Earliest Rush Show

The Owl

What Rush Tour marked your first Rush concert?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What Rush Tour marked your first Rush concert?

• RUSH tour
    • Fly By Night Tour
    • Caress of Steel Tour
    • 2112/All the worlds a stage tour
    • A Farewell to Kings Tour
    • Hemispheres Tour
    • Perment Waves Tour
    • Moving Pictures/Exit Stage Left Tour
    • Signals Tour
    • Grace Under Pressure Tour
    • Power Windows Tour
    • Hold Your Fire Tour
    • Presto Tour
    • Roll the Bones Tour
    • Counterparts Tour
    • Test for Echo/Diffrent Stages tour
    • Vapor Trails Tour
    • r30 tour
    • Snakes and Arrows tour

QUOTE (Dazechain @ Sep 20 2007, 01:28 PM)
...Roll the Bones...
...Omaha, Nebraska...
...Like one of those few and far between Nebraska performances...
...Love " 2.gif "

DC bolt.gif

I was hoping to see who the other RTB person was. ME TOO!

I lost touch with the band after Signals and really didn't know any of their stuff 1984-1987. I was really into Presto when it came out, but the thought of seeing them live wasn't on the radar at all.

But then RTB came out in 1991 and I flipped over it. That's were it all exploded for me as far as becoming a Rush freak. It's been an avalanche ever since.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2112. Dec 10, 1976. Probably their first visit to New Jersey. Search youtube for "Bastille Day". They were the opener in a triple bill that included Ronnie Montrose and Foghat. Most people didn't know them going in and they probably only played 25 minutes or so, but after the show they were all anyone could talk about.

I think the ticket was either $6.50 or $7. A "Far Cry" from $125 at the Garden Monday night (or the $8.50 to see Zeppelin at the Garden in '77), but still a bargain.

QUOTE (strangedevice @ Sep 21 2007, 09:20 AM)
While were on this subject maybe someone can help me with something that has been driving me nuts. Jan 17 1978 Kansas City Municipal Auditorium. This would have been the FTK tour none of the many sites listing tour dates have this show listed but I've got the ticket stub from that night. They also came through again on Dec 11 the same year same venue(have that stub also). Unless these sites all pull from the same data pool I can't figure out why the 1/17 show is not listed ...thoughts ? confused13.gif

You ought to send those site admins a pic of your ticket stubs, and see if they will add those dates...

trink39.gif

The first time I saw Rush was March 4th, 1977 at Cincinnati's Riverfront Coliseum. They weren't even the headline act (but that's who my friends and I went to see)! Starcastle opened up first, then Rush played, and lastly Boston. Boston only had one album out at the time. (Boston played EVERY song from that album. About an hour at best, maybe only 45 minutes.) Rush played for right at an hour, IIRC. This was the ATWAS Tour, so they had four studio albums to pull material from at that point. That was the one and only time I ever saw them not be the headliner. I've seen every tour since, at least once.

m.p.tour at m.s.g in may of 81, still the best rush show i ever saw. i have seen 33............ 1022.gif

Kings tour at Newcastle (UK), I think it was the loudest thing I'd ever heard. Apprently theire were lots of souns problems, part of Something 4 Nothing was sung offstage while Geddy was presumabley discussing the sound issues.

Mind you I didn't notice, my ears were just trying to come to terms with the sheer volume, I was amazed when I read in "Sounds" a few days later about how bad the sound had been.

Anyone else at that gig??

the R30-tour was my first,

I was verry suprised rush came to europe, I took the train to frankfurt and that was my first rush show live!!!

one week later, I was standing in rotterdam(the last gig on the tour) this show was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived