Earliest Rush Show

The Owl

What Rush Tour marked your first Rush concert?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. What Rush Tour marked your first Rush concert?

• RUSH tour
    • Fly By Night Tour
    • Caress of Steel Tour
    • 2112/All the worlds a stage tour
    • A Farewell to Kings Tour
    • Hemispheres Tour
    • Perment Waves Tour
    • Moving Pictures/Exit Stage Left Tour
    • Signals Tour
    • Grace Under Pressure Tour
    • Power Windows Tour
    • Hold Your Fire Tour
    • Presto Tour
    • Roll the Bones Tour
    • Counterparts Tour
    • Test for Echo/Diffrent Stages tour
    • Vapor Trails Tour
    • r30 tour
    • Snakes and Arrows tour

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (lambsbreath @ Sep 27 2007, 12:11 PM)
Hi folks, first post...

Hemispheres tour.
$8.50 for the ticket.
General Admission.
My bro and me were front row, right in front of Geddy.

That was the only time I've seen them live.

Welcome to the board man!!! Glad to have ya laugh.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (peartsbeemer @ Sep 27 2007, 08:44 AM)
QUOTE (skyswing @ Sep 21 2007, 11:21 PM)
Signals - Atlanta - March 1983

That was the show right after Lakeland, I think. Didn't they play Camera Eye? I remember Countdown, especially big here in Florida.

I saw them for Signals in Jacksonville, FL...probably around the same time as the Atlanta/Lakeland gigs (I was 10 at that time). Lakeland always seemed to follow J-ville. I think they played part of The Camera Eye and yeah I remember Countdown getting heaps of applause.

sad.gif I have still yet to see them live.

S&A tour for me. I'm actually surprised to see that so far, more people have enjoyed their first concert(s) this very year (17%). That's cool, though! It means the Boys are still hot! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Frankie7 @ Oct 3 2007, 12:16 AM)
S&A tour for me. I'm actually surprised to see that so far, more people have enjoyed their first concert(s) this very year (17%). That's cool, though! It means the Boys are still hot! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I just think that the Rush fans who saw them for the 1st time 25+ years ago have stopped liking them as much (like some of my bros) OR just don't visit message boards (like some of my bros). Simple

I was at the Richfield Coliseium 1980 Permanent Waves tour(so i was told) cool10.gif trink38.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 21 2007, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (strangedevice @ Sep 21 2007, 09:20 AM)
While were on this subject maybe someone can help me with something that has been driving me nuts. Jan 17 1978 Kansas City Municipal Auditorium. This would have been the FTK tour none of the many sites listing tour dates have this show listed but I've got the ticket stub from that night. They also came through again on  Dec 11 the same year same venue(have that stub also). Unless these sites all pull from the same data pool I can't figure out why the 1/17 show is not listed ...thoughts ? confused13.gif

You ought to send those site admins a pic of your ticket stubs, and see if they will add those dates...

trink39.gif

Moving Pictures tour Richfield Coliseium , Me and my buddies went the second night. (first night quickly sold out so they added a 2nd) But this concert is not listed also buy any of the sources ,including power windows site. I also have ticket stub and it clearly has marked RUSH 2 on corner of ticket. The actual date dosen't come to me right now, but I know they played back to back nights in Cleveland this tour(use to be common) And me and my friends were there for the second night! yes.gif

I was first introduced to the music of Rush when I was in HS - shortly after HYF was released. But my parent's were strict, so I had to wait until I was in college to see them (RTB tour).

I think I've made up for lost time though - I've seen them 19 times:

RTB = 1

CP = 3

T4E = 3

VT = 4

R30 = 4

S&A = 4

S&A2 = ?? Hopefully at least 3 more in the spring?!?!?!

653.gif

QUOTE (peartsbeemer @ Sep 20 2007, 08:28 PM)
My first was Signals tour in Lakeland, FL. Drove from East coast 2 hrs and back that night, I was a senior in H.S. The youngest in the group was a Junior, his dad had a big van, we made him designated driver and the other four or so of us drank beer in the back and jammed, same with Def Leppard that same spring. Good times. Gen. admission show, Jon Butcher opened. Price, about 12 bucks.

Dude! I was there too! My first ever concert was Van Halen 1984 in Lakeland, and many more were to follow.. (Triumph, Dokken/Judas Priest, Billy Squier).

Rush in Lakeland I think was my 2nd ever rock show. Sat at stage left, had binoculars. I remember hooting and hollering for Subdivisions, as I had just bought my first synthesizer when I was a junior in high school.. the portable mini-tape recorder I snuck in the shirt pocket of my hawaiian shirt completely distorted as I shouted and cheered almost the entire song...

And then there was Neil's awesome drum solo... I could clearly see thru the binoculars the side of the professor's square head, super intent as he stared straight ahead and concentrated delivering pure precision... and then... while he was in the middle of a long sustained snare roll... the WHOLE drum set ROTATED around him and he switched over into an entirely ELECTRONIC drum solo.... talk about going bonkers...

Ah, the memories... I'm kicking myself for not seeing them on the S&A tour... angry.gif

Archived