Heath Ledger found dead in his NY apt.

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 23 2008, 06:35 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 22 2008, 09:11 PM)
Was he done shooting all his scenes?  Or are they going to have to do what they did with Brandon Lee in The Crow?  I guess they could get away with it because of the makeup and all.

Yes, he finished all of his scenes. Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News posted the following:

There's a lot of rumors swirling around right now in regards to Heath and where his involvement with THE DARK KNIGHT was. I got it confirmed from a source involved in Post-Production on THE DARK KNIGHT. Heath's post work was complete. He had indeed finished it.

It was eerie how much his Joker looked like Brandon Lee's Crow. They both died way too young. R.I.P Heath.

I heard on the radio this morning that some radical religious group planned to protest any kind of public memorial service for Heath because of his role in Brokeback Mountain.

As if his family has enough to deal with and grieve over... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

RIP

I've never really seen him in films, only in A Knights Tale, and he had promise in that.

I'd imagine I'd feel it such a sad waste after I've seen The Dark Knight.

My condolensces to his family, friends, and his little girl. Such a terrible thought she'll never really know her Dad.

rose.gif

Edited by Mandalorian Hunter

QUOTE (Jen Sawyer @ Jan 24 2008, 02:53 PM)
I heard on the radio this morning that some radical religious group planned to protest any kind of public memorial service for Heath because of his role in Brokeback Mountain.

As if his family has enough to deal with and grieve over... sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

RIP

Those are the "God Hates gays" people. If you've never heard of them, consider yourself lucky. They are really way, way out there. wacko.gif

This is sad news. I really liked all of his movies, even (especially) "A Knights Tale". My thoughts are with his family.

RIP Heath

I am not good at poetry

I'm really awful at rhymes

You thrilled and entertained me

Probably a million times

This world lost a gentleman

A valiant, beautiful knight

I would give anything

To have you return tonight

Although I never met you

I cannot forget your smile

Your confidence and dignity

You engendered class and style

I found strength in your brown eyes

The expression on your face

Forgive me if I've fallen

For a man so full of grace

The legacy you've left

Could last a hundred years

I reflect on the good times

As I fight back these tears

So I bid thee farewell

My deepest sympathies

You have enriched my life

Thanks for the memories

heart.gif

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jan 24 2008, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Jen Sawyer @ Jan 24 2008, 02:53 PM)

As if his family has enough to deal with and grieve over...  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

RIP

Those are the "God Hates gays" people. If you've never heard of them, consider yourself lucky. They are really way, way out there. wacko.gif

This is sad news. I really liked all of his movies, even (especially) "A Knights Tale". My thoughts are with his family.

The Westboro Baptist Church. They are not acknowledged with any actual Baptist churches, by the way. They are bascially anti-everything. Literally.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 26 2008, 05:14 PM)
Seriously leave those losers out of this thread...it's bad enough Heath's death is being exploited out there. He deserves a nice tidy tribute thread.

oops.gif My bad! Sorry!

QUOTE (Jen Sawyer @ Jan 26 2008, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 26 2008, 05:14 PM)
Seriously leave those losers out of this thread...it's bad enough Heath's death is being exploited out there.  He deserves a nice tidy tribute thread.

oops.gif My bad! Sorry!

No worries smile.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jan 26 2008, 07:09 PM)
Been reported that Heath may have died from natural causes. Yeah he was 28 but it does happen...

Somehow I doubt this. My guess would be an overreliance on sleeping pills which he was using for a (apparently bonafide) problem with sleep due to stress. I'll bet "accidental death" will be the cause.

What a shame, great actor.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jan 27 2008, 09:13 AM)
Been reported that Heath may have died from natural causes.  Yeah he was 28 but it does happen...

Somehow I doubt this. My guess would be an overreliance on sleeping pills which he was using for a (apparently bonafide) problem with sleep due to stress. I'll bet "accidental death" will be the cause.

Yes it was officially ruled an accidental overdose of prescription medication...the combo of Oxycontin, Valium, Xanax plus several sleeping pills is what killed him...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/...dger/index.html

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 6 2008, 09:26 PM)
Been reported that Heath may have died from natural causes.  Yeah he was 28 but it does happen...

Yes it was officially ruled an accidental overdose of prescription medication...the combo of Oxycontin, Valium, Xanax plus several sleeping pills is what killed him...

This is a crime. How do doctors allows for this to happen? There should be some sort of database that shows all precriptions written to a patient, so various doctors know what they are dealing with when they are pushing these powerful drugs off on people.

These drugs are like loaded guns.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 7 2008, 06:58 AM)

This is a crime. How do doctors allows for this to happen? There should be some sort of database that shows all precriptions written to a patient, so various doctors know what they are dealing with when they are pushing these powerful drugs off on people.

sad.gif so sad.

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 7 2008, 12:58 PM)

This is true, but how far do you go to control such things?

Valium is a relatively harmless sleeping drug, but any overdose of it, on its own, can kill. I know, my mother did it.

Its possible to kill yourself with paracetamol (acetminophen I think it's called over in US/Canada), but you can buy the stuff over the counter at any drug store.

I admit that lots of different drugs in combination can kill or do serious harm, and the doc's should not be issuing lots of different drugs, but I'll bet he didn't get all these from the same doctor.

The word 'accidental is used here, but how do you 'accidentally' OD on 4+ different drugs? - also valium is a sleeping aid, so why take more DIFFERENT sleeping drugs?? confused13.gif

Edited by rickyrob

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 7 2008, 07:58 AM)

Agreed. Especially oxycontin. Oxycontin is synthetic morphine and just as addictive and doctors give them out like M&Ms. I specifically told my doc that I refuse to take that crap. Vicodin, too, it's almost as bad.

Edited by Jack Aubrey