Freaks And Geeks

deadwing2112

It's one of my favorite television shows of all-time! I absolutely love it! Yes, it is a crime it was canceled. Its cancellation is a perfect example of American networks and audiences not knowing a good thing when they see it! And yet, so much crap plays on for years.

Great writing. Great characters. Great ensemble cast. Great show.

And plenty of Rush references to boot!

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 2 2008, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Dec 2 2008, 01:25 AM)
Best show ever. So mad it was cancelled after only 1 season.

Not even one season!

yup. a damn shame. i think i might've seen just 4 or 5 episodes. but they were all good. it reminded me of The Wonder Years but set a few years later and with more characters. both very good 'coming of age' shows

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 1 2008, 10:48 PM)
It's one of my favorite television shows of all-time! I absolutely love it! Yes, it is a crime it was canceled. Its cancellation is a perfect example of American networks and audiences not knowing a good thing when they see it! And yet, so much crap plays on for years.

Great writing. Great characters. Great ensemble cast. Great show.

And plenty of Rush references to boot!

goodpost.gif

I couldn't have said it any better

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 2 2008, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (pt2112 @ Dec 2 2008, 01:25 AM)
Best show ever. So mad it was cancelled after only 1 season.

Not even one season!

Yes, that's true. I'm glad they have the whole first season on DVD though.

Had a lot of extra Christmas cash, so I decided to spend some of it on the Freaks and Geeks Yearbook edition that they just re-released. In addition to everything on the regular DVD, it comes with 2 extras discs of bonus footage and an 80 page yearbook. Yes, I'm pretty obsessed with this show.

http://www.amazon.com/Freaks-Geeks-Yearboo...30521326&sr=1-2

I loved this show! Although I just heard about it recently and borrowed the entire season from a friend. Very funny show, and too bad they won't be making any more seasons sad.gif

I rented the DVD's for this awhile back, and now I'm re-watching them since they're playing on IFC.

This show really reminds me of being in that time of my life and it had so many great things to say. It's definitely one of the greatest shows of all time, and certainly the best show I've ever seen to only make it one year. It's such a crime that it never made it any further.

And the numerous Rush references don't hurt one tiny little bit. no.gif tongue.gif

It's one of the best conceived television shows of all-time. They nailed it. Wonderful cast, wonderful writing. Funny and poignant. I really can't think of a think I don't like about it. Except that it was canceled without getting a fair chance.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 11 2010, 07:04 AM)
It's one of the best conceived television shows of all-time. They nailed it. Wonderful cast, wonderful writing. Funny and poignant. I really can't think of a think I don't like about it. Except that it was canceled without getting a fair chance.

It's a little difficult to tell for sure, but as far as I can surmise, it's one of the top ten rated tv shows of all time on IMDB. It's got a 9.5 out of 10, which is insane.

Srsly, anyone who's never seen this needs to rent or buy the dvd's and watch it like yesterday.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Dec 1 2008, 10:43 PM)
I just finished this series last night and this is some great stuff. This show is basically a less vulgar Superbad/Knocked Up tv show. This show should never have been canceled. Anyone else seen it?

is this the show where some dude started to quote "Lady" by Styx when he was talking to his love interest?

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Oct 11 2010, 10:50 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Dec 1 2008, 10:43 PM)
I just finished this series last night and this is some great stuff. This show is basically a less vulgar Superbad/Knocked Up tv show. This show should never have been canceled. Anyone else seen it?

is this the show where some dude started to quote "Lady" by Styx when he was talking to his love interest?

Yes, he sang it to her. biggrin.gif

There are only about 15 magical moments (from sharp comedy to genuintely awesome pop culture references) each episode.