• La Villa Strangiato
    • YYZ
    • What's my thing?
    • Leave that thing alone
    • Limbo
    • Hope
    • Malignant Narcissism
    • The Main Monkey Business

So folks, YYZ is probably the pre-poll favourite, but I suspect there could be some interesting deviations.

Personally I would favour Leave that thing alone. Pure genius.

What do you think??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted a similar poll a few months back and La Villa won in a landslide. It will again. And, I agree. La Villa is, without a doubt, their best instrumental. I hope they play it on the 08 leg of the tour. Actually, I'd give up that wish if they'd play Hemispheres in its entirety. As for the other instrumentals, I can't make up my mind which is #2, Mal Nar or YYZ. My son says I must really like Mal Nar because I play it all of the time. Ah, a compromise...2A and 2B.

I always get torn between La Villa and YYZ...

I think La Villa - I likes the long songs biggrin.gif

(BTW, hi Geddicorn bekloppt.gif I saw your name when you joined tongue.gif )

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jan 15 2008, 02:11 PM)
I always get torn between La Villa and YYZ...
I think La Villa - I likes the long songs biggrin.gif

(BTW, hi Geddicorn bekloppt.gif I saw your name when you joined tongue.gif )

Hi, Jaye bekloppt.gif ! And thanks for the welcome...kinda took me a while to get around to posting, didn't it?

I'm loving Malignant Narcism MORE and MORE and MORE each passing week. That track just plain ROCKS.

Had to vote La Villa though - that song is just terribly sickly mind shatteringly amazingly arranged and performed. Seriously if Rush Tour '08 is announced as a 3 hour jam of nothing but extended La Villa I would trade my Jeep for front row tickets.

After those two YYZ and Leave that Thing Alone are both brilliant also. Live Different Stages Leave that Thing Alone especially... gotta love Rush instrumentals where performed live just ECLIPSE the snot out of the studio versions.

Hope is such a beautiful song - no offense to it I simply adore it and am trying to learn it on my twelve string... but instrumental wise add Geds and Neil to the mix for even more raw power.

edited for spelling. just thinking about how great these songs are breaks my brain

La Villa by a fair margin, though YYZ is it's closest rival.

After that, well I can actually remember how the three S&A one go, so I would have to list them.

As for the others, I genuinely find it hard to even remember them......

I voted YYZ because yesterday while watching A Show of Hands, me and my buddy were like just staring at each other like wow, they rocked that song. It was just so tight and full of energy. Just wow. La Villa and Leave That Thing Alone are close. LTTA is awsome on Different Stages, the bass outro is great. I love MalNar because its so catchy, heck, its what plays when I start up my computer. So there you go. By the way, I like all the other songs as well. Where's My Thing is on my "Most Underated Rush Song List"

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 15 2008, 04:49 PM)
As for the others, I genuinely find it hard to even remember them......

WHAT you got to be kidding me. Those songs are awsome. Listen to them, learn them, love them.

Archived