

It was all downhill from there yet las a music addict I still buy their studio albums always hoping for a heavier record.

The one with the avacado on the cover wasn't bad.

I saw Pearl Jam at The Warfield on the TEN TOUR in SF.

Rage Against The Machine were no names then and opened up.

Before Pearl Jam hit the stage Zack came up to a bunch of us and handed us each a demo tape.

Shit I still wish I had that sucker.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Sep 16 2009, 07:09 AM)
Even tho the album has been leaked everywhere I'm holding out until I get that vinyl in my hands!

I just saw them last month in Chicago and I am probably going to do the 4 Philly shows!

1022.gif

I've never really been a "fan" but I do like a lot of their songs, so for a newb I hear 10 is probably the best to start with. Anybody have other suggestions?

My nephew who lives in Chicago is a major fan and drives to see them in other states just like I do with Rush...he HATES Rush BTW!!!

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Sep 19 2009, 08:05 AM)
QUOTE (afurrything @ Sep 16 2009, 07:09 AM)
Even tho the album has been leaked everywhere I'm holding out until I get that vinyl in my hands!

I just saw them last month in Chicago and I am probably going to do the 4 Philly shows!

1022.gif

I've never really been a "fan" but I do like a lot of their songs, so for a newb I hear 10 is probably the best to start with. Anybody have other suggestions?

My nephew who lives in Chicago is a major fan and drives to see them in other states just like I do with Rush...he HATES Rush BTW!!!

Pick up Rearview Mirror. Yeah it's a greatest hits album but still it has some good songs on it that aren't on their studio release. I Got Shit,Breath and State Of Love And Trust. It has their "hits" plus some other really good not as well known songs.

Then I'd say

VS

Vitalogy

Yield

are some other good ones to have.

I love No Code and Binaural but I think those might be a bit harder to just dive right into.

I'm a big fan...but I thought the last real good record they did was "Yield." This is the best since then. I'm real into this record. If you put it next to "Ten," I think you can really hear the maturity. The growth...

I'm a big fan of Ed lyrically. I like how he gets down. This was a real pleasant surprise for me. I thought it would be nice...but not this good.

Archived