I HATED that movie!

Jack Aubrey

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 15 2007, 07:44 PM)
I've said this on here before and no one agreed with me, but I stand by my opinion that Contact is one of the worst movies ever, solely for the ending.

Rest in Pieces....ugh, it has an awesome 80s cheesy horror cover, but what you get is a bad foreign soap opera where like one person gets stabbed off camera.

House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really outdid himself with this shittastic piece of shit. Hey guys, I loved the f***ing bullet time effects every two seconds, that wasn't annoying at all.

The Grudge - The most boring movie I've ever tried to watch. I just turned it off.

Wow....I loved Contact!

2.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 17 2007, 03:40 AM)
I've said this on here before and no one agreed with me, but I stand by my opinion that Contact is one of the worst movies ever, solely for the ending.

Rest in Pieces....ugh, it has an awesome 80s cheesy horror cover, but what you get is a bad foreign soap opera where like one person gets stabbed off camera.

House of the Dead - Uwe Boll really outdid himself with this shittastic piece of shit. Hey guys, I loved the f***ing bullet time effects every two seconds, that wasn't annoying at all.

The Grudge - The most boring movie I've ever tried to watch. I just turned it off.

Wow....I loved Contact!

2.gif confused13.gif

Me too, I loved Contact! yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 17 2007, 07:57 AM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 17 2007, 03:40 AM)

Wow....I loved Contact!

2.gif confused13.gif

Me too, I loved Contact! yes.gif

I gotta stand with Storm Shadow on this one. It's bad enough when a movie sucks but when it's always waaaay to long. I'm a pretty big fan of Sci-Fi too and I don't mean just George Lucas movies either.

062802puke_prv.gif

Silent Hill - I absolutly LOVE the video game series, but the movie just didn't do anything for me. It started off decent, but the ball was dropped by the second half of the movie.

Napoleon Dynamite - the ONLY part of that movie that I laughed was when Reico hit Napoleon in the face with the steak. Other than that - BORING.

Primeval - Anyone remember how much Anaconda (1997) sucked? Thought so. The only difference - instead of a huge snake killing off people, it's a huge crocodile. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE waste of film.

The Hills Have Eyes 2 (remake) - I actually enjoyed the first remake that came out a year ago. But the sequal...TRASH.

The Village - I'm sorry...I just couldn't get into it. And that "twist" ending was lame as all hell, IMO. To this day, the only M. Night movie I thought was good was The Sixth Sense.

Mortal Kombat : Annihilation - I actually enjoy the first MK movie...even today. But the sequal was SOOOOO BAD. It's pretty much like watching a 90min episode of Power Rangers. The special f/x were horrendous, the dialouge was atrocious, and the acting was too embarassing to watch. The first film actually had decent acting/dialouge for an ACTION movie ...based on a video game.

The Great Gatsby (w/ Robert Redford) - I was forced to watch this on my senior year of high school. We watched it within the course of 3 days in my English class (we read the novel first - which was boring enough), and each of those 3 days, I only made it about half way through each part of the movie - and I just went to sleep.

Sense and Sensability (w/ Hugh Grant...which automatically puts the movie in my 062802puke_prv.gif catagory) ANOTHER movie I was forced to watch in school. I though I would die. While I'm on the subject - ANY film that I have seen w/ Hugh Grant...CRAP!

Kazzam - Yep...the one where Shaq played a genie. It..was...just BAD.

Edited by ALifeson85

Summer of Sam was the worst movie I have seen in about 10 years. I didn't even know it was Spike Lee until later. That explained why the movie seemed to be centered around depictions of stupid Italians having sweaty sex in cars at night. Lee doesn't seem to like Italians for some reason.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Sep 15 2007, 09:05 PM)
QUOTE (JDL2112 @ Sep 15 2007, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (nebbish @ Sep 14 2007, 08:19 AM)
wild hogs....with tim allen john travolta etc......what a pile of dung!

I really wasted 2 hours of my life on this movie...I agree with you!

I'm going to take some heat on this one maybe but.....I rented wild hogs and ghost rider last weekend and wild hog was "ok" but I couldn't sit through ghost rider. I thought it was awful and pointless.

Wild Hogs had a few funny things in it but it wasn't as good as I had hoped. I did enjoy it though as a silly movie.

Ghost Rider was awful!

Both movies had the gratuitous biker movie appearance by Peter Fonda. Most in the 'Wild Hogs' audience didn't get the joke.

QUOTE (RR777 @ Sep 20 2007, 02:01 PM)
"My Big Fat Greek Wedding" Uuuck! I went with my wife and a buch of friends and they're all laughing hysterically and I'm like "What the heck? This sucks!"

ohmy.gif Dude, I LOVED that movie!

*goes back in his "often into chick flicks" closet* ph34r.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Sep 18 2007, 11:52 AM)
Summer of Sam was the worst movie I have seen in about 10 years. I didn't even know it was Spike Lee until later. That explained why the movie seemed to be centered around depictions of stupid Italians having sweaty sex in cars at night. Lee doesn't seem to like Italians for some reason.

Love that film, a return to form for Mr Lee if you ask me.

QUOTE (Fat Organ @ Sep 19 2007, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 17 2007, 08:11 PM)
Silent Hill - I absolutly LOVE the video game series, but the movie just didn't do anything for me. It started off decent, but the ball was dropped by the second half of the movie.

not a Silent Hill fan huh?

I AM a fan of Silent Hill - the GAMES, and I REALLY wanted to like the movie, but for some reason...it...just didn't do much for me. confused13.gif I guess it's because the games were VERY scary and suspensful, and I was hoping that the movie would have the same scare-factor as the games, but it really didn't. For ME, anyway.

"Blair Witch Project" sucked cheese, and it had such positive underground hype.

I suppose it was a great horror movie... if you love bad acting, and are deathly afraid of leaves.

I also hated the first half of "Titanic" and much of the second half, too. The "love story" was so cliche, and the dialogue was trite. The only good part was the FX during the actual sinking. Not Leo's best moment.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 23 2007, 02:01 PM)
QUOTE (Fat Organ @ Sep 19 2007, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 17 2007, 08:11 PM)

not a Silent Hill fan huh?

I AM a fan of Silent Hill - the GAMES, and I REALLY wanted to like the movie, but for some reason...it...just didn't do much for me. confused13.gif I guess it's because the games were VERY scary and suspensful, and I was hoping that the movie would have the same scare-factor as the games, but it really didn't. For ME, anyway.

I didn't mind the movie at all.

I thought some parts where pretty bad ass.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 23 2007, 05:02 PM)
I also hated the first half of "Titanic" and much of the second half, too. The "love story" was so cliche, and the dialogue was trite. The only good part was the FX during the actual sinking. Not Leo's best moment.

laugh.gif I file this movie under guilty pleasure. unsure.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 23 2007, 08:54 PM)
I also hated the first half of "Titanic" and much of the second half, too.  The "love story" was so cliche, and the dialogue was trite.  The only good part was the FX during the actual sinking.  Not Leo's best moment.

I enjoyed a certain scene with Kate if you know what I mean.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Sep 23 2007, 11:10 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 23 2007, 08:54 PM)
I also hated the first half of "Titanic" and much of the second half, too.  The "love story" was so cliche, and the dialogue was trite.  The only good part was the FX during the actual sinking.  Not Leo's best moment.

I enjoyed a certain scene with Kate if you know what I mean.

yes.gif

drool1.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 23 2007, 05:00 PM)
"Blair Witch Project" sucked cheese, and it had such positive underground hype.

I suppose it was a great horror movie... if you love bad acting, and are deathly afraid of leaves.

I could not agree with you more.

And don't forget horrible camera work and cinematography and direction.

OH OH OH OH!

*jumps up and down waving his hand*

I was just discussing global warming with someone during a coffee break and I remember one REAL ROTTEN movie. So cheesy and cliche it almost made me sick to my stomach.

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0319262/

Now with this genre of global disaster / catastrophy movies we all learned to expect fairly decent special effects and pretty lame storyline and acting but this one really took the cake. Started off good enough with the whole "environment is acting up" science stuff and then some of the initial disasters... but after that... aye aye aye. Some of the situations and characters and ensuing events was just soooo terrible to watch. Oh! Billions of people must just have died, but instead lets talk about a terrible actor snowshoeing in minus a trillion degrees across North America to save his brainiac son who is staying alive by sealing the New York library shut and burning all the ancient books there to stay alive. Then at the last minute the planet just turns ok again and the movie ends.

I was going to insert the TRF pukey icon here - but that would be doing the pukey icon severe injustice.

Edited by Godeater2112

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 5 2007, 02:34 PM)
OH OH OH OH!

*jumps up and down waving his hand*

I was just discussing global warming with someone during a coffee break and I remember one REAL ROTTEN movie. So cheesy and cliche it almost made me sick to my stomach.

"THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW"

http://imdb.com/title/tt0319262/

Now with this genre of global disaster / catastrophy movies we all learned to expect fairly decent special effects and pretty lame storyline and acting but this one really took the cake. Started off good enough with the whole "environment is acting up" science stuff and then some of the initial disasters... but after that... aye aye aye. Some of the situations and characters and ensuing events was just soooo terrible to watch. Oh! Billions of people must just have died, but instead lets talk about a terrible actor snowshoeing in minus a trillion degrees across North America to save his brainiac son who is staying alive by sealing the New York library shut and burning all the ancient books there to stay alive. Then at the last minute the planet just turns ok again and the movie ends.

I was going to insert the TRF pukey icon here - but that would be doing the pukey icon severe injustice.

You are so right! Not only is this movie awful for the reasons you pointed out, there is so much more, so much more...