Dexter!

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 21 2009, 11:56 AM)
I'm sorry but Rita has to tone down the Bitch level, she's getting a lil irritating even for me.

Oh hellllllllllsssssssssss yeah...I hate the whole family now. I somehow think they are purposely making the family more annoying in order to act as a setup for the next season. I suspect some sort of marriage separation because Dexter won't be able to give up his "extracurricular" activities and the more annoying they make Rita and the kids, the more plausible it will seem when it happens.

I LOVE this show!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 21 2009, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 21 2009, 11:56 AM)
I'm sorry but Rita has to tone down the Bitch level, she's getting a lil irritating even for me.

Oh hellllllllllsssssssssss yeah...I hate the whole family now. I somehow think they are purposely making the family more annoying in order to act as a setup for the next season. I suspect some sort of marriage separation because Dexter won't be able to give up his "extracurricular" activities and the more annoying they make Rita and the kids, the more plausible it will seem when it happens.

I LOVE this show!! biggrin.gif

Ya that's what I'm thinking too. Especially with his "dad" saying all these things about how he's running the risk at being caught now because he has so many people in his life who are getting too close. It's only a matter of time before Rita or one of the kids finds out. He's still keeping his apartment, which I thought was a lil weird... but you're right. Great set up for a next season split up with him and Rita.

Ya it's my fave show on TV right now! biggrin.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 20 2009, 10:55 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 20 2009, 09:42 PM)
I don't think it was Trinity...it seems too "far away" from his code.  I believe he's recreating his family's demise - ie. his sister committed suicide in the tub, which led his mom to kill herself by jumping off the building, and his dad beat him.  Shooting Lundy seems too farfetched, even after their crazy run in.

I think it's the vacation murderer.  Lundy was in the newspaper for returning to Miami to catch a killer (Quinn's fault), and the vacation murderer probably thought he was there for him and decided to get rid of him, accidentally shooting Deb in the periphery.  Having Trinity be the shooter just seems...wrong, even though hypothetically it seems so right.

Hmmm....that makes sense. I can play along with that.

I'm still sticking with Trinity on this one. He is trying to make it look like the vacation murderer. Since he knew Lundy was on his trail, he had to get rid of him and what better way to throw them off than to make it look like a V.M. attack? I'll bet Trinity studied the M.O. of the V.M. and staged the scene to look like it.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 23 2009, 08:50 PM)
I don't think it was Trinity...it seems too "far away" from his code.  I believe he's recreating his family's demise - ie. his sister committed suicide in the tub, which led his mom to kill herself by jumping off the building, and his dad beat him.  Shooting Lundy seems too farfetched, even after their crazy run in.

I think it's the vacation murderer.  Lundy was in the newspaper for returning to Miami to catch a killer (Quinn's fault), and the vacation murderer probably thought he was there for him and decided to get rid of him, accidentally shooting Deb in the periphery.  Having Trinity be the shooter just seems...wrong, even though hypothetically it seems so right.

I'm still sticking with Trinity on this one. He is trying to make it look like the vacation murderer. Since he knew Lundy was on his trail, he had to get rid of him and what better way to throw them off than to make it look like a V.M. attack? I'll bet Trinity studied the M.O. of the V.M. and staged the scene to look like it.

Definitely possible. I briefly flashed on the idea that it might've been Anton too, maybe spying on Deb and getting jealous of Lundy enough to shoot him, but after being nearly almost skinned to death, I doubt he has a murderous side in him.

One more day!

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 24 2009, 08:42 AM)

Definitely possible. I briefly flashed on the idea that it might've been Anton too, maybe spying on Deb and getting jealous of Lundy enough to shoot him, but after being nearly almost skinned to death, I doubt he has a murderous side in him.

One more day!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Hurry up Sunday!!!! banghead.gif

Dexter is prolly the only thing that makes me want the weekend to zoom by. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 24 2009, 09:13 AM)

One more day!

Dexter is prolly the only thing that makes me want the weekend to zoom by. laugh.gif

Dexter & Mad Men make for the best night of tv for me. Dexter followed by Don Draper...now there's a pair.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 24 2009, 11:38 AM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 24 2009, 09:13 AM)

One more day!

Dexter & Mad Men make for the best night of tv for me. Dexter followed by Don Draper...now there's a pair.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, Mad Men is great and Jon Hamm is great as Don Draper/Dick Whitman. Now that Betty has found his secret stash "Game On!" laugh.gif

Finally watched ep. 4.....Best one so far!

Love the scene in the washroom with Dex and the lady cop. cool.gif

I like the theory that it was Trinity setting up the scene at the end to look like it was The Vacation Killer (after all Deb and Lundy were at the supposed 3rd location of Trinity's next victim) but I'm inclined to think it was indeed the real Vacation Killer who did it and wasn't Trinity himself because Trinity would not have taken anything away from the victim like what happened to Lundy (the guy bending down to take what I'm assuming is cas from Lundy's pocket and his watch does not really look like an older guy like Trinity though I admit the view of him and timing was limited; looks like he moves more quickly like a younger guy to me). Remember a watch was also taken from the last VK's victim. It would be TOO obvious that it was Trinity IMO.

My dark horse theory? I'm suspecting Quinton is the Vacation Killer. Just a nagging hunch...him stealing cash from crime scene. Being too close to all of the inside info on both cases etc...his whole pissed off demeanor...I've had a bad feeling about his character ever since he first showed up last season. But then again why would he give details of the cases to his reporter lady friend........hmmmm. Also exactly what was he telling her?

What a show! Despite this being the 4th season the excellent writing has not let up at all.

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 25 2009, 10:41 AM)

Love the scene in the washroom with Dex and the lady cop. cool.gif

I like the theory that it was Trinity setting up the scene at the end to look like it was The Vacation Killer (after all Deb and Lundy were at the supposed 3rd location of Trinity's next victim) but I'm inclined to think it was indeed the real Vacation Killer who did it and wasn't Trinity himself because Trinity would not have taken anything away from the victim like what happened to Lundy (the guy bending down to take what I'm assuming is cas from Lundy's pocket and his watch does not really look like an older guy like Trinity though I admit the view of him and timing was limited; looks like he moves more quickly like a younger guy to me). Remember a watch was also taken from the last VK's victim. It would be TOO obvious that it was Trinity IMO.

My dark horse theory? I'm suspecting Quinton is the Vacation Killer. Just a nagging hunch...him stealing cash from crime scene. Being too close to all of the inside info on both cases etc...his whole pissed off demeanor...I've had a bad feeling about his character ever since he first showed up last season. But then again why would he give details of the cases to his reporter lady friend........hmmmm. Also exactly what was he telling her?

What a show! Despite this being the 4th season the excellent writing has not let up at all.

I actually had a theory that the lady reporter was the vacation killer. She could be killing these people to give herself material for a story. She was obviously just using Quin to get information from inside with the cops so as maybe to keep herself one step ahead of them.

I dunno just a theory...

WE FIND OUT TONIGHT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! bncegrn.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 25 2009, 12:46 PM)

Love the scene in the washroom with Dex and the lady cop.  cool.gif

I like the theory that it was Trinity setting up the scene at the end to look like it was The Vacation Killer (after all Deb and Lundy were at the supposed 3rd location of Trinity's next victim) but I'm inclined to think it was indeed the real Vacation Killer who did it and wasn't Trinity himself because Trinity would not have taken anything away from the victim like what happened to Lundy (the guy bending down to take what I'm assuming is cas from Lundy's pocket and his watch does not really look like an older guy like Trinity though I admit the view of him and timing was limited; looks like he moves more quickly like a younger guy to me).  Remember a watch was also taken from the last VK's victim. It would be TOO obvious that it was Trinity IMO.

My dark horse theory?  I'm suspecting Quinton is the Vacation Killer.  Just a nagging hunch...him stealing cash from crime scene.  Being too close to all of the inside info on both cases etc...his whole pissed off demeanor...I've had a bad feeling about his character ever since he first showed up last season. But then again why would he give details of the cases to his reporter lady friend........hmmmm.  Also exactly what was he telling her? 

What a show!  Despite this being the 4th season the excellent writing has not let up at all.

I actually had a theory that the lady reporter was the vacation killer. She could be killing these people to give herself material for a story. She was obviously just using Quin to get information from inside with the cops so as maybe to keep herself one step ahead of them.

I dunno just a theory...

WE FIND OUT TONIGHT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! bncegrn.gif

Great theories you guys! Makes my head spin trying to consider all the twists and turns laugh.gif

Only 2 1/2 more hours to go til showtime 653.gif

I do believe Dex has overtaken The Shield as my all time favorite TV show ever. yes.gif

What a show!  Despite this being the 4th season the excellent writing has not let up at all.

Agreed. Initially I was worried about watching Dexter because I assumed, given Showtime's penchant for glorifying shady behaviors (Californication & the very much sexed up The Tudors as examples), I expected the show to revel in Dexter's killing and it to be a bloodbath every episode.

Boy was I wrong. Great storylines, very interesting characters (Angel and that bald Asian dude crack me up) and I find myself just a little disappointed that when Dexter does kill someone it's not very graphic at all. We really don't get to see too much of what Dexter does to his victims other than the knife to the heart.

What the hell does he do with that power drill? And he said there's six quarts of blood in a person...could he really keep that contained in those tarps without it spilling all over the place?

For some reason, I really like this idea. Quinn's always been kind of an expendable character to me. He's part of the main cast but not truly part of it if you know what I mean. If he is no longer on the cast next season, it wouldn't feel like a major loss. Not to mention that he has a shady background, and has that expensive watch (...could be from a tourist...). And now he has it in for Dexter. If Quinn is the vacation murderer, it's kind of like a reverse Doakes situation. I have to watch this show online so I won't be able to see it until tomorrow...time to avoid this thread!! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 25 2009, 06:33 PM)

Agreed. Initially I was worried about watching Dexter because I assumed, given Showtime's penchant for glorifying shady behaviors (Californication & the very much sexed up The Tudors as examples), I expected the show to revel in Dexter's killing and it to be a bloodbath every episode.

Boy was I wrong. Great storylines, very interesting characters (Angel and that bald Asian dude crack me up) and I find myself just a little disappointed that when Dexter does kill someone it's not very graphic at all. We really don't get to see too much of what Dexter does to his victims other than the knife to the heart.

What the hell does he do with that power drill? And he said there's six quarts of blood in a person...could he really keep that contained in those tarps without it spilling all over the place?

I LOVE Californication.....yeah it's sleazy but it is funny as hell laugh.gif

The sleazier the better I say tongue.gif

Well I was right about Lundy being a goner... poor Deb. sad.gif

I wonder what Dexter's code is gonna tell him to do now that he knows more about Trinity... Lundy was wrong about him... that was an interesting twist.

I still think the Vacation Murderer is that news reporter lady. And that Dexter and Rita are def headed for some sort of split especially now she knows he still has his apartment... which was a deliberate detail maybe for next season...

Good episode! common001.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 25 2009, 08:10 PM)
My dark horse theory?  I'm suspecting Quinton is the Vacation Killer.  Just a nagging hunch...him stealing cash from crime scene.  Being too close to all of the inside info on both cases etc...his whole pissed off demeanor...I've had a bad feeling about his character ever since he first showed up last season. But then again why would he give details of the cases to his reporter lady friend........hmmmm.  Also exactly what was he telling her? 

For some reason, I really like this idea. Quinn's always been kind of an expendable character to me. He's part of the main cast but not truly part of it if you know what I mean. If he is no longer on the cast next season, it wouldn't feel like a major loss. Not to mention that he has a shady background, and has that expensive watch (...could be from a tourist...). And now he has it in for Dexter. If Quinn is the vacation murderer, it's kind of like a reverse Doakes situation. I have to watch this show online so I won't be able to see it until tomorrow...time to avoid this thread!! ohmy.gif

Great theory. I had forgotten about the watch. Nice catch. And don't forget about him stealing the money from the crime scene. So he isn't above skirting the law. That would be a great twist if it was Quinn.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Oct 26 2009, 2:16 PM)
Well I was right about Lundy being a goner... poor Deb. sad.gif

I wonder what Dexter's code is gonna tell him to do now that he knows more about Trinity... Lundy was wrong about him... that was an interesting twist.

I still think the Vacation Murderer is that news reporter lady. And that Dexter and Rita are def headed for some sort of split especially now she knows he still has his apartment... which was a deliberate detail maybe for next season...

Good episode! common001.gif

The tension between Dex & Rita will make his chase of Trinity more problematic. I think the dilemma between avenging Deb's shooter and saving his family will make for some great drama.

As far as the code, Harry has made it clear what needs to happen, but Dex has been known to alter Harry's instruction before. But not this time. He wants revenge. And the eventual showdown between Dex & Trinity will make for the best episodes yet.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 26 2009, 04:56 PM)
Great theory. I had forgotten about the watch. Nice catch. And don't forget about him stealing the money from the crime scene. So he isn't above skirting the law. That would be a great twist if it was Quinn.

To further ponder about Quinn's involvement, I remember a line in last night's episode about him being first on the scene to the shooting. My gut is telling me he's either the vacation murderer, or a copycat

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 26 2009, 06:09 PM)

To further ponder about Quinn's involvement, I remember a line in last night's episode about him being first on the scene to the shooting. My gut is telling me he's either the vacation murderer, or a copycat

Hey, you're right! Hmmm, first on scene? Your theory is looking good.

I only wonder if the writers have planted all that as a red herring. But really, I do hope it turns out to be Quinn. That has great potential.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 26 2009, 07:01 PM)

I only wonder if the writers have planted all that as a red herring. But really, I do hope it turns out to be Quinn. That has great potential.

Well, Test4VitalSigns actually came up with that theory and I piggybacked but yeah, it'd be awesome if it was really the case. I think it'd actually be a GREAT story arc for season 5 if Quinn never gets caught as the vacation murderer, and Miami Metro now has TWO killers in its department and both Quinn and Dexter slowly find out about each other and have a kill-off or something.

Wishful thinking... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Oct 26 2009, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Oct 26 2009, 06:09 PM)

I still don't think it's Quinn... he's a bit of a dirty cop ya and rough around the edges but I dont think he is the Vacation Murderer. BUT when Lundy was shot he looked like he recognized the shooter... and that's why the shooter shot him twice and killed him.

Maybe it's Anton... he was "away" quite a bit and when he started going away murders appeared. He's also got MO for wanting Lundy dead.

So...

Is Dexter really going to let Rita keep getting close enough to know the truth about him? Does she know what's in the trunk besides the shotgun?

How soon will it be before Dex is dismantling Trinity? I think we can see that he's easy picking for Dexter's syringe anytime he wants. Or does Dexter see Trinity as a valuable learning tool that must be used some more before he's sliced and diced?

Are we about to find out that Hank is Dexter's real dad from an affair with his informant mom...thus he's Deb's real brother?

Just throwing these out there. BTW...Rita is smokin' hot as if we didn't know that already but it had to be said.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 2 2009, 01:38 AM)
So...

Is Dexter really going to let Rita keep getting close enough to know the truth about him? Does she know what's in the trunk besides the shotgun?

How soon will it be before Dex is dismantling Trinity? I think we can see that he's easy picking for Dexter's syringe anytime he wants. Or does Dexter see Trinity as a valuable learning tool that must be used some more before he's sliced and diced?

Are we about to find out that Hank is Dexter's real dad from an affair with his informant mom...thus he's Deb's real brother?

Just throwing these out there. BTW...Rita is smokin' hot as if we didn't know that already but it had to be said.

Awesome episode! I think I read somewhere that John Lithgow will be in all 12 episodes so I'm expecting him to last all the way until the end. It was great to see him expose his dark side to Dexter over his sister's ashes, I somehow think the two of them are going to become friends, much the same way him and Miguel Prado became friends. Maybe even to the point of letting each other in on their secrets.

I think that hammer is going to somehow come back and put Dexter in a bad position regarding the last Trinity murder.

As far as Rita goes, I foresee some evidence slipping out that Dexter might be a serial killer, but for obvious reasons, he'll lie and cover it up.

And yes, she is SMOKING HOT this season and wish they'd make her naked in many episodes to come

Great episode last night! biggrin.gif I dunno.. I think under different circumstances Dexter and Trinity could be pals. It seems Dexter is starting to admire him and want to be more like him, especialy in realizing that his family should be a saviour to him not an obstacle.

This is going to be a blow out ending.. I can tell already. biggrin.gif