How did you meet your SO?

Sodoff Baldrick

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 15 2005, 06:46 PM)
About six years ago, I split up with the girl I was living with in Stoke-on-Trent (less said about her the better) and decided to move back home to mansfield. Six months after arriving back, desperate for a job, I started work at our local McDonalds to quickly find that the majority of the staff there took an instant dislike to me (too weird for them - Rock fan and hated soap operas).

The only person who seemed to make an effort to get to know me was a young, blonde haired girl called Jess. Before long, the two of us had struck up a decent friendship. Not much longer after that, I found myself, when on the night shift, watching her as she worked out on the dining area. It was then that I realised that I felt something more than simple freindship towards her. The only snag was that she had recently become engaged to one of the managers there.

Anyway, we were on a Sunday shift together when she mentioned that Dave, her fiancee, was going out with his friends the coming Thursday and did I fancy coming out for a drink with her and her cousin. After visiting a few pubs, they persuaded me to go on to a nightclub with them and, before we'd been in the place 30 minutes, her cousin had disappeared. The two of us, not being keen on the music being played, found a quiet corner and just sat talking until about 1pm when she decided she'd had enough so I offered to walk her home (look, there were NO ulterior motives - I was just being friendly).

Anyway, after the weekend, I returned to work to find that she had broken off the engagement. About two weeks later we became a couple. About two weeks after that she was practically living at my flat. About 18 months after that, out son James was born. 19 months later, our daughter Mary was born. 13 months after that, we wwere married.

And that's my story.

And didn't Dave become a complete pain in the arse for the first 2 weeks after I left him? Every time Slaine and I arranged to go out Dave would be there. I began to think we'd never get any time alone....

Archived