Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

According the the original announcment from Porcupine Tree.com a few months ago, Porcupine Tree is recording a new DVD for the "Fear of a Blank Planet" album cycle. They were recording two shows that were to take place on the 15th and 16th of october both taking place in TILBURG, The Netherlands: 013

Okay, I cannot find the setlist from last night....... but last night's and tonights show are being used for the DVD....

If anyone can find a setlist for either last nights or tonights show, please post a link....If I can find it, I will

(and make sure to attach a spoiler warning, as they will be on the DVD)

I don't think there's much of a spoiler warning needed, as it's the same set they've played pretty much all year, but here's one anyway...

*SPOILER*

01. Fear of a Blank Planet

02. My Ashes

03. Anesthetise

04. Sentimental

05. Way out of Here

06. Sleep Together

-short break-

07. Normal

08. Stars Die

09. Open Car

10. What Happens Now

11. Wedding Nails

12. Dark Matter

13. Half Light

14. Sever

15. Blackest Eyes

Encore:

16. Sleep of No Dreaming

17. Halo

Great to see Half Light and Sever back, that transition was one of the best I've ever seen live. It sounds like they had a lot of screw-ups so I'm sure we'll see a lot of the songs repeated tonight.

Edited by vaportrail

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Oct 16 2008, 10:56 AM)
Argh, I almost read that setlist. Scrolled down quick enough to not take any information in. Phew.

Seeing them on Sunday, and if the venue is as good as it's meant to be, this is going to be one hell of a concert.

The setlist above has a spoiler waning because it is one of the shows that is being recorded for the DvD (along with tonight's show). The set-list for the London show, I guess you are going to will probably be attending, will be slightly diffrent.

Enjoy the concert man! I got to see them last October, and I absolutly loved it.

I just cant wait until they put out another live album, so they come back to North America again

Edited by The Owl

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Oct 16 2008, 10:37 AM)
I don't think there's much of a spoiler warning needed, as it's the same set they've played pretty much all year, but here's one anyway...

*SPOILER*

01. Fear of a Blank Planet
02. My Ashes
03. Anesthetise
04. Sentimental
05. Way out of Here
06. Sleep Together

-short break-

07. Normal
08. Stars Die
09. Open Car
10. What Happens Now
11. Wedding Nails
12. Dark Matter
13. Half Light
14. Sever
15. Blackest Eyes

Encore:
16. Sleep of No Dreaming
17. Halo

Great to see Half Light and Sever back, that transition was one of the best I've ever seen live. It sounds like they had a lot of screw-ups so I'm sure we'll see a lot of the songs repeated tonight.

Thanks for the post. Like I said, they're taking from Tonight's show as well for the DVD.

I wonder if it will be any different.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2008, 11:47 AM)
Thanks for the post. Like I said, they're taking from Tonight's show as well for the DVD. 

I'm sure they'll re-play all of the ones they screwed up last night, hopefully they throw in Drown With Me and A Smart Kid, as those were the other two songs played on the last tour, maybe a couple more off of Nil Recurring.

Never know though, I remember going to the second night of DVD shooting for their last one, and all of the different songs they played didn't make it angry.gif . Which SUCKS because Deadwing was so great that night.

Edited by vaportrail

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Oct 16 2008, 12:58 PM)

I'm sure they'll re-play all of the ones they screwed up last night, hopefully they throw in Drown With Me and A Smart Kid, as those were the other two songs played on the last tour, maybe a couple more off of Nil Recurring.

Never know though, I remember going to the second night of DVD shooting for their last one, and all of the different songs they played didn't make it angry.gif . Which SUCKS because Deadwing was so great that night.

You were at that Chiago show for the Deadwing tour?.........cool!

BTW did you go to the Nashville show last October?

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2008, 12:05 PM)

Yeah, at the time I was living in Minneapolis and had caught both of the shows in Chicago and the one in Milwaukee, and the second I was tipped off that they were playing Nashville I booked a plane ticket down!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2008, 09:01 AM)
They were supposed to be putting a live album out about now.

But that is on hiatius, but on a more promicing note read my next post.

Yep...at the Atlanta show, Mr Wilson asked for more crowd response...they were recording for a live release. I had forgotten about it until I read this post.

I'll take a DVD though...

Edited by MrHands

Setlist from tonight:

*SPOILER*

Normal

Drown with me

Stars Die

Cheating the Polygraph

Anesthetize

Prodigal (Scooby Doo with trombones)

Wedding Nails

------------- short chat from steven while the camera guys did some battery changing or whatever

Strip the Soul / .3

Half Light

Sever

Way out of here

first encore ----------

Fear of a blank Planet (prolly cause of the knocked over microphone yesterday)

Trains (very nice)

second encore -----------

Sleep of no Dreaming

Halo

Great to see Drown With Me and CTP 653.gif

Edited by vaportrail

also, from someone who attended the show:

"Also during the break after wedding nails he thanked all the crew and also remarked that this was probably the last time they played so much FOABP material and that next time they would play they would have new songs again. He said they already had some material written and would go write more after the tour was over and he said hopefully tour again this time next year."

This calls for......... common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Oct 16 2008, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2008, 12:05 PM)

Yeah, at the time I was living in Minneapolis and had caught both of the shows in Chicago and the one in Milwaukee, and the second I was tipped off that they were playing Nashville I booked a plane ticket down!

I was there, and it was a great show. Unfortunaly the only one I could attend for the FOABP tour.

They've shut down City Hall (The name of the venue where PT played in Nashville) which really sucks, that was a really cool venue.

Places to see music in Nashville is really turning to shit. They closed down Starwood last year, and now City Hall...................it sucks

But fortunatly the owners of City Hall said that they're planning on opening another venue somewhere else.

Edited by The Owl

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Oct 16 2008, 05:15 PM)
Setlist from tonight:

*SPOILER*

Normal
Drown with me
Stars Die
Cheating the Polygraph
Anesthetize
Prodigal (Scooby Doo with trombones)
Wedding Nails

------------- short chat from steven while the camera guys did some battery changing or whatever

Strip the Soul / .3
Half Light
Sever
Way out of here

first encore ----------
Fear of a blank Planet (prolly cause of the knocked over microphone yesterday)

Trains (very nice)

second encore -----------

Sleep of no Dreaming
Halo

Great to see Drown With Me and CTP 653.gif

Great setlist......

Intrested in seeing in what they take from this and the other setlist to make the DVD..

QUOTE (MrHands @ Oct 16 2008, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 16 2008, 09:01 AM)
They were supposed to be putting a live album out about now.

But that is on hiatius, but on a more promicing note read my next post.

Yep...at the Atlanta show, Mr Wilson asked for more crowd response...they were recording for a live release. I had forgotten about it until I read this post.

I'll take a DVD though...

This is the article where Gavin mentions the live album goin on hiatus.....

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=2540

It woluld be cool if they include it as some kind of bounus with a delux edition of the DVD......

but that's just my wish

Id imagine that PT would be back in the studio sometime in the spring.

I do not know if Wilson is going to tour to promote his solo album. (which would be cool, but I doubt he would make a stop anywhere withing 500 miles of where I live), but even if he dose tour for his solo album, I don't think that it would be a long tour.

Regardless I'd expect PT to be back in the studio sometime in the spring, and have an album out perhaps by this time next year.

I'm hoping if Steven does a few shows he at least plays New York, that would definitely be a trip worth making.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that Steven's already written new material for the next album, figured he was enjoying his 'break' too much laugh.gif

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Oct 18 2008, 05:53 AM)
I'm hoping if Steven does a few shows he at least plays New York, that would definitely be a trip worth making.

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that Steven's already written new material for the next album, figured he was enjoying his 'break' too much laugh.gif

Its not like he's been busy the past two years.

A Porcupine Tree album

A blackfield album

a No-Man album

producing an Opeth album

tours for both PT and Blackfield

recording of a solo album

recording of a DVD

All that in two years.................way to go Steven!

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 19 2008, 02:57 AM)

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that Steven's already written new material for the next album, figured he was enjoying his 'break' too much  laugh.gif

A Porcupine Tree album

A blackfield album

a No-Man album

producing an Opeth album

recording of a DVD

653.gif

Talk about ambition! A slacker this guy is not.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 19 2008, 12:57 AM)

Yeah, I was surprised to hear that Steven's already written new material for the next album, figured he was enjoying his 'break' too much  laugh.gif

A Porcupine Tree album

A blackfield album

a No-Man album

producing an Opeth album

recording of a DVD

Well, his break from touring anyway laugh.gif .

And don't forget the three Bass Communion albums, the No-Man tour/DVD, the Bass Communion show next month/DVD! hehehehe

I actually enjoy it when he's away from PT, we get a lot more music (and better music at that) laugh.gif .

OK, I bought Lightbulb Sun last weekend (my fourth PT album after FOABP, Deadwing, and In Absentia) and as I expected it's f***ing amazing. Russia On Ice is just.......wow. wub.gif I actually hadn't set out on buying any PT because I didn't think I'd be able to finding anything, but I was browsing through FYE and there it was..... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Oct 19 2008, 04:35 PM)
OK, I bought Lightbulb Sun last weekend (my fourth PT album after FOABP, Deadwing, and In Absentia) and as I expected it's f***ing amazing. Russia On Ice is just.......wow. wub.gif I actually hadn't set out on buying any PT because I didn't think I'd be able to finding anything, but I was browsing through FYE and there it was..... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just wait until you get Stupid Dream, it's better than allllll of those.

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Oct 19 2008, 05:35 PM)

You might want to try and go with some eary PT next, just for a taster.

Signify is probably the best of the "Delirium era" (the first 4) PT albums..

The Sky moves sideways is also very good.