Worst miscast EVER

theredtamasrule

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Dec 20 2008, 08:06 PM)
QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Dec 20 2008, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 18 2008, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 18 2008, 08:41 AM)
Hayden Christianson as Anakin Skywalker.

Just.......not right.

Not as bad as Jake Lloyd as the YOUNG Annakin Skywalker though. That was worse.

Absolutely the worst actor ever.

I didn't like the character but he was just a little kid. He was better than Jar-Jar.

Yer right about that.

I just tuned that jar Jar thing out...couldn't understand a word he said.

I watched that movie for the second time a couple of weeks ago and it was just dreadful.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 22 2008, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 22 2008, 02:17 PM)
Kevin Costner as Robin Hood.

oooooh, good one...

Most lame attempt at an English accent ever..........

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Dec 20 2008, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 18 2008, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 18 2008, 08:41 AM)
Hayden Christianson as Anakin Skywalker.

Just.......not right.

Not as bad as Jake Lloyd as the YOUNG Annakin Skywalker though. That was worse.

Absolutely the worst actor ever.

Mannequin Skywalker.

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Dec 22 2008, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 22 2008, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 22 2008, 02:17 PM)
Kevin Costner as Robin Hood.

oooooh, good one...

Most lame attempt at an English accent ever..........

Can't argue this one!!!

I doubt many will know or remember this.

Louis Nye playing Sonny Drysdale, Mr Drysdale's son home from college in The Beverly Hillbillies. Louis Nye was 50 years old at the time. Raymond Bailey, the actor playing Mr Drysdale was 8 years older.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/10/11/arts/11nye_184.jpg

QUOTE (goose @ Dec 17 2008, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 17 2008, 10:49 PM)
I just stumbled across this little nugget of info I'd never heard before. John Wayne was cast as Genghis Khan in The Conqueror...

John Wayne as freaking Genghis Khan? That has to the worst ever.

http://www.asianweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/6_johnwayne.jpg

And isn't this the movie they filmed in the Nevada desert A-bomb test range? Gave him cancer, they say.

ohmy.gif

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/3...ctive-movie-set

OMG, another Cecil Adams fan??? I LOVE Cecil!

QUOTE (ouchithurts @ Dec 24 2008, 08:20 PM)
I doubt many will know or remember this.

Louis Nye playing Sonny Drysdale, Mr Drysdale's son home from college in The Beverly Hillbillies. Louis Nye was 50 years old at the time. Raymond Bailey, the actor playing Mr Drysdale was 8 years older.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/10/11/arts/11nye_184.jpg

I remember Sonny Drysdale. I knew he seemed awfully old to be Mr. Drysdale's son.

Another bad miscast: Adam Sandler in "The Longest Yard" remake. Burt Reynolds will always be the quarterback of the Mean Machine.

QUOTE (queenshall @ Dec 25 2008, 01:24 PM)
I would think Shelley Duvall is worth a shout. Love the Shining but she makes me cringe at times.

Good call. She was perfect as Olive Oyl in "Popeye," but as Wendy Torrance in "The Shining"? no.gif

In the book, Wendy Torrance was a hot blonde... you know, like Rebecca DeMornay in the remake... not a doggish and homely brunette. Woof!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Dec 25 2008, 06:53 PM)
QUOTE (queenshall @ Dec 25 2008, 01:24 PM)
I would think Shelley Duvall is worth a shout. Love the Shining but she makes me cringe at times.

Good call. She was perfect as Olive Oyl in "Popeye," but as Wendy Torrance in "The Shining"? no.gif

In the book, Wendy Torrance was a hot blonde... you know, like Rebecca DeMornay in the remake... not a doggish and homely brunette. Woof!

Aww... I haven't read the book and didn't know it was a hot blonde. Shelly Duval is pretty much the antithesis of hot blonde.

QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 18 2008, 11:26 AM)
Because I am such a Tolkein fan, I was pretty disappointed with Vigo Mortensen as Aragorn. He was actually a stand in, because the original pick cancelled at the last minute. Vigo was way too soft for Aragorn, although the movie script misrepresented the character anyway.

Wow really? I thought Viggo was great as Aragorn. I will say that as the movies went on he seemed to do less and less. Especially in the last one, you know the one where's he's in the friggin' title and all?

I haven't read the books for LotR though so he's my only exposure to the character so far.

What's her head as the new Lois Lane in Superman Returns. Nobody I know who saw the movie thinks she was any good in it, or has any chemistry with Brandon Routh.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Dec 26 2008, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeeRoth @ Dec 18 2008, 11:26 AM)
Because I am such a Tolkein fan, I was pretty disappointed with Vigo Mortensen as Aragorn.  He was actually a stand in, because the original pick cancelled at the last minute.  Vigo was way too soft for Aragorn, although the movie script misrepresented the character anyway.

Wow really? I thought Viggo was great as Aragorn. I will say that as the movies went on he seemed to do less and less. Especially in the last one, you know the one where's he's in the friggin' title and all?

I haven't read the books for LotR though so he's my only exposure to the character so far.

I have no problem seeing Viggo as Aragorn, I thought he was a good fit to the role. The reason why the movie Aragorn could be seen as a soft, torn, reluctant hero is that the Wingnut trio bastardized the character so much there it was very much unlike the book Aragorn.

In the books Aragorn always knew his destiny and did not shy away from it...and would not have been so rash as to simply lop the head off of The Mouth of Sauron. The movies did him no favors.

I'm not so sure if any character was safe from perversion in the movies to some extent.

* dork rant over *