Faithless: anyone else really into this one

treeduck

No big song dissection from me, just this: I'm really loving this tune at the moment and of course it has a cool gee-tar lead break. Anyone else really liking this tune more than at first (though I thought it was pretty good right away)??

1022.gif smile.gif

It's my most current "grower." I was thinking it was alright for the longest time. Now I'm appreciating more the nuances...(like the solo)....and forgivng what I felt was an awkward chorus. Now it just doesn't phase me and I find myself enjoying it much more. trink39.gif

I never got a groove off this song - until today that is.

It's starting to settle in. I still consider it my least favourite on the entire album, but I'm starting to enjoy it.

yeah. I like it a lot. it's also probably got the best solo on the album.

QUOTE (BruceMcc @ May 15 2007, 05:40 PM)
I never got a groove off this song - until today that is.

It's starting to settle in. I still consider it my least favourite on the entire album, but I'm starting to enjoy it.

Still trying to find the groove, it starts out well then drags a bit in the middle.... but it has grown on me.

I liked Faithless from the first time I had heard it. But little by little it started emerging as a powerhouse song. Now whenever it comes on I'm just blown away. It's one of the strongest moments from an already strong CD, imo.

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 15 2007, 05:50 PM)
i like the music alot in this one, but trying to warm up to the lyrics a bit from a Catholic standpoint.

I'm looking from a Lutheran standpoint and I think they're very well-written. I don't think they're alienating, I think he's just stating what he believes. Would it be any different for you if he sang:

I praise our God, Allah

Muhammad is our prophet.

You can call me Muslim,

You can call me Muslim.

And I read the Quoran (sp?)

And I believe it, yes.

That's faith enough for me.

?

[i don't mean to offend anybody, this post is just to prove a point. I apologize in advance if anybody is hurt.]

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ May 15 2007, 07:59 PM)
i like the music alot in this one, but trying to warm up to the lyrics a bit from a Catholic standpoint.

I'm looking from a Lutheran standpoint and I think they're very well-written. I don't think they're alienating, I think he's just stating what he believes. Would it be any different for you if he sang:

I praise our God, Allah

Muhammad is our prophet.

You can call me Muslim,

You can call me Muslim.

And I believe it, yes.

?

[i don't mean to offend anybody, this post is just to prove a point. I apologize in advance if anybody is hurt.]

I think some things are a little touchy and should be left out of lyrics for music. Faithless is a great musical tune, but some of the lyrics he's stating what he believes, but I think he could have put it or used words in a neutral way of expressing.

QUOTE (hope70 @ May 15 2007, 08:07 PM)

I praise our God, Allah

Muhammad is our prophet.

You can call me Muslim,

You can call me Muslim.

And I believe it, yes.

?

I think some things are a little touchy and should be left out of lyrics for music. Faithless is a great musical tune, but some of the lyrics he's stating what he believes, but I think he could have put it or used words in a neutral way of expressing.

I'm not a big fan of the lyrics either......but I dig the song.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 15 2007, 09:09 PM)

I praise our God, Allah

Muhammad is our prophet.

You can call me Muslim,

You can call me Muslim.

And I believe it, yes.

?

I like the lyrics and I think they are getting ultra-criticized for it. The music is incredible, and IMO one of the better songs on the album.

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 15 2007, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 15 2007, 09:09 PM)

I praise our God, Allah

Muhammad is our prophet.

You can call me Muslim,

You can call me Muslim.

And I believe it, yes.

?

I like the lyrics and I think they are getting ultra-criticized for it. The music is incredible, and IMO one of the better songs on the album.

it's a great musical tune but hard to swallow the lyrics if you are not

atheist.

Edited by hope70

I'm very religious and I love the lyrics. Why take issue? Neil's just expressing his belief. He's not trying to push his belief down your throat. I really appreciate that he has faith in love and hope and kindness (unsaid). THat's wonderful. Who's to say that love and hope and kindness are also God?

One of my fav tracks off of S and A. Pure emotion, pure brilliance.

It took me a while to "get" the musical aspect of this song, but I liked the lyrics so much from the beginning that I kept listening to it. Eventually it grew on me in a big way...a very challenging track, both lyrically and musically.

People debate whether Rush is still "progressive". If that means taking chances, not playing it safe, and daring to do something different, then this song comfortably puts them in that category.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ May 15 2007, 09:21 PM)
I'm very religious and I love the lyrics. Why take issue? Neil's just expressing his belief. He's not trying to push his belief down your throat. I really appreciate that he has faith in love and hope and kindness (unsaid). THat's wonderful. Who's to say that love and hope and kindness are also God?

One of my fav tracks off of S and A. Pure emotion, pure brilliance.

goodpost.gif