The Big Lebowski

WCFIELDS

"I just checked in, to see what condition my condition was in... YEAH, YEAH, OH YEAH..."

I'm ashamed to admit that even though I've never heard anything bad about it, I've never seen it. I need to get this one.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 1 2007, 02:38 PM)
I'm ashamed to admit that even though I've never heard anything bad about it, I've never seen it. I need to get this one.

Highly recommended.....you can't go wrong.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 2 2007, 04:39 AM)

Too right. Must've seen this one a dozen times.

EVERYONE is great in this movie.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 1 2007, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 2 2007, 04:39 AM)

Too right. Must've seen this one a dozen times.

EVERYONE is great in this movie.

i was just thinking that this is a movie i should have in my video library

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Jul 2 2007, 09:32 PM)
f**k it Dude, let's go bowling.

Great movie... one of my favourites. I think I like Fargo a little more though...

I also think Fargo was a little better.......one of my favs........awesome.......

This is one of my all-time favorite movies! I could quote it for hours.

One of my favorite parts is when Walter brings his ex-wife's dog to the bowling alley.

Dude: "Walter, you can't bring a f***ing dog to the bowling alley."

Walter: "Well, it's not like I'm going to buy him a beer. He's not going to take a turn."

Then, Walter argues that it's a Pomeranian show dog with papers and everything, and it's hair will fall out if it stresses from being in a kennel. Then, he opens the carrier, and this mutt, rat-like dog comes out. rofl3.gif

I believe The Big Lebowski holds the record for the most f bombs in one movie. laugh.gif

You HAVE to see it, Jack. yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 6 2007, 08:48 AM)

One of my favorite parts is when Walter brings his ex-wife's dog to the bowling alley.

Walter: "Well, it's not like I'm going to buy him a beer. He's not going to take a turn."

Then, Walter argues that it's a Pomeranian show dog with papers and everything, and it's hair will fall out if it stresses from being in a kennel. Then, he opens the carrier, and this mutt, rat-like dog comes out. rofl3.gif

I believe The Big Lebowski holds the record for the most f bombs in one movie. laugh.gif

You HAVE to see it, Jack. yes.gif

Actually I bought it on Wednesday and watched it last night.

It was pretty good, but I didn't find it to be the laugh-fest that you folks say it is. That's OK, though, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things. I do intend to watch it again, so we'll see. I did like John Goodman's character and I think he was simply brilliant in that role. The biggest laugh the movie got from me was when Walter yelled "Let's take that hill!" and rolled out of the car.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 6 2007, 07:54 AM)

Then, Walter argues that it's a Pomeranian show dog with papers and everything, and it's hair will fall out if it stresses from being in a kennel. Then, he opens the carrier, and this mutt, rat-like dog comes out.  rofl3.gif

I believe The Big Lebowski holds the record for the most f bombs in one movie.  laugh.gif

You HAVE to see it, Jack.  yes.gif

It was pretty good, but I didn't find it to be the laugh-fest that you folks say it is. That's OK, though, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things. I do intend to watch it again, so we'll see. I did like John Goodman's character and I think he was simply brilliant in that role. The biggest laugh the movie got from me was when Walter yelled "Let's take that hill!" and rolled out of the car.

Well, I'm glad you did get the chance to see it. Maybe after watching it again, you'll catch some stuff you missed the first time. The out-from-left-field humor of the Cohen Brothers isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think they made "Kingpin" (or is it Kingpen?) with Woody Harrleson, too. Very off the wall.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jul 6 2007, 09:13 AM)

Then, Walter argues that it's a Pomeranian show dog with papers and everything, and it's hair will fall out if it stresses from being in a kennel. Then, he opens the carrier, and this mutt, rat-like dog comes out.  rofl3.gif

I believe The Big Lebowski holds the record for the most f bombs in one movie.  laugh.gif

Well, I'm glad you did get the chance to see it. Maybe after watching it again, you'll catch some stuff you missed the first time. The out-from-left-field humor of the Cohen Brothers isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think they made "Kingpin" (or is it Kingpen?) with Woody Harrleson, too. Very off the wall.

You want to know the weird part? I find myself laughing more as I sit here and remember the movie. Lines that didn't make me laugh last night are cracking me up today. I know, I'm a weirdo. You can say it. laugh.gif

The out-from-left-field humor of the Cohen Brothers isn't everyone's cup of tea. I think they made "Kingpin" (or is it Kingpen?) with Woody Harrleson, too. Very off the wall.

Kingpin is a Farrelly Brothers (Dumb and Dumber, There's Something About Mary, Me, Myself and Irene etc.) movie, not a Coen Brothers movie. As for Coen Brothers movies and out-from-left-field humor, Fargo is very funny. Very dark, but very funny.

Walter: Donnie, your out of your element!!

Haha - about a year ago, me and 2 friends of mine when bowling, and on the scoreboard, we entered our names as the 3 guys in The Big Lebowski biggrin.gif I was Donnie, haha tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jul 6 2007, 08:26 AM)

You want to know the weird part? I find myself laughing more as I sit here and remember the movie. Lines that didn't make me laugh last night are cracking me up today. I know, I'm a weirdo. You can say it. laugh.gif

You're a weirdo.

tongue.gif

It's one of those kinds of movies. "Shaun of the Dead" was like that for me.

My bad on the wrong call on "Kingpin."

Great movie. I watched it for about the 5th time recently. My favorite scene is when they're at the Dude's landlord's one-man-interpretative-dance show. The way that guy dances just makes me rotf every time I see it. I know that's an obscure scene from a movie with many memorable moments-that's just me! rofl3.gif

P.S. Rush rules.

QUOTE (KevinDallas @ Jul 6 2007, 06:13 PM)
Great movie.  I watched it for about the 5th time recently.  My favorite scene is when they're at the Dude's landlord's one-man-interpretative-dance show.  The way that guy dances just makes me rotf every time I see it.  I know that's an obscure scene from a movie with many memorable moments-that's just me!    rofl3.gif

P.S.  Rush rules.

laugh.gif And they all seem sincerely into it, if not bewildered! I love that nuance. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'd love this threat to continue. It's a great movie.

Maude is classic. yes.gif

edit to say: I agree, Rush rules.

Edited by sullysue

Many times I've commented to a friend about a rug of theirs. I'll say, "it really ties the room together." They usually look at me like I'm from Mars. Every once-in-a-while someone will get it, only problem is they still look at me like I'm from Mars. biggrin.gif