I Wish That I Was an Artist

snowdogged

wow, that's the way to bring a room to life. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Wow! Unreal. I love the way he "enhanced" existing features. Don't have an arch transom over the French doors or built-in bookcases? No problem, just draw them in!

Sharpie. Write out loud.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 16 2008, 06:20 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 15 2008, 11:07 PM)
This is so cool!

I want to go over there with a fresh box of 64-count Crayola crayons.

If that were my basement, I would host a coloring party and everyone would have to bring crayons, pick a section of wall and color it!

Ok, (yeah, I'm quoting myself), this gives me a great idea. Take some butcher paper, line a wall, draw outlines of whatever and have people come over and paint, color, finger paint, watercolor paint, whatever they choose, pick a section and fill in the drawing. And have a separate section for kids. Now that would make for some interesting art work to have in the house.

I'm so doing this.

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 16 2008, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 16 2008, 06:20 AM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Oct 15 2008, 11:07 PM)
This is so cool!

I want to go over there with a fresh box of 64-count Crayola crayons.

If that were my basement, I would host a coloring party and everyone would have to bring crayons, pick a section of wall and color it!

Ok, (yeah, I'm quoting myself), this gives me a great idea. Take some butcher paper, line a wall, draw outlines of whatever and have people come over and paint, color, finger paint, watercolor paint, whatever they choose, pick a section and fill in the drawing. And have a separate section for kids. Now that would make for some interesting art work to have in the house.

I'm so doing this.

That's one hell of a party idea. Wish I had a basement. sad.gif

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Oct 16 2008, 02:23 PM)
Wait a minute, since when are basements at ground level and have windows and doors accessible from outside? This is not a basement, it's just a ground floor den.

It is a basement, as it is technically below grade, and surrounded by poured (I assume) concrete walls which comprise the foundation. It's what's called a daylight basement. Common here in the south. I have built and finished a number of them.

You'll find lots of Walk out basements here in michigan. My old house that i grew up in had a walk out. from the front of the house you couldn't tell, but as you walked around back, the land sloped downward and the basement was accessible.

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 16 2008, 03:03 PM)
You'll find lots of Walk out basements here in michigan. My old house that i grew up in had a walk out. from the front of the house you couldn't tell, but as you walked around back, the land sloped downward and the basement was accessible.

We have them in Wisconsin too.

Wow this guy is great, and I agree, give me the crayolas!

Archived