Bad news

iluvgeddy05

That's unfortunate. But I guess we won't know the difference between rock radio now and after they get their album out, since they already have Nickelback and Hinder, two bands who sound exactly like Creed, dominating.

Think they'll go from being really bad "Christian" rock to just being really bad rock, now that Stapp completely wrecked his career?

I wouldn't get too worried, honestly. They've already had their time of being a 12-million-selling juggernaut. They'll make one album that sounds exactly like the rest of their albums, milk it for a few hit singles (like I said, with Nickelback and Hinder already burning up the charts, it won't radically change the makeup of rock radio, we'll just have to guess between which three bands it is instead of which two bands), tour for a couple years, remember that they hate each other, and then break up again.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Apr 27 2009, 11:53 AM)
Would it be heartless for me to state that I would like to see them all die in a horrible fire? 'Cause although, on the record, I, of course, surely wouldn't....but, off ze record, I say, 'burn, muthatrucka, burn!"

There are other people I'd sooner wish that on...Billy Corgan...Bruce Springsteen...this Creed reunion is harmless. It's not going to be as big as people think.

Didn't they only have like one hit? 10 years ago? There's still FANS? laugh.gif

Well, I don't think it will sell and maybe they'll go away for ever after learning what a dumb idea Creed is.

laugh.gif I agree with PuppetKing... god damn Billy Corgan, he sounds like a dying goose.

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Apr 28 2009, 07:53 AM)
Would it be heartless for me to state that I would like to see them all die in a horrible fire?  'Cause although, on the record, I, of course, surely wouldn't....but, off ze record, I say, 'burn, muthatrucka, burn!"

Nope it wouldn't...I'll be fanning the flames for sure. I would spare Bruce and Billy though, no need for that no.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 27 2009, 06:10 PM)
Would it be heartless for me to state that I would like to see them all die in a horrible fire?  'Cause although, on the record, I, of course, surely wouldn't....but, off ze record, I say, 'burn, muthatrucka, burn!"

Nope it wouldn't...I'll be fanning the flames for sure. I would spare Bruce and Billy though, no need for that no.gif

Bill Hicks already picked Billy Ray Cyrus, Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and Marky Mark anyway. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSm8rAOaLtE

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Apr 28 2009, 02:58 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Apr 27 2009, 06:10 PM)

Bill Hicks already picked Billy Ray Cyrus, Vanilla Ice, MC Hammer, and Marky Mark anyway. laugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSm8rAOaLtE

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 27 2009, 02:57 PM)
Think they'll go from being really bad "Christian" rock to just being really bad rock, now that Stapp completely wrecked his career?

I hate Christian rock. Sorry, if I offend anyone with that.....

QUOTE (izzy @ Apr 27 2009, 06:49 PM)

You're confusing "one hit" with "a few songs that sounded nearly identical, but all managed to chart well anyway". laugh.gif

And I know plenty of Christians who think Christian rock is lame as well.

100% cash grab . i do think the drummer and guitar player are very good. STAPP is the real tool here. you can tell by looking at the press photo no one is a happy camper

1022.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 28 2009, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (izzy @ Apr 27 2009, 06:49 PM)
Didn't they only have like one hit? 10 years ago? There's still FANS?  laugh.gif

You're confusing "one hit" with "a few songs that sounded nearly identical, but all managed to chart well anyway". laugh.gif

And I know plenty of Christians who think Christian rock is lame as well.

The only Christain rock band I like is Jars of Clay, and I got into them before knowing they were as such. I got to meet them one time, which was cool, have a signed poster and all that. Most people know them by their hit back in the 90's called "Flood".

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 28 2009, 01:43 PM)
100% cash grab . i do think the drummer and guitar player are very good. STAPP is the real tool here. you can tell by looking at the press photo no one is a happy camper
1022.gif

Haven't the last few Stones tours been cash grabs? laugh.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Apr 28 2009, 04:22 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 28 2009, 01:43 PM)
1022.gif

Haven't the last few Stones tours been cash grabs? laugh.gif

more like a bank robbery laugh.gif

QUOTE (izzy @ Apr 27 2009, 05:49 PM)

I'm sure you're joking and actually do remember just how many of these glossy, post-grunge hits this Creed band actually had. For like four years solid, that's all there was on the dang radio. Them and the other pseudo-grunge acts dominated the airwaves. That's when I bailed out of radioland and have never returned. Pretty much a decade now without any FM radio.

I hate Christian rock. Sorry, if I offend anyone with that.....

But, ya know what? Labeling Creed a Christian band is definitely a misnomer. It's Christian rock fans who keep on heeping that tag on the band, not themselves, nor their record company. They would never qualify as such, because their message is pretty far distanced from the act of selling the saviour to the masses....If you listen to the lyrics to the typical Creed tune, there's so much doubt in those lyrics that it borders on dis-belief.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 27 2009, 10:57 AM)

Well one things for sure. I don't think the band will have God back behind them on this tour.

Will Kid Rock be opening the show?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/ciszowski_matt/jesus_hates_creed.jpg

The tour scheduling is pure win also.

Thu 08/06/09 Pittsburgh, PA TBA

Sat 08/08/09 Darien Center, NY Tba

Sun 08/09/09 Hershey, PA TBA

Tue 08/11/09 Saratoga Springs, NY TBA

Thu 08/13/09 Philadelphia, PA TBA

Sat 08/15/09 Wantagh, NY TBA

Sun 08/16/09 Stockholm, Sweden TBA

Tue 08/18/09 Boston, MA TBA

Thu 08/20/09 Hartford, CT TBA

Fri 08/21/09 Washington, DC TBA

Sat 08/22/09 Virginia Beach, VA TBA

Tue 08/25/09 Detroit, MI TBA

Wed 08/26/09 Cleveland, OH TBA

Fri 08/28/09 Cincinnati, OH TBA

Sat 08/29/09 Indianapolis, IN TBA

Sun 08/30/09 Chicago, IL TBA

Tue 09/01/09 Milwaukee, WI TBA

Wed 09/02/09 Columbus, OH TBA

Fri 09/04/09 Raleigh, NC TBA

Sat 09/05/09 Charlotte, NC TBA

Fri 09/11/09 Atlanta, GA TBA

Sat 09/12/09 Birmingham, AL TBA

Tue 09/15/09 Orlando, FL TBA

Wed 09/16/09 West Palm Beach, FL TBA

Fri 09/18/09 Lafayette, LA TBA

Sat 09/19/09 New Orleans, LA TBA

Sun 09/20/09 Bossier City, LA TBA

Tue 09/22/09 Dallas, TX TBA

Thu 09/24/09 San Antonio, TX TBA

Fri 09/25/09 Houston, TX TBA

Sun 09/27/09 Las Vegas, NV TBA

Tue 09/29/09 Glendale, AZ TBA

Wed 09/30/09 Irvine, CA TBA

Fri 10/02/09 Salt Lake City, UT TBA

Sat 10/03/09 Denver, CO TBA

Tue 10/06/09 Minneapolis, MN TBA

Wed 10/07/09 Omaha, NE TBA

Fri 10/09/09 Tulsa, OK TBA

Sat 10/10/09 Kansas City, MO TBA

Tue 10/13/09 St. Louis, MO TBA

Wed 10/14/09 Nashville, TN TBA

So after a massive sold out show in New York it's over to Sweden but then back to Boston the next day. Also three shows in Louisiana, three shows in Texas, and one show in L.A. Did every Creed fan in the world move to the South or something? Boy, I can't wait to not buy tickets for this show.

Archived