The Dylan Thread

BillBuckner

Great thread, thanks for starting it!

I can't wait for the new album and tour with Mark Knopfler.

I just finished a Dylan listening marathon, where I listened to every Dylan studio and live album in chronological order.

It took about two weeks and it was an incredible musical odyssey with one of music's greatest.

My pick's for Dylan's albums...

1960's - "Highway 61 Revisited"

1970's - "Street Legal" or "Blood on the Tracks"

1980's - "Oh Mercy" or "Infidels"

1990's - "Time Out of Mind"

2000's - "Modern Times"

Live - "Bob Dylan at Budokan"

...thanks for posting the new song, this was my first listen and I really like what I hear.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/img/indie/bobbyd.jpg

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 27 2007, 08:09 PM)
I saw Dylan with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers way back in 1986. Still one of the best concerts I've ever been too. I've seen Dylan many times since then and, unfortunately, he never reached the level he did with Petty.

goodpost.gif

I caught all three nights at The Garden with Heartbreakers on the True Confessions Tour on 15,16 & 17 July 1986.

Those shows were particularly inspired.

http://posterscene.com/images/items/full/dylanandpetty.jpg

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Aug 27 2012, 05:49 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jun 27 2007, 08:09 PM)
I saw Dylan with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers way back in 1986.  Still one of the best concerts I've ever been too.  I've seen Dylan many times since then and, unfortunately, he never reached the level he did with Petty.

goodpost.gif

I caught all three nights at The Garden with Heartbreakers on the True Confessions Tour on 15,16 & 17 July 1986.

Those shows were particularly inspired.

http://posterscene.com/images/items/full/dylanandpetty.jpg

I saw them at the then named Brendan Byrne Arena. Great seats and a great time. Remembering "Like a Rolling Stone" still gives me goose bumps.

Been a fan of His Royal Bobness for many, many years. One of the very most important people in the history of rock music. You may or may not like him, but that fact is undeniable.

For live albums, check out one I feel is rather underappreciated, Real Live recorded on the '84 European tour. Unfortunately it's only a single CD but really good versions of several of his well known songs and has a guest appearance by Carlos Santana. Mick Taylor is his guitarist on the tour.

Have seen him only twice, 1988 at The Gorge (Tracy Chapman opened) and 1992 at the outdoor amphitheater in Devore, CA (near San Bernardino) co-headlining with Santana. Both were GREAT shows.

Tempest

Excellent, it's excellent.

My favorites are "Tin Angel", "Soon After Midnight", "Pay In Blood", "Scarlet Town" and "Roll On John".

The first time I heard "Soon After Midnight" I thought of it as a Buddy Holly song, or a song I imagine Buddy Holly would sing if he was alive.

Bob, you're an American and World Treasure. Thank you.

Oh yeah, I hope to hear a Bob Dylan/Tom Waits duet before I die.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Aug 31 2012, 05:57 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 29 2012, 06:46 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 29 2012, 08:40 AM)
Here's the video. And it's fantastic! Dark....

http://t.co/yb7gK7yj

Yes, it's fantastic.

I love it.

Here's the youtube link:

Beauty! Has that Love & Theft vibe going on.

A true original, pioneer, rebel. A man who's remained true to himself and his artistic vision. They don't come along like him very often. Time has proven his genius. He makes most supposedly rebellious punk or metal acts look like posers in comparison. Anyone who thinks any differently needs to pull their out of their ass.

I saw him in Pawtucket, RI in 2006 (maybe). I understand why he is the icon that he is. His stage presence is enormous. He doesn't speak and there isn't a stage show per se, but the songs are so strong and his band is *crazy* good. I don't have his new material, but my Dad (a life-long Dylan fan) really enjoys it. Dylan's voice is what it is, an acquired taste.

MT is on my "to buy" list. It was actually many years before I really "got" Dylan. But once I did, I realized what an absolute fraking genius he is. I'm still building my catalog.

Oh, and he's a Cylon, too.

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon_newanime001.gif

MT is on my "to buy" list.

It seems to have received universal praise so I don't know why I've been dragging my heels really. I will snag Tempest at the same time of course. And you should as well if you haven't done so yet :yes:

• Like 1