Four Word Review

The Mighty Dudad

Smile on my face.

Great listen, even the first time. My 9 year old jumped in my truck tonight . Asked me what song this was he was listening to. I asked him who he thought it might be. He said I think it's Rush. I said your right, he then said it sounds really cool, that's good enough for me. We cranked it up and I can say Awesomely different and I'm good with that. There is something for everyone on this album. I love it all.

common001.gif

By the way my first post, been reading for a number of years. Been a Rush fan since AFTKs.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 1 2007, 09:53 PM)
Best Album since GUP

Ok maybe GUP counts as three words but it's still fricking awesome -

They might get me to see them for the 25th time if it's that good. They must be hungry for retirement checks. I haven't procured this new one yet. Since counterparts I haven't given an album a serious listen.

QUOTE (nucknfuts @ May 1 2007, 10:14 PM)
Smile on my face.

Great listen, even the first time. My 9 year old jumped in my truck tonight . Asked me what song this was he was listening to. I asked him who he thought it might be. He said I think it's Rush. I said your right, he then said it sounds really cool, that's good enough for me. We cranked it up and I can say Awesomely different and I'm good with that. There is something for everyone on this album. I love it all.

common001.gif

By the way my first post, been reading for a number of years. Been a Rush fan since AFTKs.

That's too cool. You're fortunate you have kids. I haven't learned how to do that yet.

YAP! I tell myself how lucky I am that my kids listen to my favorite band and really enjoy it. I am taking my 12 and 9 year to see them in London on the 12th of Sept and then a bunch of buddies are heading to TO on the 19th to see them again. Will be a long summer, it will go fast with all the baseball, hockey and Lacrosse my little monsters play.

By the way, they make movies today to show folk how to make babies, it's fun.

653.gif

Alex solos finally reappear!!!!

I must say after only two listens I can see why some are disappointed with it .But I am not .YUP! as much as I was willing to hate it I actually had these thoughts while listening to it . This CD rocks ! Rush Rocks . Its not a GREAT CD to me but Its yards better then VT !

QUOTE (GGOAT!!! @ May 1 2007, 10:01 PM)
This thread is a good example of the fanboi's spewing the "best album since..." BS rehash that they read a few weeks ago online somewhere and internalized it.

Also, what's funny is how when a band reduces themselves to the lowest common denominator uninspired bland drivel, the mindless sheep respond with the expected "they've evolved" defense. EVOLVE does NOT mean SUCK. They then defend themselves with the typical "You must want 'so and so album' II"...please, fanboi's, I'm begging you-get an original thought in your heads, PLEASE.

the worst thing about this new album, is that it encourages people who hate it like you to come forth with their opinion and try to change everyone elses based on the sole fact that they can't get over themselves nor their opinion.

some like it, some dont. we get the picture already, you dont. no need to make yourself seem like a P**** and come into every thread spouting your useless drivel about how much sucks and blame innocent fans talking about a band they like's new album that they also like.

i suggest you turn off you computer, go outside, make a friend or two, and highly get a life.

what you few people here are doing with this blatant shit-throwing, is like taking candy from a retarded baby. but at least the retarded baby would understand what you're doing takes no guts at all. its just a vain attempt at trying to stand out.

like i've said.........we know you dont like it. thats fine. we're fine with it, you're fine with it...........we all get it.

now kindly leave.

QUOTE (GGOAT!!! @ May 1 2007, 09:01 PM)
This thread is a good example of the fanboi's spewing the "best album since..." BS rehash that they read a few weeks ago online somewhere and internalized it.

Also, what's funny is how when a band reduces themselves to the lowest common denominator uninspired bland drivel, the mindless sheep respond with the expected "they've evolved" defense. EVOLVE does NOT mean SUCK. They then defend themselves with the typical "You must want 'so and so album' II"...please, fanboi's, I'm begging you-get an original thought in your heads, PLEASE.

Lovely.

QUOTE (azechiel @ May 2 2007, 01:49 PM)
QUOTE (Erebus @ May 1 2007, 09:49 PM)
DON'T

HAVE

MINE

YET!

fists crying.gif

HA! It's funny because it's four words.

Was that not the point! wink.gif

Not funny that I still have to wait though, especially given the (mostly) great reviews this CD is receiving!

QUOTE (The Owl @ May 2 2007, 02:07 AM)
I'm simply blown away

You used five words!!!! z7shysterical.gif no.gif

Musically these are my four words.

Familiar

Different

Melodic

Enjoyable....

I really like S&A. I got it around 3PM on the May 1st, and I've listened to it about 10 times.

To me it's deep & beautiful music.

Lyrically.....now that's a different thing.

Sympathetic & accepting of the things that cause pain in life.

It reflects what it's like to be broken down & hardened by an inability to surrender, yet still surrendering.

To suffer excruciating torment & keep a straight face when everyone knows it hurts.

To not be able to find true comfort for raw painful emotions & pretend that your placebo is working.

To try to use ones mind to solve a problem it can not solve... and trying it repeatedly... failing repeatedly... & repeating the same method over & over & over.

Giving up, yet not giving up.

Emotional vertigo.

Making confusion seem reasonable because you see no other alternative.

Hating those you desperately want to love & be loved by.

Drowning and living through it.

Wanting to die, yet resisting death because you sense the reality that it's final.

Knowing hope is out of range, but holding on with your bravest face.

Becoming wretched in old age & not being able to do anything about it.

I like all 13 songs that comprise S&A.

The best I have heard from Lee, Lifeson & Peart in over three decades.

But...

Boring, plodding, very disappointing.

Archived