Rotterdamn DVD Release date...

Phantom

I just read that the release date for Rotterdam is Nov 4. Extra's to include the 4 songs that were added to the second leg of the tour ( filmed in HD in Atlanta ), as well as Neil's drum Solo from this leg.

Hope that's the case. If so... can't wait for it !

653.gif

yeah, there's a write up about it on another blog. Neil's new drum solo is on it, and hopefully, more stuff to.

Can't wait to see the footage from Atlanta. I heard they were on fire there !

Rotterdamn?!

laugh.gif

It's obviously the intention to include those extra songs as bonuses but let's not get too excited until there's a press release confirming the contents of the dvd. Apparently the background video for The Trees was all screwed up and there was a horrible trainwreck in Red Barchetta. They can probably edit and patch their way around that but I'm sure the band is going to be fairly picky about what they actually use. I agree though that it is likely that they'll all be on there which is great. Hell, I'd gladly pay more for an uber-deluxe dvd that has all of both shows.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jul 27 2008, 03:45 PM)
Rotterdamn?!

laugh.gif

It's obviously the intention to include those extra songs as bonuses but let's not get too excited until there's a press release confirming the contents of the dvd. Apparently the background video for The Trees was all screwed up and there was a horrible trainwreck in Red Barchetta. They can probably edit and patch their way around that but I'm sure the band is going to be fairly picky about what they actually use. I agree though that it is likely that they'll all be on there which is great. Hell, I'd gladly pay more for an uber-deluxe dvd that has all of both shows.

I don't remember a trainwreck in Red Barchetta. confused13.gif This is the first I've heard of such???? I wasn't really paying too much attention to the video of "The Trees", so that I wouldn't have noticed unless the screen went black or something.

*Edited for typo

Well, I wasn't there and I hope it's not true but I've read that on multiple sites and also heard the same thing from a friend who was at the show. This is from the Atlanta thread on RIAB:

What a great show! Much better than opening night in Atlanta. The sound at this new venue was fantastic! However, the middle of Red Barchetta sounded like a train wreck and Alex lost his volume level at another point in the show.

It's mentioned by other people there but I don't have time to go through all the comments to look for them.

Then, people were talking about the show on the Counterparts forum and someone said (about The Trees):

They butchered the video of the 2nd replacement song (is it still a spoiler with only one show left?) - ran a bit of it at the beginning of the song and then ran it in full where it was supposed to be in the bridge section.

So I asked:

Maybe it's my fault but this is not really clear to me. Do you mean the rearscreen video was out of sync with the song? I'm just a little confused because someone over at RIAB claims that there was a trainwreck in the actual playing of one of those four "second leg" songs (you're right, since the tour is over tonight can't we list things by name now?). I hope the music itself wasn't screwed up since apparently the whole point was to record those songs new to this leg for the dvd.

And he responded:

Yes, it was the rear screen vid. Now that you mention it, Lerxst was waaaay early in a section of one song, and it may have been replacement #3. Neil also was off (late) on some crash hits on a couple songs.

It's funny, a lot of people are raving about Atlanta, yet I thought it had the most mistakes out of the too many shows I saw (both in '07 & '08) this tour. The guy I was next to said the same thing - he'd been to a lot of shows as well.

I haven't seen videos on youtube of either of these songs but it seems pretty obvious there were screw ups.

↑↑↑↑↑ Thanks. I went looking and did see where Neil apparently missed the crash here and there. As I said, I didn't pay too much attention to the video, so I can't really comment on it. Looks like there were major issues, though.

QUOTE (grand phil-nale @ Jul 27 2008, 08:45 PM)
They also filmed the show in Toronto. They could get a little from both shows. Neil's solo in Atlanta was awesome -- that needs to be on there. 2112 was awesome as well.

Not only that but they filmed Toronto in IMAX! biggrin.gif

It's unfortunate to hear about the Atlanta challenges. Hope it doesn't delay the release of Rotterdam.

I was at the TO show, and saw the IMAX/HD/3D camera's filming parts of the second set. ( I've heard the camera's refered to as any one of the above ).

It would be cool if anything from the TO concert could be used. The show was amazing....

i love when people talk about 2.gif show's and use the word's train wreck . i have seen it used on this forum also . go see amy winehouse, that's a f-n train wreck

i love when people talk about  show's and use the word's train wreck . i have seen it used on this forum also . go see amy winehouse, that's a f-n train wreck

laugh.gif I agree, it's all relative. It just shows how well they normally play that when something does go wrong it really sticks out. Trainwreck doesn't even do Winehouse justice, she's more like the crashing of two continental shelves together.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jul 28 2008, 11:16 AM)
i love when people talk about  show's and use the word's train wreck . i have seen it used on this forum also . go see amy winehouse, that's a f-n train wreck

laugh.gif I agree, it's all relative. It just shows how well they normally play that when something does go wrong it really sticks out. Trainwreck doesn't even do Winehouse justice, she's more like the crashing of two continental shelves together.

I don't remember a tainwreck during Red Barchetta. It couldn't have been no more than a missed note or something. Could it be possible that the alternate arrangement after the guitar solo threw some people off?

I don't remember a tainwreck during Red Barchetta. It couldn't have been no more than a missed note or something. Could it be possible that the alternate arrangement after the guitar solo threw some people off?

I hope so.

Wasn't R30 or Rush in Rio, filmed with Hi Def cameras? I forgot which one of the two were...although I thought it was R30, because I remember seeing it on the channel INHD, of course broadcast in hi def. Anyway, does anyone think that the Rotterdam show will also be a Blu Ray release...and possibly rerelease the R30 in that format as well?? Perhaps now with all their off time following the tour, we may finally see that Vapor Trails remaster!!

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 28 2008, 11:51 AM)
Good point.. Train wreck seems extreme.

I motion that from this point forward, we refer to Rush's error's as

- Mishaps
- Fender Benders
- hiccups

Works for me

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I also just watched a couple of videos of The Trees from this tour on Youtube, and the rearscreen seemed the same at the Atlanta show. I only went to the Atlanta show on this leg. So I could be missing something.

Wasn't R30 or Rush in Rio, filmed with Hi Def cameras? I forgot which one of the two were...although I thought it was R30, because I remember seeing it on the channel INHD, of course broadcast in hi def. Anyway, does anyone think that the Rotterdam show will also be a Blu Ray release...and possibly rerelease the R30 in that format as well??

R30 was filmed in HD, Rio wasn't. I think it's likely that R30 will be rereleased on Bluray at some point and I sure hope they include all the missing songs from it. I'm sure the new one will be available on Bluray it's just a matter of whether they release the Bluray and regular dvds at the same time or if the Bluray comes out later (or maybe it will only be on Bluray but I doubt it). It wouldn't make any sense for them to spend the extra money on a high definition shoot unless they were going to use it.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jul 28 2008, 01:00 PM)
Wasn't R30 or Rush in Rio, filmed with Hi Def cameras? I forgot which one of the two were...although I thought it was R30, because I remember seeing it on the channel INHD, of course broadcast in hi def. Anyway, does anyone think that the Rotterdam show will also be a Blu Ray release...and possibly rerelease the R30 in that format as well??

R30 was filmed in HD, Rio wasn't. I think it's likely that R30 will be rereleased on Bluray at some point and I sure hope they include all the missing songs from it. I'm sure the new one will be available on Bluray it's just a matter of whether they release the Bluray and regular dvds at the same time or if the Bluray comes out later (or maybe it will only be on Bluray but I doubt it). It wouldn't make any sense for them to spend the extra money on a high definition shoot unless they were going to use it.

Blu-Ray releases of both R30 and Snakes & Arrows Live are a must especially now that Blu-Ray is and will be the only HD format. This Christmas season I believe there will be an increase of Blu-Ray releases.

R30 Blu-Ray is the perfect opportunity to issue the 8 cut songs.

Archived