Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

Last night's episode was solid. With Astor and Cody going to live with their grandparents it frees Dexter up more now to continue his mission.

Also, Deb calling Quinn "f**k Puddle" z7shysterical.gif

They always give her the funniest things to say.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 4 2010, 11:38 AM)
My clock showed 9:50 when the show ended. You add in the 5 minutes of intro & recaps we only got 45 minutes last night. Kinda sucks.

Good episode though, not great. Dexter's acting more human all the time. I sorta miss the empty monster that he used to be.

I hope my PVR caught that... I didn't watch it last night as I was eyeballs deep in studying for a huge f*cker of a test I had today. I intend on watching it when I get home tonight.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 4 2010, 12:38 PM)
My clock showed 9:50 when the show ended. You add in the 5 minutes of intro & recaps we only got 45 minutes last night. Kinda sucks.

Good episode though, not great. Dexter's acting more human all the time. I sorta miss the empty monster that he used to be.

I didn't mind that at all. The episode told the story in had to and nothing more. There's no sense of putting in an extra five minutes of something that didn't really need to be done. One of the reasons this show is so good is that it tells the storys so well and it has very little "filler", if any at all, in most of the episodes.

Also, are all the episodes an hour? I always thought they were between 45-55 minutes apiece depending on the story they had to tell that week.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 5 2010, 12:12 PM)
One of the reasons this show is so good is that it tells the storys so well and it has very little "filler", if any at all, in most of the episodes.

Wouldn't have minded 5-10 filler minutes of Dexter sawin' off some dude's dome. Is it too much to ask for some senseless exploitation?

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 5 2010, 07:19 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 5 2010, 12:12 PM)
One of the reasons this show is so good is that it tells the storys so well and it has very little "filler", if any at all, in most of the episodes.

Wouldn't have minded 5-10 filler minutes of Dexter sawin' off some dude's dome. Is it too much to ask for some senseless exploitation?

laugh.gif

No, it's not too much to ask given that the main character is a serial killer but there was a little too much going on in the last episode with Astor and Cody for him to do anything. Plus, if he got the guy he was after this episode there's nothing to look forward to next week.

I don't mind that they didn't rush anything by throwing an extra 5 minutes on. The show has always had well thought out stories and they give time for everything to develope and play out, so why ruin it now?

I finally watched it last night. WOW... just wow!

Don't worry redtammas... something tells me the next episode will have plenty of senseless gore to satisfy you.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 6 2010, 05:08 AM)

Don't worry redtammas... something tells me the next episode will have plenty of senseless gore to satisfy you.

tongue.gif

I thought the episode was good but there was nothing that really blew me away. What did you find so "WOW" about it? I'll watch it again, maybe I missed something confused13.gif

I think they've gone as far as they can with Dexter finding an enemy on the outside (Trinity, his brother, Miguel, Doakes) and they'll focus on Dexter fighting his "enemy within" so to speak. They probably only have a few seasons left in them, and they need to start revealing his dark passenger to other characters in order for a logical conclusion to take place. I think he will be under serious scrutiny this season, especially within Miami PD.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 6 2010, 11:37 AM)
I think he will be under serious scrutiny this season, especially within Miami PD.

I think so to. Mainly with Quinn, who looks like he's gonna find out that Dexter and Kyle Butler are one in the same. Although Dexter will probably just tell everyone that he investigated on his own and found out who Trinity was and he created the alias to gain his trust and help bring him to justice.

Which is actually the truth biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 6 2010, 05:08 AM)

tongue.gif

sad.gif

Not exactly what I would consider senseless gore. Oh well, Silent Hill was on Syfy just before Dexter...now there was senseless gore.

Looks like Dex just got himself into a bit of a pickle. Of course I know how to get out of it: kill her now and be done with it.

BTW, I love the lady that plays the nanny. She was great on The Tudors.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 12 2010, 02:04 AM)
Awesome episode.

I knew Julia Stiles was going to be part of this year's show but what a surprising way for her first appearance!

Oh wow, holy shit, I didn't even realize the lady who caught Dexter at the end was Julia Stiles until you mentioned her name. It really didn't look like her at all.

I know it's kind of cliche but does anyone else got a funny feeling about the nanny?

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 12 2010, 10:05 AM)
Awesome episode.

I knew Julia Stiles was going to be part of this year's show but what a surprising way for her first appearance!

Oh wow, holy shit, I didn't even realize the lady who caught Dexter at the end was Julia Stiles until you mentioned her name. It really didn't look like her at all.

I know it's kind of cliche but does anyone else got a funny feeling about the nanny?

Yes, the nanny creeps me out. Too perfect...something is up with her for sure.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 12 2010, 09:05 AM)
Awesome episode.

She seems too clingy to the kid. I think she's gonna try and kidnap Harrison...

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Oct 12 2010, 10:05 AM)

Yeah, I was kind of getting that vibe too. That's a lot of shit for Dexter to handle this season though.