Rotterdamn DVD Release date...

Phantom

Nov. 4 is a good date for me. Now, if it gets pushed back past Black Friday, my wife may make me wait till Christmas to see this beauty like she did with R30. Ah screw it, I just won't tell her about it & get it immediately! wink.gif

QUOTE (tst4eko @ Aug 4 2008, 06:28 PM)
Nov. 4 is a good date for me. Now, if it gets pushed back past Black Friday, my wife may make me wait till Christmas to see this beauty like she did with R30. Ah screw it, I just won't tell her about it & get it immediately! wink.gif

I was wondering if I will have that problem too. My mother may say, wait and get it for Christmas. No way, I must see it today!

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Aug 4 2008, 07:39 PM)
Nov. 4 is a good date for me.  Now, if it gets pushed back past Black Friday, my wife may make me wait till Christmas to see this beauty like she did with R30.  Ah screw it, I just won't tell her about it & get it immediately!  wink.gif

I was wondering if I will have that problem too. My mother may say, wait and get it for Christmas. No way, I must see it today!

Women just don't understand no.gif

QUOTE (angel in my armor @ Aug 3 2008, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 28 2008, 11:51 AM)
Good point.. Train wreck seems extreme.

I motion that from this point forward, we refer to Rush's error's as

- Mishaps
- Fender Benders
- hiccups

Works for me

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Brain Farts......Everybody has em!!,even the three musketeers!! trink39.gif

"Train wreck" is the term Rush actually uses themselves for mistakes. In one of the recent Rush books released (I forget which one), they use that term to describe when at the end of a song, they kind of extend the ending and each try to get the other two to mess up. I've heard it in some bootlegs (and maybe some official live releases, too) and I've witnessed it live myself. Geddy and Alex usually get right up in front of Neil and each try to get the other two to "leap off the cliff" first. It usually winds up being kind of a choppy, syncopated finish to the song as they all try to keep up with each other -- not very smooth or perfectly rhythmic -- but it sure is funny!

I have also noticed that on one of the tours, maybe starting with TFE and ending with R30, during these "train wreck" endings, Neil always wanted to play "last". Everything would wind down and stop, and he would put in one last hit on a drum or cymbal, kind of like a period at the end of a sentence. I'd have to go back through DS, RiR, R30 and all my bootlegs from TFE to R30 to be sure what tour it happened on. What a task, but it may be an excellent excuse to listen to even more Rush!

So to summarize (and I bet you all wish I'd done that sooner), Rush tries to have train wrecks at the end of some songs!

QUOTE (Phantom @ Jul 27 2008, 02:32 PM)
I just read that the release date for Rotterdam is Nov 4. Extra's to include the 4 songs that were added to the second leg of the tour ( filmed in HD in Atlanta ), as well as Neil's drum Solo from this leg.

Hope that's the case. If so... can't wait for it !

653.gif

I may be alone, but I prefer Neil's solo this leg a LOT more than his one the 1st leg. Especially that quiet part in the middle. Awesome, I can't wait!!

This might be off-topic, but I've always heard that they had shot footage of the T4E tour and that they were sitting on it. If this were true, might some of that make it onto the live S&A DVD as part of the extras?

QUOTE (Cobra611 @ Jul 28 2008, 07:11 PM)
Wasn't R30 or Rush in Rio, filmed with Hi Def cameras? I forgot which one of the two were...although I thought it was R30, because I remember seeing it on the channel INHD, of course broadcast in hi def. Anyway, does anyone think that the Rotterdam show will also be a Blu Ray release...and possibly rerelease the R30 in that format as well?? Perhaps now with all their off time following the tour, we may finally see that Vapor Trails remaster!!

You think that remastering Vapor Trails will suddenly change it into a good album?

If they release that, that would be the only official Rush CD/DVD/Album, I'd skip. Don't need two versions of that crap.

well, same if they would do the same with T4E. Just as bad.

My challenge with Vapor Trails wasn't the songs themselves, as much as the mix.

Though VT is far from my favorite album, I think it would benefit from a re-mix, so that it could be heard much more " clearly ".

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Aug 7 2008, 11:25 AM)
This might be off-topic, but I've always heard that they had shot footage of the T4E tour and that they were sitting on it. If this were true, might some of that make it onto the live S&A DVD as part of the extras?

Doubt it. That footage has major problems with audio/video sync. Back when it was shot, the cost to repair was around $150,000. Not sure if that would be more or less today. That's also why there is only the video of Closer To The Heart available from that tour. They could intermix video from their past in with the TFE footage & make that song work but not an entire show.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Aug 6 2008, 07:15 AM)
QUOTE (rushringleader @ Aug 4 2008, 07:39 PM)
Nov. 4 is a good date for me.  Now, if it gets pushed back past Black Friday, my wife may make me wait till Christmas to see this beauty like she did with R30.  Ah screw it, I just won't tell her about it & get it immediately!  wink.gif

Women just don't understand no.gif

And my mom is a Rush Fan to boot!!!

I'll believe your statement when I actually see it. If you're right...KUDOS! If you're wrong, we're just going to have to take you out back & pistol whip you! "YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! HUBBA, HUBBA! WHOA!

QUOTE (Cobra611 @ Jul 28 2008, 12:11 PM)
Wasn't R30 or Rush in Rio, filmed with Hi Def cameras? I forgot which one of the two were...although I thought it was R30, because I remember seeing it on the channel INHD, of course broadcast in hi def. Anyway, does anyone think that the Rotterdam show will also be a Blu Ray release...and possibly rerelease the R30 in that format as well?? Perhaps now with all their off time following the tour, we may finally see that Vapor Trails remaster!!

I would seriously doubt them releasing anything but Blu Ray format for the new one. Also, I would buy anything they re-release in blu-ray format. I thought R30 was shot in Hi-Def as well as R30. I've been wrong before... unsure.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Aug 15 2008, 07:08 AM)
QUOTE (Cobra611 @ Jul 28 2008, 12:11 PM)

I would seriously doubt them releasing anything but Blu Ray format for the new one. Also, I would buy anything they re-release in blu-ray format. I thought R30 was shot in Hi-Def as well as R30. I've been wrong before... unsure.gif

You mean in addition to the standard DVD, right? I don't think standard DVD is dead YET... I mean I hope not, I can't afford to go out and buy a blue ray player and a new TV right now.

Archived