Famous Rush Fans

snowdogged

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 5 2008, 05:45 PM)
But I'm starting to really dislike this Analog Brian guy angry.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

I have no experience of Mick Pointer's drumming of late, but in Marillion his time keeping -especially live - was as reliable as a British Rail clock. His replacement teh guy from Camel was a good drummer, but had a fragile personality that couldn't cope with raging drunken scotsmen. The guy from Steve Hackett's band could drum and cope with raging Scots.

Think of him as Marillion's Rutsey.

QUOTE (Analog Brian Kidd @ Mar 5 2008, 11:23 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 5 2008, 05:45 PM)
But I'm starting to really dislike this Analog Brian guy angry.gif

Thanks biggrin.gif

I have no experience of Mick Pointer's drumming of late, but in Marillion his time keeping -especially live - was as reliable as a British Rail clock. His replacement teh guy from Camel was a good drummer, but had a fragile personality that couldn't cope with raging drunken scotsmen. The guy from Steve Hackett's band could drum and cope with raging Scots.

Think of him as Marillion's Rutsey.

But Rutsey didn't suck. wacko.gif

Anyway thanks Jaye, will check out that website. cool.gif

I'm more familiar with baseball figures than anything.

In 2004, Chip Caray, Cubs television broadcaster (now with the Atlanta Braves) played "Fly By Night" on fan cam one game that season and spoke about how excited he was to see them in concert. So this was around R30. He also stated pitcher Matt Clement would be there as well.

Last year at the Tinley Park show my buddy and I saw Jim Thome (White Sox DH) walking around the concourse! Even as a Cubs fan I thought that was pretty cool.

QUOTE (mfratt @ Mar 5 2008, 09:57 AM)
Dream Theater started out covering Rush and Metallica songs

What do you mean started out? Isn't that what they have built their entire career on?

Billy Corgan and Marilyn Manson are two more for the list.

QUOTE (jonfiredaman02 @ Mar 5 2008, 02:22 PM)
I've heard rumors that Geddy Lee, the famous musician, is a Rush fan.

I lol'ed laugh.gif

Dale Earnhardt Jr. is a fan. I remember reading somewhere that one of his qualifying lap and pre-race CDs is The Spirit of Radio compilation...yah its one of those, but hey at least the dude listens to good stuff!

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Mar 6 2008, 06:13 AM)
Sebastian Bach

Yep I forgot Seb. Great voice. Skid Row did a good cover of What You're Doing on their covers EP B-Side Themselves. A lot of people here would likely bitch about how badly it sucked but I think they pulled it off. I think I once read an interview with Sebastian where he claimed he was just out of shot on the famous photo from a Rush show that Rainbow used for their gatefold on Long Live Rock N' Roll.

Edited by TheRocinanteKid

QUOTE (nimagraven @ Mar 6 2008, 07:22 AM)
Ooo. Phil Jupitus is a rush fan. Never knew that trink39.gif

I don\'t think he is really. I\'ve heard that the guy who produces his show is the fan, and they just gave them a job lot of XXXXXXXXXL t-shirts when they appeared on his show.

QUOTE (Analog Brian Kidd @ Mar 6 2008, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (nimagraven @ Mar 6 2008, 07:22 AM)
Ooo. Phil Jupitus is a rush fan. Never knew that  trink39.gif

I don\'t think he is really. I\'ve heard that the guy who produces his show is the fan, and they just gave them a job lot of XXXXXXXXXL t-shirts when they appeared on his show.

I don't think Phill would wear anything he didn't like.

Maybe he isn't a fan confused13.gif

Judging by the bands he is into, I'd say Rush was a fav of his. Then again, I could be wrong.

Whyn't you call old Phill up and ask him for those XXXXXXXXXXL shirts? eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Mar 5 2008, 05:40 PM)
I read somewhere that Dan Patrick of ESPN likes Rush. He made a comment when Geddy sang Oh Canada before the MLB All-Star Game a few years ago. I think it was that 2112 was still his favorite Rush album.

yea i've heard some Rush references on ESPN

These guys like 2.gif so much, they played Closer to the Heart with them smile.gif

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg174/Arleen66/l_8194f5b967c4267c0621f7a7c3c2dbe5.jpg

Geddy, Ed Roberton(Barenaked Ladies), Mike Smith(Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys) and Alex