Must do's from Snakes and Arrows.

Echoes

What are the songs from Snakes and Arrows that you consider are musts on the second leg?

Here's mine.

Far Cry (duh)

Armor and Sword ("no one gets to their heaven without a fight." Deep)

Workin' Them Angels (this one just rocks)

MalNar (grammy)

Hope (beautiful)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far Cry

Armor and Sword

Workin' Them Angels

The Larger Bowl

The Main Monkey Business

The Way the Wind Blows

Hope

Faithless

Good News First

Malignant Narcissism

We Hold On

Spindrift I don't think translated very well live on last year's leg, and Bravest Face I like but it just seems like too much of a "filler track" for them to really be likely to play it live. Which isn't to say it's bad, it's just not a song that sticks out as a "must-play." Everything else from the album is crucial, though.

Far Cry is the worst sounding SA song currently on the setlist. I've got a copy of "Ode to Broonsie" (awesome boot - many thanks to those responsible) and the proof is in the puddin. I've listened to it over and over and it's just not up to the standards of the other new songs. I don't know if it's because of the amount of click tracks or what but it sounds much better on the studio. TWTB, WTA, AaS, TMMB, and Malnar are the keepers. Faithless, and WHO should be the adds, if any. Get

'Ode to Broonsie" if you can....I'm sure SA Live will be butchered to fit on 2 cds....BTW Entre Nous and Circumstances are the rockers on OTB IMHO....and I am not one of those "old Rush or no Rush" people. Those just sound awesome live with modern tech. And I never thought I would say Entre Nous rocks but....

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 27 2008, 07:07 PM)
Far Cry
Armor and Sword
Workin' Them Angels
The Larger Bowl
The Main Monkey Business
The Way the Wind Blows
Hope
Faithless
Good News First
Malignant Narcissism
We Hold On

Spindrift I don't think translated very well live on last year's leg, and Bravest Face I like but it just seems like too much of a "filler track" for them to really be likely to play it live. Which isn't to say it's bad, it's just not a song that sticks out as a "must-play." Everything else from the album is crucial, though.

I disagree. I mean, I think S&A was truly a work of art, but I got tired of the five songs in a row they did for the last leg. It just got so tiring after awhile, which really complimented "Subdivisions" afterwards.

When you have as vast a back catalog as Rush does, and only a three hour set, eleven songs are WAY too many to throw in. I'd say five this leg and I'd be just fine, and I think others would be content as well.

I'm just wondering why you think it's "crucial" to the set? I personally believe all those songs added would be a HUGE mistake...

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jan 27 2008, 06:59 PM)
What are the songs from Snakes and Arrows that you consider are musts on the second leg?

Here's mine.

Far Cry (duh)
Armor and Sword ("no one gets to their heaven without a fight." Deep)
Workin' Them Angels (this one just rocks)
MalNar (grammy)
Hope (beautiful)

I'll go with that.

I wouldn't mind seeing good news first.

QUOTE (Echoes @ Jan 27 2008, 06:59 PM)

Far Cry

Angels

anything else is a treat

I'm hoping it'll be;

FC

Angels

Monkey Biz

MalNar

Bravest Face

Good News 1st

We Hold On

Faithless

Hope

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jan 27 2008, 05:28 PM)
Far Cry
Armor and Sword
Workin' Them Angels
The Larger Bowl
The Main Monkey Business
The Way the Wind Blows
Hope
Faithless
Good News First
Malignant Narcissism
We Hold On

I disagree. I mean, I think S&A was truly a work of art, but I got tired of the five songs in a row they did for the last leg. It just got so tiring after awhile, which really complimented "Subdivisions" afterwards.

When you have as vast a back catalog as Rush does, and only a three hour set, eleven songs are WAY too many to throw in. I'd say five this leg and I'd be just fine, and I think others would be content as well.

I'm just wondering why you think it's "crucial" to the set? I personally believe all those songs added would be a HUGE mistake...

I never said they had to keep the 5-new-songs-at-the-beginning-of-the-second-set thing. By all means mix it up order-wise. But I loved how much new material they did last year, compared to the VT tour where they had this amazing new album out and they only did 4 or 5 songs from it every night.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 27 2008, 09:12 PM)
QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jan 27 2008, 05:28 PM)
Far Cry
Armor and Sword
Workin' Them Angels
The Larger Bowl
The Main Monkey Business
The Way the Wind Blows
Hope
Faithless
Good News First
Malignant Narcissism
We Hold On

I never said they had to keep the 5-new-songs-at-the-beginning-of-the-second-set thing. By all means mix it up order-wise. But I loved how much new material they did last year, compared to the VT tour where they had this amazing new album out and they only did 4 or 5 songs from it every night.

Right, I know, that wasn't my point.

Even spread out, why bother playing ALL those new tunes when they have such a huge back catalog to dive into? Eleven, as you listed, seems like WAY too much. Five would be just fine and still would classify them as more than a nostalgia act...

It's just way too much when there's so much older material they can play, especially stuff that hasn't been played, or hasn't been played in a very long time.

As for the thread, the songs that need to stay are:

Far Cry

Workin' Them Angels

The Way The Wind Blows

Malignant Narcissism

The Larger Bowl

I agree. "Faithless" and "We Hold On" would be good additions for me. I personally love "Spindrift." It's one of my favs on the album. I wouldn't mind them booting "The Main Monkey Business" or "The Way the Wind Blows" in faver of "Faithless" and "We Hold On"

Such a lot of pain on the earth......

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jan 27 2008, 11:17 PM)

Even spread out, why bother playing ALL those new tunes when they have such a huge back catalog to dive into? Eleven, as you listed, seems like WAY too much. Five would be just fine and still would classify them as more than a nostalgia act...

It's just way too much when there's so much older material they can play, especially stuff that hasn't been played, or hasn't been played in a very long time.

Far Cry
Workin' Them Angels
The Way The Wind Blows
Malignant Narcissism
The Larger Bowl

I may be in the minority here but having seen every tour since 1976, some several times, I really find it refreshing when they play more new material. I've seen all the others so many times! Really, anything live that I havn't seen is a real treat. So I guess never played older stuff would be great too!

So, all of S&A would be fine with me. Ironically, my favorite song on S&A, Larger Bowl, didn't come off too good live IMO. Loved the video but the music just wasn't right. Especially the vocals. I like Geddy's studio version better. So they could drop that one by me. 2.gif

QUOTE (Weatherman2112 @ Jan 27 2008, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jan 27 2008, 11:17 PM)

Far Cry
Workin' Them Angels
The Way The Wind Blows
Malignant Narcissism
The Larger Bowl

I may be in the minority here but having seen every tour since 1976, some several times, I really find it refreshing when they play more new material. I've seen all the others so many times! Really, anything live that I havn't seen is a real treat. So I guess never played older stuff would be great too!

So, all of S&A would be fine with me. Ironically, my favorite song on S&A, Larger Bowl, didn't come off too good live IMO. Loved the video but the music just wasn't right. Especially the vocals. I like Geddy's studio version better. So they could drop that one by me. 2.gif

I'm definitely all about the new material.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 27 2008, 07:21 PM)
TWTWB just blew me away live. Gotta keep it in the set list 1022.gif

agreed ...surprisingley this was my fav S&A live.....

Keep:

Far Cry

TWTWB

Malnar

Hope

Workin' them angels/Armor and sword(keep one of the 2)

Add:

We Hold On(to close first set)

Loose:

Larger Bowl

TMMB

Spindrift

Armor and Sword/Workin' them angels(which ever u didnt keep)

Add:

Closer TTH

( i havent seen either of these 2 and i really want to before they stop touring; mostly for the sake of seeing them)

Where's my thing?(to replace TMMB for insturmental)

3 words.....In.............The...............END!!!!!!!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Archived