Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

bumper.gif

Turned a co-worker onto PT today. She couldn't believe she never heard of them before. She'll be hooked soon enough laugh.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Jul 27 2010, 10:49 AM)
bumper.gif

Turned a co-worker onto PT today. She couldn't believe she never heard of them before. She'll be hooked soon enough laugh.gif

Good for you, Natch! I love introducing them to the unsuspecting. laugh.gif

I'm well known for my unconventional tastes in music. So, when I hand a friend a PT CD, they're usually pleasantly surprised. I love spreading the PT love.

This just in. Porcupine Tree is still the hottest Prog band out there today.

Just Bought my ticket for the San Antonio show!

Missed them on the Incident Tour, seeing them with Coheed should be great.... I like Coheed, and have never seen them before... and this will be my second time seeing PT!

And HOLY f**k....ordering tickets online is f***ing expensive! It's a GA show, but I did not want to risk not getting in to buy a ticket at the gate....

The whole cost was $40...... the ticket itself was only $23........ Thats $17 in f***ing service charges.......f**k ticketmaster!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 29 2010, 02:59 PM)

Missed them on the Incident Tour, seeing them with Coheed should be great.... I like Coheed, and have never seen them before... and this will be my second time seeing PT!

And HOLY f**k....ordering tickets online is f***ing expensive! It's a GA show, but I did not want to risk not getting in to buy a ticket at the gate....

The whole cost was $40...... the ticket itself was only $23........ Thats $17 in f***ing service charges.......f**k ticketmaster!

same price here. a bit steep but $40 for a co-headlining tour is a pretty good deal.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 29 2010, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Jul 29 2010, 02:59 PM)

Missed them on the Incident Tour, seeing them with Coheed should be great....  I like Coheed, and have never seen them before... and this will be my second time seeing PT!

And HOLY f**k....ordering tickets online is f***ing expensive!  It's a GA show, but I did not want to risk not getting in to buy a ticket at the gate....

same price here. a bit steep but $40 for a co-headlining tour is a pretty good deal.

No, the $23 for the ticket itself is reasonable..... the other $17 in Service charges, and convince charges is whats beyond ridiculous

PT Re-Issues "Recordings"

The last major missing piece of the Porcupine Tree back catalogue is finally available again. "Recordings" was originally compiled in 2000 in order to help finance a tour, and although it is mainly a collection of leftover songs from Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun, the band and many fans consider it to be every bit as strong as these albums. It includes favourites such as Buying New Soul, Disappear, Ambulance Chasing, and the full 14 minute version of Even Less. Recordings will be reissued on 23rd August by KScope, faithful to the original edition, but in a digibook sleeve. It's available for pre-order at the PT Store now.

Does Steven Wilson support gun control?

Kind of wish I had ordered a bit earlier and been able to snag the red cover of the special edition.....but I am more than happy with the grey cover... DVD, Blu- Ray, and the CD are excellent

I had this boot once upon a time and loved it:

Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) 2003-01-24 Jah-Pan Club, Tel-Aviv Israel (FLAC)

I can't seem to find it anymore but I highly recommend it if you find it. He does a song with Aviv as well. It is a high quality soundboard recording.

Any other recommended boots of the band or SW?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 1 2010, 11:04 AM)

I can't seem to find it anymore but I highly recommend it if you find it. He does a song with Aviv as well. It is a high quality soundboard recording.

There were quite a few on DIME a year or so ago, but they got presented a cease and desist, by Atlantic Music (atlantic owns roadrunner records), and they were taken down........ I can't find any anywhere either.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 2 2010, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 1 2010, 11:04 AM)

There were quite a few on DIME a year or so ago, but they got presented a cease and desist, by Atlantic Music (atlantic owns roadrunner records), and they were taken down........ I can't find any anywhere either.

What a friggin shame. It will never be released officially. I guess I'll need to find a PT trader site.

QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 4 2010, 12:38 AM)
Which PT song does Neal talk about in Roadshow? Im going to have to read the book again tongue.gif

He Quotes a lyric from "The Sound of Muzak"

the Line in particular he points out is..

"The music of rebellion makes you wanna rage, but it's made by millionaires who are nearly twice your age"

QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 4 2010, 12:36 PM)
QUOTE (tkdryan @ Aug 4 2010, 12:38 AM)
Which PT song does Neal talk about in Roadshow?  Im going to have to read the book again tongue.gif

He Quotes a lyric from "The Sound of Muzak"

the Line in particular he points out is..

"The music of rebellion makes you wanna rage, but it's made by millionaires who are nearly twice your age"

Thank you. Going to pick some of there stuff up this weekend