Anheuser-Busch being sold...

JimboGames

IRONY

When you got ot Busch Gardens and need to "take a natural break" they have "quizzes" (I love quotes) above the urinals. Most of the quizzes are there to kick Miller's ass for being owned by a South African company while Bud is 100% American. I guess they'll be taking those down now. It's funny how a country that you would think knows a thing or two about brews would buy a bunch of watered down lager....

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2008, 09:02 PM)
IRONY

When you got ot Busch Gardens and need to "take a natural break" they have "quizzes" (I love quotes) above the urinals. Most of the quizzes are there to kick Miller's ass for being owned by a South African company while Bud is 100% American. I guess they'll be taking those down now. It's funny how a country that you would think knows a thing or two about brews would buy a bunch of watered down lager....

You got that right. Watered down crap. Buttwiper 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2008, 08:02 PM)
IRONY

It does open up huge distribution channels, anyway. I imagine they'll leave the domestic brewing alone and take full advantage of the new distribution opportunities.

If this officially goes through, you will see riots in St. Louis that make all other riots look like kiddy fights.

I honestly can't believe this could really happen. But I guess when $40 Billion is offered who could pass that up.

America doesn't own America any longer. What a shame. Thank the GOV.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 21 2008, 09:24 PM)
If this officially goes through, you will see riots in St. Louis that make all other riots look like kiddy fights.
I honestly can't believe this could really happen. But I guess when $40 Billion is offered who could pass that up.

No, thank A-B who went PUBLIC. If one does not own more than 50% of one's own stock one always runs the risk of this happening.

Its hard to believe such a wildly popular brand could lose ownership of itself but...

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 17 2008, 09:29 PM)
IRONY

When you got ot Busch Gardens and need to "take a natural break" they have "quizzes" (I love quotes) above the urinals.  Most of the quizzes are there to kick Miller's ass for being owned by a South African company while Bud is 100% American.  I guess they'll be taking those down now.  It's funny how a country that you would think knows a thing or two about brews would buy a bunch of watered down lager....

It does open up huge distribution channels, anyway. I imagine they'll leave the domestic brewing alone and take full advantage of the new distribution opportunities.

yes.gif

Theyre buying A-B because its proftable not because its a dog. The products and brand will stay I think.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 21 2008, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 17 2008, 09:29 PM)
IRONY

When you got ot Busch Gardens and need to "take a natural break" they have "quizzes" (I love quotes) above the urinals.  Most of the quizzes are there to kick Miller's ass for being owned by a South African company while Bud is 100% American.  I guess they'll be taking those down now.  It's funny how a country that you would think knows a thing or two about brews would buy a bunch of watered down lager....

yes.gif

Theyre buying A-B because its proftable not because its a dog. The products and brand will stay I think.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 21 2008, 06:42 PM)
Theyre buying A-B because its proftable not because its a dog.  The products and brand will stay I think.

Absolutely. AB is one of the largest and most profitable companies on the planet. From what I've heard, all their products will remain intact.

Edited by launchpad67a

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 21 2008, 10:51 PM)
Theyre buying A-B because its proftable not because its a dog.  The products and brand will stay I think.

Absolutely. AB is one of the largest and most profitable companies on the planet. From what I've heard, all their products will remain intact.

Makes sense to me. Also means they probably wont want to mess with the brewing process either...

Lots of poeple put Bud products down, but the fact is, its a very popular brand.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jul 21 2008, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 21 2008, 10:51 PM)

Makes sense to me. Also means they probably wont want to mess with the brewing process either...

Lots of poeple put Bud products down, but the fact is, its a very popular brand.

yes.gif In Europe it's looked upon as a fine wine

We've got a buttwiper plant in Colorado and supposedly no one will lose their jobs. Coors has done the same thing with Molson.

In this economy we will see a lot more of this in order for companies to survive...just look at the airline industry

I live near said Buttwiper plant in Colorado. While those are safe, it is the bottle and can plants in nearby Windsor that are kind of wondering what will happen.

There are a lot of folks near me that work in some capacity to A-B.

heineken rule's trink39.gif

QUOTE (ozzy85 @ Jul 24 2008, 12:04 PM)
They can have our cheap-ass rice beer. I drink beer that looks like used motor oil.

yummmm Guinness. trink38.gif

I can't drink Bud...it gives me wicked headaches and gas. laugh.gif

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Jul 24 2008, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jul 24 2008, 10:35 AM)

I can't drink Bud...it gives me wicked headaches and gas.  laugh.gif

You too! Same here!

Never mind a case of the shits to go with it also.

QUOTE (theanalogkid @ Jul 24 2008, 07:37 AM)
I live near said Buttwiper plant in Colorado. While those are safe, it is the bottle and can plants in nearby Windsor that are kind of wondering what will happen.

There are a lot of folks near me that work in some capacity to A-B.

That bottling plant is new...hopefully it will continue to produce bottles

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jul 21 2008, 08:24 PM)

there have been no riots as of yet.... lol