I'm leaving...

Slacker

good luck bobby!

let me know when i can move down with ya ok????

biggrin.gif

heart.gif

keep me posted man!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be as easy to come see you now, but wherever you are, you CAN'T get away from me. You know that right? laugh.gif

I know it's a tough decision for you man, and I know how hard you've weighed this, but sometimes change is the exact thing someone needs in life.

You have a job awaiting you, and a place to call home. That's most of the battle right there. As far as friends go, you never have any trouble with that. You'll take over that town before the first time we come to visit. I can see it now... as soon as you take me into one of your new favorite places, everyone will be your BEST FRIEND.

Good Luck with this my friend, and I'll see you in a few weeks to celebrate your new beginning. trink39.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 22 2007, 04:38 PM)
It won't be as easy to come see you now, but wherever you are, you CAN'T get away from me. You know that right? laugh.gif

I know it's a tough decision for you man, and I know how hard you've weighed this, but sometimes change is the exact thing someone needs in life.

You have a job awaiting you, and a place to call home. That's most of the battle right there. As far as friends go, you never have any trouble with that. You'll take over that town before the first time we come to visit. I can see it now... as soon as you take me into one of your new favorite places, everyone will be your BEST FRIEND.

Good Luck with this my friend, and I'll see you in a few weeks to celebrate your new beginning. trink39.gif

Won't it be great? We'll all go down to visit him in two months - and we'll go to a nearby place and 100 people will shout in Virginian Southern accents... "BOBBY!!!!" laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 22 2007, 04:44 PM)
It won't be as easy to come see you now, but wherever you are, you CAN'T get away from me.  You know that right?  laugh.gif 

You have a job awaiting you, and a place to call home.  That's most of the battle right there.  As far as friends go, you never have any trouble with that.  You'll take over that town before the first time we come to visit.  I can see it now... as soon as you take me into one of your new favorite places, everyone will be your BEST FRIEND. 

Good Luck with this my friend, and I'll see you in a few weeks to celebrate your new beginning.  trink39.gif

Won't it be great? We'll all go down to visit him in two months - and we'll go to a nearby place and 100 people will shout in Virginian Southern accents... "BOBBY!!!!" laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Yep... i know that's what's gonna happen. yes.gif

QUOTE (SlackABob @ Oct 22 2007, 02:52 PM)
For the past 2 years i've been weighing this decision.. Well, I made it about a month ago and I decided that it's time to relocate and I'm leaving the only place I ever new in my life. I'm moving down to Virginia.
This wasn't easy, but it's what's best for me and I fully understand that's it time to move on. I'm leaving behind friends i've know my whole life and family that's within miles miles of me, It's kinda scary, but that's understandable and I fear not.

I start a new job in November and i'm looking forward to this opportunity and i'm confident that this is what's right for me and my future. I never could have thought in a thousand years i would leave N.Y, the only place I ever lived. I have a brother who i'll be staying with til I find my place of choice, so I won't be totally alone. I come to realize at my age that change is not as scary as it once was and that I look to embrace that change and do what I feel is right. I'm leaving tomorrow for about a week or so, then i'll be back for about two weeks to say good bye to as many friends as i can. So, lookout Virginia, here I come!

1022.gif

All the best to you in your new job, sir!

Va's a great state, you're going to love it.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2007, 03:32 PM)
This is the kind of bold move I like to see, yeah, get out move around and see what else is out there!! Good luck Bob!! No more Mr Milkman it's time to KICK ASS!!! (or arse if you like Spinal Tap which I do)

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Oct 22 2007, 03:34 PM)
Hey Slacka - best of luck to you on your new adventure in VA. For what its worth, VA is beautiful and all things considered, isnt that far from the NY metro area. Plus, think about all that ham.

Good luck dude, hope to see you at an upcoming east coast show. Hey, Atlantic City is close by way of Delaware, aint it?

PTA

Thanks PTA and you can bet i'll be in Alantic City when Rush is there!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 22 2007, 04:26 PM)
good luck bobby!

let me know when i can move down with ya ok????

biggrin.gif

heart.gif

keep me posted man!!!!

smile.gif

I'm kinda hoping everyone will move down there with me laugh.gif

Thank you Amanda and you know when things are settled i'll be trying to hook up some kind of get together!

It won't be as easy to come see you now, but wherever you are, you CAN'T get away from me.  You know that right?  laugh.gif 

You have a job awaiting you, and a place to call home.  That's most of the battle right there.  As far as friends go, you never have any trouble with that.  You'll take over that town before the first time we come to visit.  I can see it now... as soon as you take me into one of your new favorite places, everyone will be your BEST FRIEND. 

Good Luck with this my friend, and I'll see you in a few weeks to celebrate your new beginning.  trink39.gif

You know me so well laugh.gif Your not the first to say that about making friends quick.... You and Carol are always in my thoughts so you know i won't be getting away from ya!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 22 2007, 04:55 PM)
QUOTE (SlackABob @ Oct 22 2007, 02:52 PM)
For the past 2 years i've been weighing this decision.. Well, I made it about a month ago and I decided that it's time to relocate and I'm leaving the only place I ever new in my life. I'm moving down to Virginia.
This wasn't easy, but it's what's best for me and I fully understand that's it time to move on. I'm leaving behind friends i've know my whole life and family that's within miles miles of me, It's kinda scary, but that's understandable and I fear not. 

I start a new job in November and i'm looking forward to this opportunity and i'm confident that this is what's right for me and my future. I never could have thought in a thousand years i would leave N.Y, the only place I ever lived. I have a brother who i'll be staying with til I find my place of choice, so I won't be totally alone. I come to realize at my age that change is not as scary as it once was and that I look to embrace that change and do what I feel is right. I'm leaving tomorrow for about a week or so, then i'll be back for about two weeks to say good bye to as many friends as i can.  So, lookout Virginia, here I come!

1022.gif

All the best to you in your new job, sir!

Va's a great state, you're going to love it.

Thanks Jack trink39.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Oct 22 2007, 03:54 PM)
Bobby, it will suck not having you a stones throw away but you have to follow your heart and go for it. Oh, and in case ya did'ny know...
http://cardsunltd.com/cards/va123.jpg
You gonna be gettin some bra ! cool.gif  1022.gif

wink.gif See ya in a few weeks Bob.

Virginia is for Slackers now, tick laugh.gif

See you in a couple of weeks!

trink39.gif

Even though I knew this has been what was happening...

I guess I was just not really believing it.

As I just signed on and caught the title... sad.gif

It just seems so strange that BOBBY isn't gonna in in NY.

But...

You have thought all of this through and I totally get

and understand that this is what you need to do. We

all need to make changes at times in our lives and this

is your time. hug2.gif

I love you like a brother. And I guess that is why I am

losing it as I try to figure out exactly what to say here.

You are THE GREATEST and only good things will come to you.

I send with you the BEST WISHES, LOTS OF LOVE, and

I hope that you find TRUE HAPPINESS. hug2.gif

wub.gif

Look out Virginia... You are getting the BEST of the BEST!!!

Hey... I better be seeing you really soon. yes.gif

Chasing something new to believe in 1022.gif

The first thing I can think of is to say CONGRATULATIONS! You're all set Bobby...job, place to stay momentarily, and the mindset that it's 'right'. No need to mention making friends because you're set there too. And there's no doubt in my mind that there will be a BOBBYCON sometime in 2008 when you're all settled in...imagine all those TRFers crashing at your new pad down there, laughing, partying, vomiting, etc. laugh.gif

Take care Bob. This is a great time for you trink39.gif

Wow, that's quite a change. I wish you the best in your new surroundings. It will take some time to get used to some stuff, and there will be some stuff that will get you thinking 'Damn, where has this been all my life?' I think back to when I left Phoenix for Chicago after (finally) finishing college, barely knowing a soul here. Yeah, it's an adventure that lies ahead for you, but you can always go back to visit when you miss the old. Best of luck to you.

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Bobby,

I am excited for you! I wish you nothing but great beginnings and wonderful luck and blessings. I know I haven't been around so much lately, but I wish you the best, you are a good person that deserves all the good things in life. I believe you are on the cusp of finding the good... rose.gif

Bobby, sorry that I am so late coming in here.I understand that you are leaving for parts unknown and that is scary. Mate I wish you all the best and that your new life will be a fantastic experience. Yes, it can be scary but that will only make you stronger. I know that it is for the best and once you settle you will feel it too.

One day I really hope that we can get to meet and we can share a few trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif You rock man and you will never be alone, especially whenever you come in here. trink39.gif

To see it in writing makes it seem a bit more real. I too knew it was coming. sad.gif

As sad as this news is for us it is awesome for you. Va. is not that far from us, a bit further than NY but what is another 4 hours. biggrin.gif

You are off to a beautiful area, My family is right around the corner from you. So I will now have one more family member in Va.

I wish you all the best of luck on the new road you have choosen to travel wub.gif

Archived