Mama Mia

I have a feeling my wife will want me to see this with her. I haven't seen the broadway show and I know nothing about it.

I was thinking that a Rush musical might be better. Who would see 'Limelight, The Musical based on Rush songs'?

Anyone going to see this?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyone going to see this?

I'd rather be towel-boy in a Turkish prison.

I'd go see the play, but the movie doesn't appeal to me.

Hey, I like ABBA. They were my first favorite band (when I was 9 yrs old). biggrin.gif

Now that Mama Mia song is going through my head! banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif I'm gonna have to get it out with a bullet!

I'd see Mama Mia if I were in the right mood...like, FORCED! j/k

I like theater and musicals just fine. But that one doesn't interest me.

btw, is there a Queen musical? If there isn't, there should be. Not that I'd see that either BUT it seems some of their music would be PERFECT for it

Recently, some women in my town were doing aerobics to the soundtrack of Tommy. How's that for kicks? tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 17 2008, 11:27 AM)
btw, is there a Queen musical? If there isn't, there should be. Not that I'd see that either BUT it seems some of their music would be PERFECT for it

Yes, it's called We Will Rock You & I know it was in Toronto for a bit, I'm not sure where else though. smile.gif

I really wanted to see the musical; I dunno the movie just doesn't seem as appealing to me either. Love ABBA though.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 17 2008, 10:27 AM)
Now that Mama Mia song is going through my head! banghead.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif I'm gonna have to get it out with a bullet!

Actually the mention of that always gets Bohemian Rhapsody going through my head. I certainly don't mind that. So give that a shot if you're still stuck.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 17 2008, 12:47 PM)
Whoever put this up against the dark knight is an idiot.

Why? Seeing as how everyone in this thread is saying, "OMFG WTF NO WAY I WOULD NEVER SEE MAMMA MIA ARE YOU CRAZY? I'm going to see Dark Knight!" I'd say that there are two vastly different audiences for these films. The people who wouldn't see Dark Knight on a bet will see Mamma Mia.

Edited by edgyspice

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jul 17 2008, 03:45 PM)

Why? Seeing as how everyone in this thread is saying, "OMFG WTF NO WAY I WOULD NEVER SEE MAMMA MIA ARE YOU CRAZY? I'm going to see Dark Knight!" I'd say that there are two vastly different audiences for these films. The people who wouldn't see Dark Knight on a bet will see Mamma Mia.

It will make money no doubt. It would just be much more successful opening another weekend. Dark Knight tickets are selling so well that 3:00 and 6:00 shows are selling out. The hype for it is incredible. I have a lot of friends who are planning on seeing both. It certainly will not bomb, but I don't think it will make as much money as it could have opening another weekend.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 17 2008, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jul 17 2008, 03:45 PM)

It will make money no doubt. It would just be much more successful opening another weekend. Dark Knight tickets are selling so well that 3:00 and 6:00 shows are selling out. The hype for it is incredible. I have a lot of friends who are planning on seeing both. It certainly will not bomb, but I don't think it will make as much money as it could have opening another weekend.

Release date scheduling is a complicated business. I doubt the studio's first choice would have been to put it against a massively hyped picture like Dark Knight, but it might have been the only reasonable option in a crowded summer blockbuster season. They'd probably rather put it against something that seems like the exact opposite of their offering instead of another film that's more family- or female-skewing, because those would be even more likely to steal potential ticket sales.

And yes, I realize that I'm speaking in terms of stereotypes, but that's how films are marketed. Unfortunately.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Jul 17 2008, 01:29 PM)
Now that Mama Mia song is going through my head!  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif I'm gonna have to get it out with a bullet!

rofl3.gif

ahhh go less gay and more talent with Mamma Mia Mamma Mia let me go...Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me for me

for meeeeeeeee!

QUOTE (Plus_ca_change @ Jul 17 2008, 08:33 PM)
Now that Mama Mia song is going through my head!  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif I'm gonna have to get it out with a bullet!

rofl3.gif

ahhh go less gay and more talent with Mamma Mia Mamma Mia let me go...Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me for me

for meeeeeeeee!

Queen is "less gay?"

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jul 17 2008, 11:17 PM)

rofl3.gif

for meeeeeeeee!

Queen is "less gay?"

I'd have to say Queen is a lot less gay than ABBA, even though Freddie was flaming enough to light a fireplace from across the room.

QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin' @ Jul 18 2008, 03:42 AM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jul 17 2008, 11:17 PM)

rofl3.gif

for meeeeeeeee!

Queen is "less gay?"

I'd have to say Queen is a lot less gay than ABBA, even though Freddie was flaming enough to light a fireplace from across the room.

without a doubt, but there's the irony

you've got pop music's ABBA, and Queen. When I went to high school and as a young adult, the guys I hung with didn't play ABBA in the car...but they DID play Queen

go figure

confused13.gif

I'll take ABBA's "Mamma Mia" over Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" anyday. I absolutely can't stand Bohemian Rhapsody.

I entertained the idea of going to see it (because I like ABBA)... but if I want ABBA, I think I'll just listen to "Gold" or watch an ABBA documentary I have. Forget the film.