New Geddy Interview

tangy

http://www.rushisaband.com/

Great interview with lots of insight.

Not gonna quote my favorite statement from the interview but really got a kick out of Geddy talking about Chic.

"Geddy Lee: As a rock type you're normally not allowed to say this, but I like the popping technique of the funk bassists a lot. Bernard Edwards of Chic was incredible with this."

1022.gif common001.gif

Great interview. I didn't know the Rickenbacker was so heavy. . .or his original reason for the Steinberger. Interesting.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 27 2009, 04:58 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 27 2009, 09:33 PM)
I didn't know the Rickenbacker was so heavy. . .

I do.. wacko.gif laugh.gif

I thought of you when I was typing that! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 27 2009, 10:16 PM)

I thought of you when I was typing that! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif wub.gif trink39.gif

Oh yeah, Ricks are pretty heavy! yes.gif

Something tells me the Wals are, too... though I've never had the pleasure of playing one.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 27 2009, 03:58 PM)

It's light compared to my 6-string Yamaha TRB6P... wink.gif

Geddy Lee: I was very excited and relieved. Obamas election is a monumental gain for the United States, in order to arrive in modern times on the administrational level and in order to be able to recognize the cultural richness which exists in our neighbor country. Obama is the great transformer of our times. He saved us canadians from the great invasion of Amis which would have fled their country if McCain and Palin had won the election.

b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (mfratt @ Jan 27 2009, 10:39 PM)
Geddy Lee: I was very excited and relieved. Obamas election is a monumental gain for the United States, in order to arrive in modern times on the administrational level and in order to be able to recognize the cultural richness which exists in our neighbor country. Obama is the great transformer of our times. He saved us canadians from the great invasion of Amis which would have fled their country if McCain and Palin had won the election.

b_sigh.gif

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 28 2009, 03:32 AM)

b_sigh.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Jan 28 2009, 08:58 AM)

b_sigh.gif

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

That Geddy is a funny guy. smile.gif

b_sigh.gif

sarcasm.gif

b_sigh.gif

sarcasm.gif

yeah. just like babs and james brolin and whoopi promised too and never did...

I'm surprised at the people who should have known better than to make this a politically charged thread. Well, I'm not that suprised at all by some of the names I've seen participating. But oh well. smile.gif

Please... no more.

Perhaps Geddy should sign up to TRF and get access to SOCN. That would be fun.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 28 2009, 12:36 PM)
I'm surprised at the people who should have known better than to make this a politically charged thread. Well, I'm not that suprised at all by some of the names I've seen participating. But oh well. smile.gif

Please... no more.

I'm afraid political statements are not taboo in this case. Geddy chose to comment on politics, so the forum has every right to discuss his views. Personally, I think Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing, nothing more than another AIPAC puppet who has successfully created an illusion that "change" is a-coming.

A lot of disappointed people on the horizon, I think...

Good interview, though.

QUOTE (Jocky Balboa @ Jan 28 2009, 05:44 PM)
I'm surprised at the people who should have known better than to make this a politically charged thread. Well, I'm not that suprised at all by some of the names I've seen participating.  But oh well.  smile.gif

Please... no more.

Perhaps Geddy should sign up to TRF and get access to SOCN.  That would be fun.

I'm afraid political statements are not taboo in this case. Geddy chose to comment on politics, so the forum has every right to discuss his views. Personally, I think Obama is a wolf in sheep's clothing, nothing more than another AIPAC puppet who has successfully created an illusion that "change" is a-coming.

Good interview, though.

I agree. Thats all I'll say ph34r.gif

Please... no more.

ph34r.gif

I'm surprised at the people who should have known better than to make this a politically charged thread. Well, I'm not that suprised at all by some of the names I've seen participating.  But oh well.  smile.gif

Please... no more.

Good interview, though.

Sorry, but you don't get to make that determination. There is a political forum for political discussion. And guess what? Even Geddy's comments don't get to supersede those rules. There's already a discussion in that forum regarding Geddy, and which way a certain member thinks he packs. Errr. I mean leans.

Thanks. smile.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 28 2009, 08:28 PM)

Please... no more.

Good interview, though.

Sorry, but you don't get to make that determination. There is a political forum for political discussion. And guess what? Even Geddy's comments don't get to supersede those rules. There's already a discussion in that forum regarding Geddy, and which way a certain member thinks he packs. Errr. I mean leans.

Thanks. smile.gif

So if Geddy registered here and started making political small talk in general forum, he'd get the ban stick? ph34r.gif

QUOTE (mfratt @ Jan 28 2009, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jan 28 2009, 08:28 PM)

Please... no more.

Good interview, though.

Thanks. smile.gif

So if Geddy registered here and started making political small talk in general forum, he'd get the ban stick? ph34r.gif

He'd be told that political discussions are to be confined to the political forum. Same as we tell everyone else. However, if we knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was Geddy (or Neil or Alex), we MIGHT just waive the 30 day/100 post requirement. Just for them.

Maybe. wink.gif

Archived