the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 28 2009, 05:23 PM)
Lynyrd Skynyrd released their first single from their new album God and guns. And it sounds amazing. Doeasn't sound like southern rock but sound like hard rock. This album is gonna be way better then snakes and arrows.

First of all, Lynyrd Skynyrd haven't existed since 1977, and secondly, wrong. smile.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 28 2009, 05:39 PM)
Lynyrd Skynyrd released their first single from their new album God and guns. And it sounds amazing. Doeasn't sound like southern rock but sound like hard rock. This album is gonna be way better then snakes and arrows.

First of all, Lynyrd Skynyrd haven't existed since 1977, and secondly, wrong. smile.gif

Are you serious. Lynyrd skynyrd reunited in 1987 for a tribute tour. The lead singer's brother took over at lead vocals and they been together ever since then. If you don't believe me go to lynyrdskynyrd.com

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Jul 28 2009, 05:56 PM)

Are you serious. Lynyrd skynyrd reunited in 1987 for a tribute tour. The lead singer's brother took over at lead vocals and they been together ever since then. If you don't believe me go to lynyrdskynyrd.com

Let's say Geddy Lee died 10 years ago, and Rush were talking about a reunion right about now.

On vocals would be Geddy's brother. Would you still call that Rush?

I think that's Xanydew's point.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 28 2009, 08:04 PM)

Let's say Geddy Lee died 10 years ago, and Rush were talking about a reunion right about now.

Well, no one can come close to sounding like Geddy. But the lead singer of skynyrd sounds pretty close to his brother when singing. Also if that's what he meant then oops.gif I though he didn't know their still together.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jul 28 2009, 07:04 PM)

I don't think we even need a hypothetical. Take a look at Queen. Is any one really buying them as Queen anymore?

skynyrd became a cover band after the plane crash. still good live but thats about it. skynyrd used to have enlightened lyrics........

one of my all time favorite bands. RIP ronnie and everyone else. time is taking its toll.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 29 2009, 01:21 PM)
David Bowie's "Life On Mars" is musical perfection.

I find a lot of his material is over-rated but not Life on Mars, yes its perfection, along with Sound and Vision, Starman, Ziggy and a few others I can't think of right now.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 29 2009, 03:18 AM)

I find a lot of his material is over-rated but not Life on Mars, yes its perfection, along with Sound and Vision, Starman, Ziggy and a few others I can't think of right now.

I find Bowie's successes are usually tied with who he is collaborating with at the time. I think he's overrated, but his best stuff is underrated. Does that make sense? confused13.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 29 2009, 04:06 PM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 29 2009, 03:18 AM)

I find Bowie's successes are usually tied with who he is collaborating with at the time. I think he's overrated, but his best stuff is underrated. Does that make sense? confused13.gif

His work with Ronson was his best in my opinion. I loved Tin Machine but you can't really call that just Bowie.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Jul 29 2009, 04:27 PM)
I hearby retract every bad jibe I've said about Pat Benatar during the last 20 odd years, I finally get it.  Although many still wont and thats cool as well laugh.gif

When she went into Jazz during the 90's I was concerned I

Lost my favorite little rocker.

the album "True Love" from the 90's is good too, just not my type of Rock.

But She has reverted back to her roots,

Sexy Little Chick Rocker With Whole Lot of Attitude ! !

We saw her 2 nights ago with Blondie,

Both these women still have EXCELLENT Voice's

I have seen Pat so many time's I have lost count

2 time's before was in Vegas, In the Mandalay Bay Pool ! !

---My "Random Music Thought" today was the amount of

---Rock groups from the 75' - 85' Era that are still together & Touring

---Some even producing more music....

Who would have ever thought the longevity of these era Rockers would last ?

I don't see what's so great about Tha Carter III. This was my second listen, and I kept wanting to change the album. I don't mind the language, but it almost seems "dumb" in some spots. I'll give it another listen in a few weeks, but for now this is what I think of it. I definitely prefer Lupe Fiasco's the Cool.