How did you meet your SO?

Sodoff Baldrick

If this has been done already, whatever. It's Valentine's Day. tongue.gif

I met my now husband in college, in 1991. I was a junior and he was a grad student, and we wound up sitting next to each in a Shakespeare class, which was an elective for the English major. I was seeing somebody at the time, but that was on the cusp of deteriorating completely. Malc, meanwhile, had a thing for another classmate, who was unhappily married. ohmy.gif Nothing came of that, however.

A month into the semester, my boyfriend and I break up. By Halloween it was time for the city agricultural fair, where they had a Midnight Madness event. It was planned that a bunch of us would go as a group, but it wound being me, him, and a friend of mine I had invited along. I learned later that the other people in the party dropped out intentionally so we would hook up. Well, it didn't happen then, because Malc assumed I didn't have a good time and didn't talk me for weeks after that.

During this time, I'm thinking he's very nice and handsome and that I wouldn't mind dating him. One night we're at an English club function and he's walking me to my car, so I just bit the bullet and asked him out. That was November, 1991. We were married in July, 1994. smile.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm sure most people know mine and Tracy's tale already, but here is the synopsis for those not in the know. Point to note :- I am in the UK and NPG is in Tennessee.

I joined Counterparts message board almost exactly one year ago, within a month NPG and I were saying that we loved each other on Yahoo. A thread dedicated to us was started and the logging of an online love story began. In April we spoke on the phone for the first time, on my birthday to be precise. Our relationship grew and our life circumstances dramatically changed. Just before RushCon we announced to the board that the love shack postings were truly heartfelt, not just an online fantasy. Some were shocked, some said 'I knew it', all were pleased for us.

In October I flew over to Nashville and spent some time with NPG. Our postings on the boards were obvious by their absence. laugh.gif Pictures were taken and posted and the online documentation continued. I flew out again in December so we were together for new year.

The serious thoughts and processes have begun now regarding visas and becoming a US resident, and starting a new life with a wonderful girl who, to this day, still amazes and delights me.

The Love Shack on Counterparts is still there, as are the posts in other threads in which NPG and I first interacted. A funny little exchange about spelling mistakes. Now we continue in The Lurve Shack here on TRF.

We love each other....immensely. It makes me glad. I'm so lucky.

Happy Valentine's Day TJ. I love you.

rose.gif

Oh..those are so sweet... wub.gif

I met my husband many years ago when he was working at a record store. My best friend Delena and I would wander in regularly to flirt...nothing serious, but she and I were both 16 and just finding out how to drive guys crazy....

After several visits, he asked Delena out...she had just gotten engaged, so that was out...so he asked me instead. (Thus began a constant round of really good concerts with really good seats! ) Somewhere along the way, we fell in love heart.gif

We dated for several months, until my stepmother made it clear that I was no longer welcome at home. (No, I wasn't that evil. She just thought I was the cause of friction between her and my father.) I moved in with Charlie, got a job, and finished school . We got married a few years later....

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Feb 14 2005, 03:17 PM)
Well, I'm sure most people know mine and Tracy's tale already, but here is the synopsis for those not in the know. Point to note :- I am in the UK and NPG is in Tennessee.

I joined Counterparts message board almost exactly one year ago, within a month NPG and I were saying that we loved each other on Yahoo. A thread dedicated to us was started and the logging of an online love story began. In April we spoke on the phone for the first time, on my birthday to be precise. Our relationship grew and our life circumstances dramatically changed. Just before RushCon we announced to the board that the love shack postings were truly heartfelt, not just an online fantasy. Some were shocked, some said 'I knew it', all were pleased for us.

In October I flew over to Nashville and spent some time with NPG. Our postings on the boards were obvious by their absence. laugh.gif Pictures were taken and posted and the online documentation continued. I flew out again in December so we were together for new year.

The serious thoughts and processes have begun now regarding visas and becoming a US resident, and starting a new life with a wonderful girl who, to this day, still amazes and delights me.

The Love Shack on Counterparts is still there, as are the posts in other threads in which NPG and I first interacted. A funny little exchange about spelling mistakes. Now we continue in The Lurve Shack here on TRF.

We love each other....immensely. It makes me glad. I'm so lucky.

Happy Valentine's Day TJ. I love you.
rose.gif

Oh pumpkin. heart.gif

I couldn't have written a better synopsis except to say that you are an amazing man who changed my life simply because you said 'I love you.'

I will cherish you always. wub.gif

After experiencing a near fatal heroin overdose and waking up in a hospital, I decided it was finally time to clean up and go through detox. It was a long and difficult journey, going through physical agony at times. Withdrawal was excruciating. Worst time of my life. Wishing I would just go ahead and die so I wouldn't have to go through this any more. In the process, my "sponser" was kind enough to take me into his home when I had no other place to go, no job and questionable judgement. While there, I was introduced to his sister. There was an immediate mutual attraction, but I was strictly off limits to her, I was an accident waiting to happen and she knew it. Over the course of time, she became my biggest reason for staying clean. I knew if I could, I stood a chance with her. But it would be a long process. Eventually, after I put the pieces of my life back together, was gainfully employed and beginning to experience some success, she agreed to go out on a date with me. I knew within the first 5 minutes of that date that this was the woman I absolutely wanted to spend the rest of my life with. After courting her for a year, staying clean and sober and continuing to experience some moderate career success, she agreed to marry me. And the rest is history.

Oh yeah, everything above is total bullsh*t. Some friends introduced us.

ducks for cover

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 14 2005, 08:59 PM)
I've not got an SO right now...but if things keep going the way they are right now, I'll be able to post in this thread next year.

You and Dweezil seem to be hitting it off quite nicely lately!!! AlienSmiley.gif

Chat Room Alert... Chat Room Alert yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cat.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 14 2005, 07:06 PM)
I've not got an SO right now...but if things keep going the way they are right now, I'll be able to post in this thread next year.

You and Dweezil seem to be hitting it off quite nicely lately!!! AlienSmiley.gif

Are you on crack?

wacko.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 14 2005, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 14 2005, 07:06 PM)

Are you on crack?

wacko.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I don't have an official S.O. yet, but someday, I hope he becomes my better half, and one that makes me whole. I was still married when I met him, and wanting out for the last 2 years. One day, boredom and curiosity got the best of me, and I went into a chat room, I had never been in one before. I got inundated with tonnes of pm's, and his was the only one I answered. I liked his hairstyle, and he was just like a man I had dreamt about when I was 17. Exactly. We hit it off, and have talked almost every day since. That was July 3, at about 4 pm. biggrin.gif We even have the same birthdate. He is so caring, sweet and wonderful. He loves children and I think he loves me. If I go by how he looks at me, then I can totally see it. But, just like me, he has some things to work on, and I am willing to go thru them with him. He was the one I was going to see in T.O. in January, and sadly, it didnt work out. Maybe in July tho... Happy Valentines day, everyone!! wub.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 14 2005, 07:23 PM)
I'm single again biggrin.gif

Thank You God!

Me too, though I don't thank god. I still seek my princess....only time will tell as to who it might be.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 15 2005, 02:14 AM)

Thank You God!

Me too, though I don't thank god. I still seek my princess....only time will tell as to who it might be.

Ricky, you deserve a queen!!!! Such a wonderful person you are!!!! I hope that she comes along quite soon for you! rose.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Feb 15 2005, 02:37 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 15 2005, 02:14 AM)

Thank You God!

Ricky, you deserve a queen!!!! Such a wonderful person you are!!!! I hope that she comes along quite soon for you! rose.gif

Thanks sweetie rose.gif

Archived