Color Of Right

Earthshine

I like this song too it is very different and melodic. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Oct 31 2007, 12:24 AM)
I don't know about others, but I absolutely love Color Of Right!

I always thought it would be a great encore. I was always hoping they would play it live someday, but they never have.

It's a good song. The more people shit talk it, the better I like it.

1022.gif 653.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Oct 31 2007, 12:10 PM)
Well I've always called it "The Colour of Shite" so that should give you an idea of my feelings on the matter wink.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 31 2007, 11:35 AM)

I always thought it would be a great encore. I was always hoping they would play it live someday, but they never have.

I have always liked test for echo good album,cant understand supposed rush fans knocking it all the time trink39.gif biggrin.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif Next they will be targeting counterparts wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSHMAN999 @ Oct 31 2007, 01:17 PM)
I have always liked test for echo good album,cant understand supposed rush fans knocking it all the time trink39.gif biggrin.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif Next they will be targeting counterparts wink.gif

Now that you mention it, I actually don't think Counterparts is that good tongue.gif

i agree! i love the song. i love VT too. tongue.gif

I don't even remember how the song goes. That should tell you right way that I don't listen to Test for Echo.

QUOTE (RUSHMAN999 @ Oct 31 2007, 05:17 PM)

HEY! I like Counterparts! wink.gif

Incredible song. I love the melody on the line, "Take it easy on me now, I'd be there if I could. I'm so full of what is right, I can't see what is good." Classic.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 31 2007, 06:35 AM)

Basing how much you like a song as a reaction to how others feel?.... fing.gif

I tend to like or dislike a song based on that song's merits, not what others think. But, to give the song a chance, I am listening to it again as I write this. Melodically, it's ok, bordering on ho-hum. Lyrically, I can't decide if it's weak or cheesy. But I did find these few lines which seem applicable to your style of evaluation --

...so full of what is right
...can't see what is good

It's a hopeless situation
You're so full of what is right
You can't see what is true

I like songs from the debut album more than this one. "gravity and distance, change the passage of light; change the color of right" Truly inspiring sarcasm.gif

Flopped wordplay and filler musicianship. schla03.gif

Musically, T4E in total as well as The Color of Right are extremely underrated. Lyrically, it is shite.

It's heavy, thick and lush all the way through. It actually harkens back to earlier days in terms of musicianship. The harmonics during Limbo, the unified playing during the title track, the heavy opening of Driven, even the ballad are all great efforts. I never understood why it takes such a beating here. For me, it's miles ahead of Presto and RTB, and a notch above Counterparts as well.

And the tour was absolutely one of their best ever.

Again, in terms of lyrics, it is probably Neil's laziest effort ever. But I can get past that and enjoy the music any time.

I listened to it again, it's a good song. Better than I thought.

Again, I think Test for Echo is Rush's R.E.M. album. If R.E.M. wrote "The Color of Right" it might be considered a masterpiece. As would "Half the World".

Archived