Sat 19 Sept: LOS ANGELES - CLUB NOKIA

Mon 21 Sept: CLEVELAND, OH - HOUSE OF BLUES

Tue 22 Sept: CHICAGO, IL - VIC THEATER

Thu 24 Sept: NY, NY - TERMINAL 5

Sat 26 Sept: PHILLY - ELECTRIC FACTORY

Sun 27 Sept: BOSTON, MA - HOUSE OF BLUES

Tue 29 Sept: MONTREAL - METROPOLIS

Wed 30 Sept: TORONTO - QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE

Sucks ass Chicago's on a tuesday. Looks like my girlfriend and I will be doing NYC/Philly/Boston. Should be fun!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 20 2009, 12:11 PM)
Only six US dates? I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Can someone tell me who that guy is who is talking on "Last Chance to Evacuate Earth?" Is it that dude who recruited all of those people into his cult and then they all committed suicide when the Hale-Bopp comet came? I'm just curious.

Yes, that's their "suicide" audio just before they killed themselves.

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Apr 9 2009, 07:30 PM)
Full dates:

Tue 15 Sept: SEATTLE, WA - MOORE THEATER
Wed 16 Sept: PORTLAND, OR - ROSELAND
Fri 18 Sept: SAN FRANCISCO - WARFIELD
Sat 19 Sept: LOS ANGELES - CLUB NOKIA
Mon 21 Sept: CLEVELAND, OH - HOUSE OF BLUES
Tue 22 Sept: CHICAGO, IL - VIC THEATER
Thu 24 Sept: NY, NY - TERMINAL 5
Sat 26 Sept: PHILLY - ELECTRIC FACTORY
Sun 27 Sept: BOSTON, MA - HOUSE OF BLUES

Tue 29 Sept: MONTREAL - METROPOLIS
Wed 30 Sept: TORONTO - QUEEN ELIZABETH THEATRE

Sucks ass Chicago's on a tuesday.  Looks like my girlfriend and I will be doing NYC/Philly/Boston.  Should be fun!

AWESOME!!!

I'm going to get to see them.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 2 2008, 09:12 AM)

Per suggestions from peeps on this board I bought Fear of a Blank Planet. I listened to it once and my hubby took it and I haven't seen it since biggrin.gif .
My question for those of you who have other PT material such as Deadwing, where did you get the CD?
I am unable to find anything other than FoaBP in Colorado.

Your best bet is iTunes....they have everything from about 1993 on....including in absentia, deadwing and On the sunday of life

QUOTE (naturalsciences101 @ Apr 12 2009, 11:48 AM)
Who's familiar with the really early stuff? I mean, anything prior to Signify. I know nothing of this era. What to get next?

Up the Downstair, Sky Moves Sideways, Voyage 34, On the Sunday of Life

In that order wink.gif

Who's familiar with the really early stuff? I mean, anything prior to Signify. I know nothing of this era. What to get next?

If you don't want to go right into a full album... I would recommend the "Stars Die: The Delirium Years" compilation... It has a really good mix of the stuff from "On the Sunday of Life" to "Signify"

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 14 2009, 08:14 AM)
Who's familiar with the really early stuff?  I mean, anything prior to Signify.  I know nothing of this era.  What to get next?

If you don't want to go right into a full album... I would recommend the "Stars Die: The Delirium Years" compilation... It has a really good mix of the stuff from "On the Sunday of Life" to "Signify"

x2.....it's great!!

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 10 2009, 06:29 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Mar 20 2009, 12:11 PM)
Only six US dates? I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Can someone tell me who that guy is who is talking on "Last Chance to Evacuate Earth?" Is it that dude who recruited all of those people into his cult and then they all committed suicide when the Hale-Bopp comet came? I'm just curious.

Yes, that's their "suicide" audio just before they killed themselves.

I looked on the PT website, and there it was. This very question and its answer. Thanks for posting an answer, though. I love that song. I can't figure out if they mean that part to be tounge in cheek, or what. But, it kinda cracks me up. Is that bad? laugh.gif

got my ticket for the 24th in n.y.c. now to see what the hub-bub is about

1022.gif

QUOTE (Paulio91184 @ Apr 12 2009, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 2 2008, 09:12 AM)

Per suggestions from peeps on this board I bought Fear of a Blank Planet.  I listened to it once and my hubby took it and I haven't seen it since  biggrin.gif .
My question for those of you who have other PT material such as Deadwing, where did you get the CD?
I am unable to find anything other than FoaBP in Colorado.

Your best bet is iTunes....they have everything from about 1993 on....including in absentia, deadwing and On the sunday of life

Bought all mine on amazon.com.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 16 2009, 01:32 PM)
got my ticket for the 24th in n.y.c. now to see what the hub-bub is about
1022.gif

A very wise choice my friend!

I have only seen them once but they were great. One of the best "sounding" shows I have ever been to.

1022.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 17 2009, 11:13 AM)
It sucks that there are no show within 500 miles of where I live....

True, sounds like if they even do come back in 2010 (which depends on the sales of these shows) it'll most likely be only for the major markets again, so no smaller shows like Nashville, Asheville and such like 2007.

It seems that promoters are wanting hard proof of bands being able to sell tickets before booking a bigger tour nowadays.

Good thing my girlfriend just agreed to fly to NYC with me for (hopefully) both NYC shows and Philly!

nobody's hero brings up a good point, which leads me to a similiar question. Can ya'll remember which PT title you first noticed being sold as a 'new release' at your local CD store, or one of the major chain stores? On Long Island and NYC, the first PT album I began noticing out on the floor, ready for purchase, was 'In Absentia' in 2002. Around the same time, they began giving attention to Opeth, and their 'Deliverance' outing was available in small numbers.

But, never, not any point, were multiple copies of any of the PT or Opeth albums available to the public. Although popularity of both bands has grown immensely over the past five or six years, I guess this hasn't really translated to increased album sales much. The PT an Opeth section of any CD store usualy has only a few discs.

Who remembers when they began seeing titles from Progressive Rock artists in general in their local CD store? Maybe there's a parallel universe somewhere out there where the Prog Rock groups have tremendous sales displays in these CD stores, and it's the cheezy Pop groups who are the ones with a tiny section with only one or two discs available.

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Apr 16 2009, 07:49 PM)
anyone else love the track "A Smart Kid"

really cool song IMO

Odd lyrics though. It seems to be about self inflicted isolation in the veil of nuclear war.

Edited by Gompers

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Apr 17 2009, 07:41 PM)

Good thing my girlfriend just agreed to fly to NYC with me for (hopefully) both NYC shows and Philly!

if ya wanna grab a beer before the N.Y show. send me a p.m.

1022.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Apr 17 2009, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 16 2009, 01:32 PM)
got my ticket for the 24th in n.y.c.  now to see what the hub-bub is about
1022.gif

A very wise choice my friend!

I have only seen them once but they were great. One of the best "sounding" shows I have ever been to.

1022.gif

cool, i am looking foward to it

1022.gif

QUOTE (PhilCastro @ Apr 21 2009, 01:36 PM)
Just bought my ticket for the Toronto show! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Front row balcony seats biggrin.gif so noone will be in front of me biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, the Toronto show is "general admission". confused13.gif

I confirmed this with the venue.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 19 2009, 07:59 PM)

1022.gif

Might be able to swing it, we're flying in thursday morning/early afternoon, so we might have to be right to the gig. If there's a friday show however I know we'll be having a bit PT get-together near the venue, you'll have to stop on by if you're going to that one as well!

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Apr 22 2009, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 19 2009, 07:59 PM)

1022.gif

Might be able to swing it, we're flying in thursday morning/early afternoon, so we might have to be right to the gig. If there's a friday show however I know we'll be having a bit PT get-together near the venue, you'll have to stop on by if you're going to that one as well!

no friday show for me but there is a bar right around the corner from the show. we can meet for a quick trink38.gif before, let me know

1022.gif