Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

Does anyone know what the Radio City show will be all about? Will it be a continuation of The Incident tour, or a special setlist?

Just wondering if anything has been announced....

QUOTE (Natch @ Feb 22 2010, 03:59 PM)
Does anyone know what the Radio City show will be all about? Will it be a continuation of The Incident tour, or a special setlist?

The Incident will be played in full "for the final time", the rest of the set is unknown.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 25 2010, 07:50 AM)
Last night at a class at church, we watched a video. At the end of the video, it displayed some quotes/verses/etc. The background music? Arriving Somewhere!!!!!!! I almost died right then and there.

Interesting. I'm not exactly sure what the song really means, but I always thought it was about dying in an accident and not winding up where you thought you would in the afterlife.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 25 2010, 12:50 PM)
Last night at a class at church, we watched a video. At the end of the video, it displayed some quotes/verses/etc. The background music? Arriving Somewhere!!!!!!! I almost died right then and there.

One of my top 5 PT songs for sure, way better than "Anesthetize" for me. It says a lot for the strength of the band's repertoire when they can drop a track of that calibre from the live show. Obviously time constraints play a part and the 11pm curfew at some venues but even so I hope they get around to realising soon that it's a far better track than Anesthetize.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 25 2010, 01:37 PM)

Interesting. I'm not exactly sure what the song really means, but I always thought it was about dying in an accident and not winding up where you thought you would in the afterlife.

Ha! That takes me back to my Catholic college days. One of the young "trendy" priests used the whole of AFTK as a backdrop to a seminar about "faith" I didnt have the heart to tell him, mainly because I was so stoked that he'd even heard Rush nevermind used the music at college.

Edited by Tony R

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Feb 25 2010, 06:50 AM)

I would imagine that Steven Wilson would get a good chuckle out of that. His views of organized religion aren't a secret. He's weary, at best.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Feb 25 2010, 08:35 AM)
QUOTE (Natch @ Feb 22 2010, 03:59 PM)

The Incident will be played in full "for the final time", the rest of the set is unknown.

Interesting. I'd like to hear the Incident live for the first time. If anyone has a clue whether they're coming to DC, please let me know sad.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 25 2010, 07:37 AM)

All that was played was the quieter part at about 9 minutes into the song, so no lyrics. It was really cool for the background yes.gif And I would definitely like to hear what SW thinks about it sully laugh.gif

I am listening to The Incident as we speak. I freakin love this disc! It has become my favorite Porcupine Tree album. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (Pagon @ Feb 25 2010, 06:51 PM)
the PT tour this time around is not that good. the incident was ok live. the 2nd set tunes were just ok. fear of a blank planet was amazing. great song choice. next tour i'm sure they will be rockin.

I wasn't a big fan of The Incident initially but I thought they pulled it off immaculately live. The 55 minutes passed like 10 for me.

still plugging away with the incident. while i have it pretty much memorized by now it still has not grown on me much. bummer. I prefer the music over the lyrics/concept on this one and my favorite from TI is now Flicker.

one of the songs makes me think of being depressed and driving a rental car cool10.gif

Per my ritual when the kids are with their dad for the weekend, I'm watching the "Arriving Somewhere..." DVD. 1022.gif I can't imagine it getting better than this, but I am looking forward to a new DVD from them.

I can't wait until April for the PT show. It will be downright, outright, goddamned surreal.

on the FOABP tour they ended with sleep together. the guy running the board kicked it up to like 11 on that song. it really rocked. that was my favorite tour to date. saw them since deadwing. that tour was stellar also. great song choices. to bad this tour is not so great. they switch up the set list every other gig it seems. i went to the philly show and got the crappy 2nd set list. oh well. next tour. i have seen them at the avalon and house of booze in LA. great venues for PT.