Four Word Review

The Mighty Dudad

Ok, we all know that on this board there will be some lengthy reviews analyzing every last detail from lyrics to music to tone to tempo etc etc etc. All very cool and interesting...but where is the challenge in that? Can you review SnA in just four words??

How about:

Instantly Recognizable, Utterly Unique

anyone? anyone?

-TMD

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (GGOAT!!! @ May 1 2007, 08:34 PM)
Mindnumbingly boring uninspired lameness.

That was where I was half way through the first listen. Then I listened again..and again...and again. It kind of grows on you, and now I can't get enough of it. Much better than T4E or VP.

This thread is a good example of the fanboi's spewing the "best album since..." BS rehash that they read a few weeks ago online somewhere and internalized it.

Also, what's funny is how when a band reduces themselves to the lowest common denominator uninspired bland drivel, the mindless sheep respond with the expected "they've evolved" defense. EVOLVE does NOT mean SUCK. They then defend themselves with the typical "You must want 'so and so album' II"...please, fanboi's, I'm begging you-get an original thought in your heads, PLEASE.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ May 1 2007, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (GGOAT!!! @ May 1 2007, 08:34 PM)
Mindnumbingly boring uninspired lameness.

That was where I was half way through the first listen. Then I listened again..and again...and again. It kind of grows on you, and now I can't get enough of it. Much better than T4E or VP.

I think all of Rush's music, every album grows on you the more you listen to it. I think that's what makes the music so great! I think the complicated melodies, and the way Neil seems to produce a beat that matches the melody rather then just putting down a standard beat with a few cool fills is what makes the music so interesting and makes it grow on you the more you listen. Geddy is just an unbelievable musician, Alex totally rocks and Neil is well the best there is! How many times have you dug up an old Rush album began listening to it again and liked the songs in a whole different way for an entirely different reason then before? I know it happens to me alot, and I listen to alot of music most of which once I play it to death I have a hard time enjoying it again. I always find myself re-enjoying old Rush that I played to death months/years ago. This band is so underestimated and so overlooked!

Jennifer 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (GGOAT!!! @ May 1 2007, 09:01 PM)
This thread is a good example of the fanboi's spewing the "best album since..." BS rehash that they read a few weeks ago online somewhere and internalized it.

Also, what's funny is how when a band reduces themselves to the lowest common denominator uninspired bland drivel, the mindless sheep respond with the expected "they've evolved" defense. EVOLVE does NOT mean SUCK. They then defend themselves with the typical "You must want 'so and so album' II"...please, fanboi's, I'm begging you-get an original thought in your heads, PLEASE.

6 word review:

Move out of your parents basement

Archived