Favorite Pink Floyd member solo effort

The Owl

Which of these solo albums by members of Pink Floyd is your faviorate?/The Best?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these solo albums by members of Pink Floyd is your faviorate?/The Best?

• Syd Barrett: The Madcap Laughs
    • Syd Barrett: Barrett
    • Richard Wright: Wet Dream
    • Richard Wright: Broken China
    • Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports: With Nick Mason's Fictitious Sports
    • Mason +Fenn: Profiles
    • Mason+ Fenn: White of the Eye
    • Mason+Fenn: Tank Mailing
    • Roger Waters: Music from the Body
    • Roger Waters: The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking
    • Roger Waters: Radio K.A.O.S
    • Roger Waters: Amused to Death
    • Roger Waters: Ca Ira
    • David Gilmour: David Gilmour
    • David Gilmour: About Face
    • David Gilmour: On an Island

not including live releases...........which of these efforts by Pink Floyd Members outside of Floyd do you think is the best?

(note: Technically Nick Mason has not released a solo album, his efforts were in new bands (NMFS), and a partnership effort (Mason +Fenn) but I put them in here anyway.....didn't feel right leaving it out)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My vote really shouldn't count because I haven't heard a lot of the albums on the list, but I'm a total Gilmour devotee, regardless.

"On An Island" gets better every time I listen to it. Magical music, IMO.

I was actually listening to Dave's first solo album on the way to work this morning. No, it's not incredible, but I like it for what it is, if that makes any sense.

Yes, of course I'm prejudiced! tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 2 2009, 10:30 AM)
My vote really shouldn't count because I haven't heard a lot of the albums on the list, but I'm a total Gilmour devotee, regardless.

I was actually listening to Dave's first solo album on the way to work this morning. No, it's not incredible, but I like it for what it is, if that makes any sense.

OAI would probably get my #2 pick

Dave's first solo effort was kind of dull......still some good stuff though....

About face was really good.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 2 2009, 10:33 AM)

"On An Island" gets better every time I listen to it.  Magical music, IMO.

I was actually listening to Dave's first solo album on the way to work this morning.  No, it's not incredible, but I like it for what it is, if that makes any sense.

Ever seen the videos from "About Face"? rofl3.gif

I'll bet Dave cringes if he ever has to watch one. They are a hoot and a half. He gets away with it by being completely sexy.

firedevil.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 2 2009, 11:30 AM)

One of these days I'm going to get that album.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 2 2009, 11:22 AM)

I was actually listening to Dave's first solo album on the way to work this morning.  No, it's not incredible, but I like it for what it is, if that makes any sense.

You should. It is beautifully done.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 2 2009, 12:25 PM)

It's probably a stretch, but if it has anything remotely like what I hear on "Momentary Lapse of Reason" then I'm there!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 2 2009, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 2 2009, 10:33 AM)

Ever seen the videos from "About Face"? rofl3.gif

I'll bet Dave cringes if he ever has to watch one. They are a hoot and a half. He gets away with it by being completely sexy.

firedevil.gif

I haven't seen the videos.........

My faviorate song from that album was "Murder", a song about Mark David Chapman, and the John Lennon murder............

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 2 2009, 12:22 PM)

One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

Oh wait, that's Pink Floyd...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2009, 12:42 PM)

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 2 2009, 05:25 PM)

Out of the solos, I only have On An Island so far, but I haven't listened to it yet... ohmy.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 2 2009, 04:23 PM)
Amused to Death got my vote.

Not only is this my favioriate album by a Floyd member.......this album is honstly in my top 5 albums of all time........

yes.gif Sooooo true!

I was never actually into Pink Floyd at all until I listened to Roger Waters solo stuff.. He *IS* Pink Floyd for me....

Definitely Roger Waters's solo albums, he's my favourite band member. The style of The Wall and TFC, which I consider to be the 'pure' floydian style, went on with Pros and Cons and his other works, Amused to death being the strongest of them, but now his first LP spins on and on in my mind. It might be called boring and tasteless but the very moment I heard Running Shoes, I knew that there was something which might overthrow Amused to Death from top postition in my personal rating xD

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 2 2009, 12:42 PM)

laugh.gif I thought exactly the same thing...

Dave Gilmour's first. Awesome guitar player and its something good to listen to in a calmer mood. My favorite Floyd member.

Much like I'm no fan of the solo works of Neil, geddy, and Alex, I'm not a big fan of the Floyd guys solo work although I love Gilmours playing, and Waters lyrics and emotion.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 2 2009, 01:38 PM)
KAOS all the way. Followed by On An Island.
Yes, Murder is a great track, the best on About Face.

Murder was the only decent track on an album that was tremendously dissappointing. It's right up there w/ Zep's "The Song Remains the Same" in terms of falling short of expectations.

Water's "The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" is my pick. It continues what "The Wall" started, even though it's beathorse.gif It has imagination and lyrics and vocals; many of the other choices lack all 3.

Archived