Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 3 2010, 10:53 AM)
QUOTE (Victoria's Ladder @ Dec 3 2010, 02:31 AM)
I Just started watching this show . I watched the 1st and second season. The best show right now. I wish Netflix would put the 3-5 season up. I am been pretty addicted to this show.. and I probably could watch all seasons in one sitting. It's so well written. I honestly didn't think I'd like it.

Netflix got me caught up. This current season is the first season I ever watched as it happened. I started watching the show through netflix last summer and got caught up in time for the new season. Season 4 will blow your mind!!

As good as this season's been Season 4 is still the best of the series so far yes.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 3 2010, 04:15 PM)
Dexter's coming back for a 6th season! 653.gif cool.gif

That needed to be said? I thought it was obvious it was coming back for another season. Trust me, Showtime is gonna keep this show running as long as possible. Do you realize how many people will drop the channel from their TV package once the show is over? laugh.gif

I did that with HBO once The Soprano's ended since I didn't watch anything else on it. I'll probably do it once Dexter ends since I don't watch anything else on Showtime.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Dec 5 2010, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Dec 3 2010, 04:15 PM)
Dexter's coming back for a 6th season!  653.gif  cool.gif

That needed to be said? I thought it was obvious it was coming back for another season. Trust me, Showtime is gonna keep this show running as long as possible. Do you realize how many people will drop the channel from their TV package once the show is over? laugh.gif

I did that with HBO once The Soprano's ended since I didn't watch anything else on it. I'll probably do it once Dexter ends since I don't watch anything else on Showtime.

Weeds, The Big C and Californication are all great shows on Showtime.

Shameless is a new show thats starting in January and it looks like it will be a good show too.

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Dec 5 2010, 09:53 PM)
Weeds, The Big C and Californication are all great shows on Showtime.

I've just gotten into Californication in the past week. EXCELLENT SHOW!! Probably my new favorite television character in Hank Moody

This last Dexter was awesome. I'm really digging this season now that it's an episode away from being over. It's kind of how season 3 was a bit of a breather before the intense season 4. Maybe this season is a bit of a breather before the next season, which is looking to be pivotal to wrapping up the series.

I'm guessing that Lumen will be the one to get caught for the murders of all the rapists, and her character will be written out of the series that way, but not without Dexter being scrutinized for his involvement with her. Quinn will perhaps get fingered for Liddy's death, and have to get Deb on his side, however briefly enough, to plant the seeds of Dexter's true self into her head.

Edited by GrandDesigner

Ok, we finally bit the bullet and started watching Dexter, and this is some good shit. Dark as hell, but highly entertaining and very intelligently done. I won't be reading much in this thread until we get caught up, however and that will be awhile. Tomorrow we're going to receive the last disc of Season 1, and then we're on to Season 2!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 6 2010, 08:34 PM)
Ok, we finally bit the bullet and started watching Dexter, and this is some good shit. Dark as hell, but highly entertaining and very intelligently done. I won't be reading much in this thread until we get caught up, however and that will be awhile. Tomorrow we're going to receive the last disc of Season 1, and then we're on to Season 2!

Enjoy the ride Goob.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 6 2010, 07:34 PM)

You're in for quite the ride watching this show. It only gets better after season one new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I was disappointed in the season finale! I thought it was only the 11th episode and the finale was next week. The way it ended looked like the finale, so I checked online and that was it. It's sort of like when you think that you are taking a sip of cola and there is milk in the glass. I don't know if anyone knows what I mean by that? It was good but it's strange when you are not aware that you are watching the finale. Edited by snowdogged

I didn't care for the finale so much either. But hey, at least Julia Stiles didn't end up dead? confused13.gif

I wish Deb would have found Dexter, and figured out Lumen was Number Thirteen... but what goes down must come back up. With Season Six having a clean slate, only good things can come out of it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 12 2010, 11:35 PM)
I was disappointed in the season finale! I thought it was only the 11th episode and the finale was next week. The way it ended looked like the finale, so I checked online and that was it. It's sort of like when you think that you are taking a sip of cola and there is milk in the glass. I don't know if anyone knows what I mean by that? It was good but it's strange when you are not aware that you are watching the finale.

I was disappointed in the season finale to. It just felt like nothing really happened at all. The whole season you're thinking "they're building up to something big I know it." Then in the season finale nothing of the sort happens.

Dexter and Lumen kill the motivational speaker dude, Deb almost catches them but doesn't and Dexter covers up the murder of Robocop so Quinn and himself aren't implicated in it. All pretty standard stuff that left me very underwhelmed. Just a very ordinary and uneventful season ender for a show of this caliber sad.gif

Well the plot portion of the finale (and season) was nothing great and even silly if you think about it. But I was really into the part of the show that dealt with Dexter & Lumen and their psychological drama. The final scene with those two was great for what it was and Hall & Stiles really brought out good stuff from each other. Dexter was crushed and his line about carrying her darkness was upside-down beautiful.

Looking back I guess the season wasn't about bad guys and all that but a particular arc they wanted for Dex. Mainly that he's not normal and never will be.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 13 2010, 11:26 AM)
Well the plot portion of the finale (and season) was nothing great and even silly if you think about it. But I was really into the part of the show that dealt with Dexter & Lumen and their psychological drama. The final scene with those two was great for what it was and Hall & Stiles really brought out good stuff from each other. Dexter was crushed and his line about carrying her darkness was upside-down beautiful.

Looking back I guess the season wasn't about bad guys and all that but a particular arc they wanted for Dex. Mainly that he's not normal and never will be.

Yeah, what you are saying is true but I think the total opposite is also true! I think that he also learned that he is not that much different than everyone else except for the fact that he kills people. I think that they were trying to show us this when he beat the shit out of that guy, also, when Deb shot and killed that guy and told Dexter that she enjoyed the feeling and last but not least, his relationship with Lumen.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 13 2010, 11:57 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Dec 13 2010, 11:26 AM)

Yeah, what you are saying is true but I think the total opposite is also true! I think that he also learned that he is not that much different than everyone else except for the fact that he kills people. I think that they were trying to show us this when he beat the shit out of that guy, also, when Deb shot and killed that guy and told Dexter that she enjoyed the feeling and last but not least, his relationship with Lumen.

I don't know about that. Lumen needed to kill out of hate & revenge, relatively normal human emotions. Dexter needs to kill to "quiet the chaos" and just to do it. Did you see his face when Jordan got whacked? He got a major rush. Lumen? She had closure and anger and disgust.

The last line of the season, "We all know that wishes are for children" with Dex looking right into the camera was, I think, a pretty intense way for him to admit that he's not like normal people and he knows it. Regardless if he wants to or not.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Feb 22 2011, 01:25 AM)
Finished the first season........ it's 12:20, and I am wondering if I want to stay up another hour and start the second......... I had better not....... I am tired as hell.

I am almost jealous that you get to watch seasons 2 and 4 for the first time. Season 4 of this show is without a doubt the greatest season of any TV series ever

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 22 2011, 01:30 AM)
Finished the first season........ it's 12:20, and I am wondering if I want to stay up another hour and start the second.........  I had better not....... I am tired as hell.

The 2nd season along with the 4th are the best IMO.

yes.gif

Some of the best written material in any TV show ever. The acting by the main cast is better than anything else i've seen on television.

Season five was a huge drop off in terms of storyline but hopefully it's just being used as a bridge to the next season where stuff starts happening again.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Feb 22 2011, 05:22 AM)
Finished the first season........ it's 12:20, and I am wondering if I want to stay up another hour and start the second.........  I had better not....... I am tired as hell.

I am almost jealous that you get to watch seasons 2 and 4 for the first time. Season 4 of this show is without a doubt the greatest season of any TV series ever

Really? I thought season 4 was the weakest of the first four, even though it was still amazingly great. I've yet to see season 5.

SEASON 4 SPOILER - HIGHLIGHT TO SEE IT:

The last episode of Season 4 was DEVASTATING. Part of why I didn't like Season 4 as much was that Dexter seemed to be making so many stupid and uncharacteristic mistakes. At first I thought the writers were a bit off their game in that, but with the last episode I can now see that it was all leading up to the final result of all his mistakes, which was the crushing image of Rita in the bathtub. My wife and I were heartbroken when we saw that, as she was essentially his savior in a way. I can only imagine the fallout from that experience. Will we actually see Dexter cry? Can he? Anyway, I'm waiting on Season 5. If you respond to this, please don't give anything away...