Kate Bush

Any fans of Kate Bush?

I now have 3 CD's: "The Dreaming", "Hounds of Love", and "Aerial".

I'm really diggin' her stuff right now.

To me she is Peter Gabriel as a woman. Very eclectic music and highly original stuff - progressive rock in a way.

I had a friend in the mid '90's I used to hang out with who liked her....but I don't know any of her stuff except thet Running Up a Hill song.

LOL, I was just thinking of starting this thread CT, but thought it was bound to have been thrashed out before. Anyways, welcome to the wonderful world of KB. I have pretty much everything she has done, inc a few vinyl picture discs. I can put up them up if you (or anyone) is interested.

I read that she did a song titled "Lyra" for the movie "The Golden Compass". I found it on Youtube. Beautiful song.

I've had "Aerial" since it was released, but I remember her material on MTV back in the 80's.

Over the holidays, I bought a used copy of "the Dreaming". Right now, the last half of the album is very good. It will take a few listens for the first half to "sink in".

I think my fave song on "The Dreaming" is the last track titled "Get out of my house". I read that the song was inspired by Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" from the Stephen King novel. Somehow the knowledge of this factoid makes the song seem even better.

The next album I will probably get is "The Sensual World" from 1989.

She also did a song with Peter Gabriel which I wouldn't mind hearing.

If you'll forgive the momentary lapse into the usage of spurious internet acronyms - Kate Bush FTW!

I've been a fan of hers for about 18 years now, have everything she's done, and think she's just awesome. smile.gif

Personal favourite album of hers? Lionheart. Don't know why, it just takes me to a strange place whenever I listen to it. Kate herself hates it, apparently. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Thorne @ Jan 3 2009, 04:07 AM)
If you'll forgive the momentary lapse into the usage of spurious internet acronyms - Kate Bush FTW!

I've been a fan of hers for about 18 years now, have everything she's done, and think she's just awesome. smile.gif

Personal favourite album of hers? Lionheart. Don't know why, it just takes me to a strange place whenever I listen to it. Kate herself hates it, apparently. tongue.gif

Yeah, I read that the record company wanted to release "Lionheart" sooner than she was ready. According to her, it wasn't quite finished and needed more work before release.

I hear she is a perfectionist also - which is a good thing.

QUOTE (Thorne @ Jan 3 2009, 10:07 PM)
Personal favourite album of hers?  Lionheart.  Don't know why, it just takes me to a strange place whenever I listen to it.  Kate herself hates it, apparently.  tongue.gif

Do you know her fave? Hounds of Love for me. Yes its her most commercial, but I have never tired from it. A fully-realised creative bonanza; production, musicality, lyric/conceptual lyric (videos as well)...shucks, in other words, the girl done good biggrin.gif

RUTH live with Mr Gilmour - (hate his tone here, well it was the 80s I guess).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyZEl8g2I7E

Edited by Steevo

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 3 2009, 05:26 AM)
It's Kate Bush's world and we are lucky to live in it.

sad world............... laugh.gif

I love Kate Bush! "Wuthering Heights" is one of my favorite songs.

And yes, she is a reputed perfectionist.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 4 2009, 05:03 PM)
I love Kate Bush! "Wuthering Heights" is one of my favorite songs.
And yes, she is a reputed perfectionist.

For a long time I used to believe that "Wuthering Heights" was a Pat Benatar song because I was a big fan of hers in the early 80s and had not yet heard of Kate Bush. Pat does the song on her album "Crimes of Passion" from 1980.

Kate is a goddess. I love her! My favorites are Hounds of Love and Sensual World, but there's great stuff on every one of her albums. Her latest album is unbelievably beautiful (and was mastered by James Guthrie, who worked with Pink Floyd for years, so it sounds fantastic).

I'm not a huge fan of all her stuff. When she was good though she's very good and quite original. I tend to like her simpler, more direct stuff the best. Not so much when she got into too much studio trickery and experimentation. Lionheart is a fantastic album, followed by The Kick Inside and Hounds of Love.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Nov 19 2010, 04:45 AM)
Hounds of Love is a great album. Only one I've heard though, I should get acquainted with her other work.

You need to hear *everything* she has done. 'Hounds' is only a small part of her story, albeit a potent part wub.gif