Alex Lifeson to sell Toronto home

WCFIELDS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, now, some of that would be Charlene's taste, wouldn't it?

I thought the kitchen looked nice. Tasteful green curtains and all.

Then again, maybe they've already moved and had some decorator put stuff in it for the open house, and borrowed the Juno awards for authenticiy..maybe.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 19 2008, 05:53 PM)
Rosedalians out walking the schnauzer this week were stopped in their tracks by the sight of real-estate agents playing air guitar in front of 18 Chestnut Park Rd.

The house is the residence of Alex Zivojinovic, a.k.a. Alex Lifeson, lead guitarist of the legendary Canadian prog-rock band Rush.

I know this is nitpicky, but it drives me crazy when press refer to Alex as "the lead guitarist for the band Rush".

As opposed to what? Their rhythm guitarist? confused13.gif

Actually that is the basic asking price for houses in Rosedale. It is the most expensive area to live in Toronto.

Hahaha... YYZ, I know how you feel. I have walked by his house a few times, going to see my friends who live on the same street. Finally the big secret is out! tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 21 2008, 03:08 AM)
I thought the kitchen looked nice. Tasteful green curtains and all.

Then again, maybe they've already moved and had some decorator put stuff in it for the open house, and borrowed the Juno awards for authenticiy..maybe.

Sorry, but their taste is pretty awful.

I'm not boasting, but my house is almost the same size (though it didn't cost anywhere near that amount!) and is an early victorian former manse.

It looks like they have striven for a more period look but have got it completely wrong.

The hallway, bathroom and kittchen are ok at a stretch, but the lounge areas are unforgiveable.

I am a great fan of georgian and Victorian styles, but they are way off the beam here

It all just comes across as tasteless and chintzy I'm afraid

that's a busy interior, but the price isn't out of line at all. As mentioned, Rosedale is one of TO's most expensive hoods, and there are places that go for way more than that. But yeah... there is an elevated rail line about 200m from his backyard. However, it is an awesome location.

My girlfriend lives a few blocks away, so maybe we'll do a walk-by. LOL

FWIW, a friend of mine bought Alex's old house, the pink palace, up at Stouffville Rd and Bayview Ave., when Alex moved back into the city. The pink place is pretty sumtuous and has a HUGE wine cellar. My buddy bought it for $2 million when it was listed at $3.5.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 21 2008, 01:47 AM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 21 2008, 03:08 AM)
I thought the kitchen looked nice.  Tasteful green curtains and all.

Sorry, but their taste is pretty awful.

I'm not boasting, but my house is almost the same size (though it didn't cost anywhere near that amount!) and is an early victorian former manse.

It looks like they have striven for a more period look but have got it completely wrong.

The hallway, bathroom and kittchen are ok at a stretch, but the lounge areas are unforgiveable.

I am a great fan of georgian and Victorian styles, but they are way off the beam here

It all just comes across as tasteless and chintzy I'm afraid

Wonder if it's gotten back to Alex that TRF members are pounding on his (and Charlene's) taste in decor? tongue.gif

That purple chair in the lounge, on the b/w rug, looks well-worn. Must be comfy.

And, this isn't the first time I've seen this type of thing - it's pretty common for those with high $$$ bathrooms - but I don't "get" the velvet-upholstered chair in there. What, do people actually plop their wet butts down on a velvet chair when they get out of the shower? And don't tell me it's a female thing - I AM female. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 20 2008, 03:59 PM)
Here you go

select Toronto and put in price of $5699000

http://www.chestnutpark.com/chestmasterfra...ropsearch&cat=0

Nice house, but overpriced, and their taste in decor is pretty poor indeed

Ok, I did it, I peeked but I don't think that's his house... I mean, there's a crib in that one room... the one with the wicked cool zebra rug and purple chair.

Obviously some people here need glasses. His house is very nicely decorated. Then again I'm from an Italian-background, close to Alex's background, so maybe I see things the way he does. The only thing that stood out negatively for me is the zebra print.

His house is located in a great part of the city. Close to downtown yet a gigantic park system close by. I grew up sort of near there, but on the 'other side of the tracks' so to speak. As far as posh Toronto neighbourhoods go that have amenities nearby, it's probably the nicest. I'd live there (assuming I won the lottery) before picking The Bridle Path/Post Rd. area (Prince's home is in there somewhere). I think only Forest Hill could compete for overall livability.

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 21 2008, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 20 2008, 03:59 PM)
Here you go

select Toronto and put in price  of $5699000

http://www.chestnutpark.com/chestmasterfra...ropsearch&cat=0

Nice house, but overpriced, and their taste in decor is pretty poor indeed

Ok, I did it, I peeked but I don't think that's his house... I mean, there's a crib in that one room... the one with the wicked cool zebra rug and purple chair.

The article mentioned that the sons live there too, unless I misunderstood. I know Justin has at least one young child.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 21 2008, 02:55 PM)
I'd rather it be busy looking and more homey like that than sterilized stainless steel everywhere that people seem to love wacko.gif

So would I. yes.gif

It's just that they have striven for a certain look and got it wrong (IMO).

If you are going to try and get a lot of furniture in one room (which the Victorians did indeed do) then it has to be done much more artfully.

the Georgian style I think would suit that house better as it is much more "classically" orientated and would suit the large spaces that this house has.

Still, if it's what they like, then what the hell?

Just my opinion, no need to shoot me tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Apr 21 2008, 10:20 AM)
Obviously some people here need glasses. His house is very nicely decorated. Then again I'm from an Italian-background, close to Alex's background, so maybe I see things the way he does. The only thing that stood out negatively for me is the zebra print.

His house is located in a great part of the city. Close to downtown yet a gigantic park system close by. I grew up sort of near there, but on the 'other side of the tracks' so to speak. As far as posh Toronto neighbourhoods go that have amenities nearby, it's probably the nicest. I'd live there (assuming I won the lottery) before picking The Bridle Path/Post Rd. area (Prince's home is in there somewhere). I think only Forest Hill could compete for overall livability.

I didnt find the decorating too terrible either, maybe not my first choice but then again I am of a Slovak background as well. laugh.gif Maybe they had to keep it that way, some of those houses are really old and a few are actually landmarks and you cant change the decoration scheme on them, which kinda sucks. Ya, Prince lives a little further up the street near Eglinton. I wonder where they are moving to now.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Apr 21 2008, 02:21 PM)
Wonder if it's gotten back to Alex that TRF members are pounding on his (and Charlene's) taste in decor? tongue.gif

laugh.gif

I couldn't give a monkeys if it has (though I think it's unlikely)

Just because I like their music doesn't mean i have to approve their taste in interior design no.gif

I'm sure he's reeaally bothered about what I think though wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 21 2008, 10:51 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Apr 21 2008, 02:21 PM)

laugh.gif

I couldn't give a monkeys if it has (though I think it's unlikely)

Just because I like their music doesn't mean i have to approve their taste in interior design no.gif

I'm sure he's reeaally bothered about what I think though wink.gif

Yeah, don't you know this is the first place he'll send Charlene for advice on how to furnish and decorate their next home! wacko.gif

Be funny if he did, though. The results would be worse than what's in the current home.

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Apr 19 2008, 08:23 PM)
OK

That didn't work...do a google maps for

18 Chestnut Park Rd Toronto canada

That is it...were the arrow is. The add I saw earlier today mentioned he had the only circular driveway.....it looks it to me.

Very cool....surprised they are so close together......But then again where I'm at most lots are 3 acres or larger.

Ged is known to live close by...I wonder which one???

Alex still has a house in Arizona and I think he still has the one in Naples, FL even though he has issues with their police which I understand.

Anyway...cool info thanks

Edited by Agent Rush

Hey! If we all chip in a couple of bucks, we could do a time share thing!!!

LOL!

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Apr 22 2008, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Apr 19 2008, 07:08 PM)
It'd be cool to have a walk through it...........

...or to shit, shower, and shave in the Masterbath.

That's about $2.5K for that bathtub alone.

As long as we're there, might as well take advantage of the gourmet kitchen and George Foreman some burgers or something. trink38.gif

Today my mom was nice enough to drive me downtown, so we drove by the place! Sounds a bit stalkerish, but it's a nice looking house. You can't tell from the listing pictures, but there are a couple of deer in the front bay window, taxidermied I assume. Kinda weird but they were definitely there! laugh.gif