I'm leaving...

Slacker

For the past 2 years i've been weighing this decision.. Well, I made it about a month ago and I decided that it's time to relocate and I'm leaving the only place I ever new in my life. I'm moving down to Virginia.

This wasn't easy, but it's what's best for me and I fully understand that's it time to move on. I'm leaving behind friends i've know my whole life and family that's within miles miles of me, It's kinda scary, but that's understandable and I fear not.

I start a new job in November and i'm looking forward to this opportunity and i'm confident that this is what's right for me and my future. I never could have thought in a thousand years i would leave N.Y, the only place I ever lived. I have a brother who i'll be staying with til I find my place of choice, so I won't be totally alone. I come to realize at my age that change is not as scary as it once was and that I look to embrace that change and do what I feel is right. I'm leaving tomorrow for about a week or so, then i'll be back for about two weeks to say good bye to as many friends as i can. So, lookout Virginia, here I come!

1022.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was a little worried when I saw the thread title, Bobby. laugh.gif As long as this is a positive move for you, I'm really happy for you! Change can be a good thing, and I wish you all the best with your move and your new job. Here's to your new life! trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 22 2007, 02:56 PM)
Wow, big move! Best of luck to you, and once in VA, get your internet working ASAP!

Thanks 1001, and I can assure you I won't be away from here to long!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Oct 22 2007, 03:03 PM)
I was a little worried when I saw the thread title, Bobby.  laugh.gif As long as this is a positive move for you, I'm really happy for you! Change can be a good thing, and I wish you all the best with your move and your new job. Here's to your new life!  trink39.gif

I figured the tittle would get a little attention wink.gif Thank you Sue smile.gif

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 22 2007, 03:08 PM)
Best of luck to you!

I am sure you will like Virginia and its really not that far from NY.

Thanks TD, and it's not, only a five hour drive laugh.gif

Well you know how I feel because we've talked about this. I fully support any decision you make in your life that you believe in and for good reason to make your life more rewarding.

Through my excitment for your move, it comes with sadness that you're no longer across the bridge (well, 3 bridges to be exact). NY is my home town too and I can't imagine you not in it.

But change is what change is. And I wish you the best - as I know that is what you'll make for yourself... the BEST!!

trink39.gif Bobby! Virginia is gonna be one hoppin' state from now on.

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (thesweetscience @ Oct 22 2007, 03:15 PM)
Stop by and see me on the way through..........

Maybe on the way back up. I'll PM you and we'll see.. Thanks for the offer, TSW!

trink39.gif

Best of luck to you, Bobby. heart.gif Keep us posted on how things are going with the move.

A new life adventure......tis' an exciting time......enjoy and good luck trink39.gif

Thats a big step and transition can be difficult. I send my best energies to ya man till ya get settled. Good luck in your new place smile.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 22 2007, 03:18 PM)
Well you know how I feel because we've talked about this.  I fully support any decision you make in your life that you believe in and for good reason to make your life more rewarding.

Through my excitment for your move, it comes with sadness that you're no longer across the bridge (well, 3 bridges to be exact).  NY is my home town too and I can't imagine you not in it.

But change is what change is.  And I wish you the best - as I know that is what you'll make for yourself... the BEST!!

trink39.gif Bobby!  Virginia is gonna be one hoppin' state from now on.

653.gif  653.gif  653.gif

We did speak, and your words were very comforting, because at that point I was nervous like never before. Thank you, Pags and hopefully I'll see you in November?

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Oct 22 2007, 03:23 PM)
Best of luck to you, Bobby.  heart.gif  Keep us posted on how things are going with the move.

Thank you, GG smile.gif And I will let you all know how it's going!

QUOTE (Lady April @ Oct 22 2007, 03:25 PM)
Thats a big step and transition can be difficult. I send my best energies to ya man till ya get settled. Good luck in your new place  smile.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I appreciate that April smile.gif

Hey Slacka - best of luck to you on your new adventure in VA. For what its worth, VA is beautiful and all things considered, isnt that far from the NY metro area. Plus, think about all that ham.

Good luck dude, hope to see you at an upcoming east coast show. Hey, Atlantic City is close by way of Delaware, aint it?

PTA

Good Luck to you.

It will all work out for you, especially with that positive attitude.

(I did the same thing just over a year ago & I have never been happier.)

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Bobby, it will suck not having you a stones throw away but you have to follow your heart and go for it. Oh, and in case ya did'ny know...

http://cardsunltd.com/cards/va123.jpg

You gonna be gettin some bra ! cool.gif 1022.gif

wink.gif See ya in a few weeks Bob.

Archived