Earliest Rush Show

The Owl

What Rush Tour marked your first Rush concert?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What Rush Tour marked your first Rush concert?

• RUSH tour
    • Fly By Night Tour
    • Caress of Steel Tour
    • 2112/All the worlds a stage tour
    • A Farewell to Kings Tour
    • Hemispheres Tour
    • Perment Waves Tour
    • Moving Pictures/Exit Stage Left Tour
    • Signals Tour
    • Grace Under Pressure Tour
    • Power Windows Tour
    • Hold Your Fire Tour
    • Presto Tour
    • Roll the Bones Tour
    • Counterparts Tour
    • Test for Echo/Diffrent Stages tour
    • Vapor Trails Tour
    • r30 tour
    • Snakes and Arrows tour

A prett self explanitory poll. I am intrested in who's seen the earliest Rush shows and can share their experience.

For my my first show was the r30 show. (Im only 20, I wish I could have seen more). My dad for instance has seen the 2112/All the worlds a stage tour. What about you?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 1987. Rush had two shows booked at the Worcester Centrum. I was 16, sitting in English class (American Lit) talking to my friend Mike the Bass Player and a few other folks. We were all sort of pissed that we were going to miss them yet again when Mike says something along the lines of, "I wonder if my mother would drive us?"

He called his mother... (from the pay phone in the school lobby. No cell phones in 1987)

Mom said sure...

We drove to the Centrum (40 miles or so) and bought a bunch of tickets at the ticket office. Thankfully for us it was the 2nd night and it hadn't sold out yet.

Still one of my all time favorite concert experiences.

Power Windows...

My parents were over-protective too. Not sure which tour would have been my first, but I got into them when I was in high school, so it probably would have been either Signals or GUP.

Not that this was my first show but 1985 at the Texas Jam they played the Body Electric, what a show. If my memory serves me right they headlined for 38 special, Ozzy, and a few other bands. I guess my memory has lapsed. I still have the torn ticket, price 18.50,

r30 was my first. Like I said. I was 17. I missed the Vapor trails tour, because I was a Freshman in High School at the Time and was in the Marching Band. It was either a football game, a band contest, or practice that caused me to miss that show, and I was only 11, or 12 when TFE tour was around.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 20 2007, 06:17 PM)
Moving Pictures/Exit Stage Left Tour

December 21, 1981 at the Brendan Byrne Arena. East Rutherford, NJ

Thats my birthday................

Just 5 years before I was born biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Presto - - Providence Civic Center, Rhode Island - - 1990

I had received a tidbit from one of my students that a local "legal scalper" had incredible seats for sale. They were the first and best seats Tortoise and I have ever grabbed for a 2.gif concert: third row, center (slightly leaned towards Geds! wub.gif )

Geddy wore his hair in a pony tail in those days. Mr. Big opened. (Our youngest daughter in attendance loved Mr. Big.) And I fell in love with the huge dancing bunnies!

Hare biggrin.gif

My first was Signals tour in Lakeland, FL. Drove from East coast 2 hrs and back that night, I was a senior in H.S. The youngest in the group was a Junior, his dad had a big van, we made him designated driver and the other four or so of us drank beer in the back and jammed, same with Def Leppard that same spring. Good times. Gen. admission show, Jon Butcher opened. Price, about 12 bucks.

While were on this subject maybe someone can help me with something that has been driving me nuts. Jan 17 1978 Kansas City Municipal Auditorium. This would have been the FTK tour none of the many sites listing tour dates have this show listed but I've got the ticket stub from that night. They also came through again on Dec 11 the same year same venue(have that stub also). Unless these sites all pull from the same data pool I can't figure out why the 1/17 show is not listed ...thoughts ? confused13.gif

Archived