Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

I just bought the Arriving Somewhere DVD. It's awesome! What a great band, and they sound really good live. I'm a big fan of Gavin Harrison, what a fantastic drummer.

I really want to see these guys live... They are performing in Holland next month but it's already sold out. sad.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ Sep 8 2008, 10:20 AM)
I just bought the Arriving Somewhere DVD. It's awesome! What a great band, and they sound really good live. I'm a big fan of Gavin Harrison, what a fantastic drummer.
I really want to see these guys live... They are performing in Holland next month but it's already sold out. sad.gif

They are debatably the hottest band on the Prog scene.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 8 2008, 09:42 AM)
I really want to see these guys live... They are performing in Holland next month but it's already sold out.  sad.gif

not much of a debate at this point IMO.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 8 2008, 04:33 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 8 2008, 09:42 AM)
I really want to see these guys live... They are performing in Holland next month but it's already sold out.  sad.gif

not much of a debate at this point IMO.

Yeah, they are pretty damn good! I can't believe how awesome the Arriving Somewhere DVD is. They do a good job re-creating the studio sound live. I'm only getting to know their music but already they are one of my favorite bands. I really need to see them live!

QUOTE (Rush! @ Aug 28 2008, 11:01 PM)
Asking for the Lightbulb Sun limited edition for my birthday... hopefully I'll get it. cool10.gif smile.gif

Didn't get it on my birthday, but I believe my parents said they ordered it and it's coming in. It's the import, and from Amazon so I'm expecting it here within a couple of days. Amazon are usually excellent with getting packages on time.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 29 2008, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 29 2008, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Aug 28 2008, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Aug 28 2008, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Shifty @ Aug 28 2008, 12:16 AM)
I just got a hold of the Live in Studio XM Radio Broadcast from Nov 2002.  I got the version with the 3 extra acoustic songs plus the interview with Steven Wilson.  Superb of course.  I'm sure a lot of you guys here would already have this.  What do you all think of it??

1022.gif  applaudit.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'll have to try and find this.

Are there any hard copies available, or will I have to look on torrent sites?

Torrents should only be a last resort for items no longer available. I recommend downloading the flac files and burning them to CD. Then I convert them to high bitrate MP3 for the iPod as well.

http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupine.../collection/94/

I agree Torrents are always a last resort option for me. I did not know this was available here, thanx for the link.

The only torrent I have ever downloaded of PT is an Audio rip of "Arriving Somwhere"..

I already have the DVD, but I wanted to listen to it on my iPod. And I do not know how to rip audio from a dvd.

Same here. I was too lazy to figure it out. tongue.gif

Dime-a-dozen has a few PT boots to check out. yes.gif

I have 1 PT boot.....

It was the show from Paris from December 3rd. Great set list. Good quality.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 9 2008, 09:55 AM)
I ordered Coma Devine, and Metatonia from Hastings....

The should be here in about a week!!!!!!!!!!

How many CDs do you have now?

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 9 2008, 09:45 AM)

Those 2 will complete the "actual releases", that I have.

I will probably start getting the Limited editons as well.. Like the XM releases............and hopefully "Recordings" will be coming out soon.

I have 1 boot, and 1 dvd rip

THe only actual release I do not have is Rockpalast, but as I mentioned earlier I have the audio rip from arriving somewhere.....a set-list of which I prefer.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 9 2008, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 9 2008, 09:45 AM)

Those 2 will complete the "actual releases", that I have.

I will probably start getting the Limited editons as well.. Like the XM releases............and hopefully "Recordings" will be coming out soon.

I have 1 boot, and 1 dvd rip

THe only actual release I do not have is Rockpalast, but as I mentioned earlier I have the audio rip from arriving somewhere.....a set-list of which I prefer.

Nice!

if you go to www.hudsonmusic/festival you can see a short clip of G.H. performing

Check out the website for Steven Wilson's Solo project.........

http://www.insurgentes.org/

and a new trailer for the album, containing a 3:33 version of a the song "Get All You Deserve" (the album version is 6:15)

(Video also available on the Insurgentes site)

It sounds simply beautiful...and really amazing. I cannot wait.

Also note, If you want a copy in November, you are going to have to pre-order it as soon it is available (so I will be checking the insurgeties site daily).

The album is not out for retail until some time next year.

FYI.....

Insurgentes is now available for pre order...............

$50!!!!

If I just hadn't spent $50 on YES tickets (not that im regretting the purchace) I would have gone ahaead and ordered it, but I can wait for the retail release.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 6 2008, 10:48 PM)
FYI.....

$50!!!!

If I just hadn't spent $50 on YES tickets (not that im regretting the purchace) I would have gone ahaead and ordered it, but I can wait for the retail release.

hehehe wait until you see the shipping, 75$ plus shipping, 85$ for the vinyl, that's to the US. Good deal for the vinyl, not so great for the CD's.

Skipped the cd's myself, ordered the vinyl edition.

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Oct 7 2008, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Oct 6 2008, 10:48 PM)
FYI.....

$50!!!!

hehehe wait until you see the shipping, 75$ plus shipping, 85$ for the vinyl, that's to the US. Good deal for the vinyl, not so great for the CD's.

Skipped the cd's myself, ordered the vinyl edition.

Like I said, if I hadn't just bought concert tickets, I probably would have ordered it.

But $75 is just too much right now, I can be patient and wait for the retail release next year.....

Just found this tidbit.

Download Ogg file

PORCUPINE TREE SPECIAL

including STEVEN WILSON INTERVIEW

A chronicle of the trip from Vancouver to Seattle to see Porcupine Tree, October 18, 2005 with host Shawn Bishop accompanied by Rene Young and joined in Seattle by Frans Keylard and a number of DLBN friends. Includes an exclusive interview with Steven Wilson, chatting with fans outside the heater before and after the show, and a few words with John Wesley.

Lots of great Porcupine Tree tracks too! As heard on Behind The Lines.

http://thedividingline.com/eventarchives.html