musical genre you hate !

Tick

what music makes you want to vomit the most ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. what music makes you want to vomit the most ?

• country
    • rap
    • reggae
    • classical
    • disco
    • opera
    • speed metal
    • gregorian chant
    • bluegrass
    • r&b
    • jazz
    • adult contemperary
    • salsa
    • swing
    • world beat
    • folk
    • doo wop

i want lots of votes in this poll, i really want to know what ya cant stand the most. i wont say what im picking quite yet.

VOTE ! bolt.gif

I can't pick just one; there are a lot of genres on that list that I don't care for. Like most of you, I shoot my mouth off about how I like "all kinds of music." But truthfully, I don't like country, rap, disco, bluegrass, salsa, world beat, etc.

And it's rap, by a landslide!

I try to be as open as I can and I can listen to most of the styles mentioned. I don't like Country in general, but I like The Eagles and Mellencamp. I can't stand Disco, but those were the earliest pop songs I can remember hearing and I hate to admit I like Blondie's "Heart of Glass".

However, I find absolutely no redeeming qualities in Rap whatsoever. There is no musicianship to speak of, and the lyrics are rude and single-minded. I simply can't relate to it at all and can't stand to listento it. I just find it irrelevant and offensive in every way.

I don't like rap, but I DETEST country, for the most part. Empty, boring, repetitive, CORNY lyrics and horribly twangy music.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 23 2007, 07:18 AM)
I don't like rap, but I DETEST country, for the most part. Empty, boring, repetitive, CORNY lyrics and horribly twangy music.

I would vote, but I hate speaking badly about any genre of music just because I personally don't care for it.

Oh, who am I kidding? tongue.gif

I'm with GG on this one. I have no love for rap at ALL, but the one genre that will actually have me leave a room or a building to get away from is country. I'm not a big fan, but I don't mind old country like Hank Williams, etc.. It's the modern stuff that makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif Simplistic, annoying, white-trash garbage...

EMO and Screamo weren't on the list, so I went with adult contemporary.

Sometimes, when I play live with my band, I ask the audience if they like rockin' tunes, "Because WEEEE GOT 'EM! But we didn't bring the other stuff: 'Adult contemporary.'"

This was discussed aeons ago on the forum and Madra Sneachta and I vented lots of spleen in the direction of a particularly nasty country hybrid called, Country'n'Irish. It's so bad it makes Billy Ray Cyrus sound like Bach.

From the list though I would go with reggae, it just bores me to tears. I've tried, as my brother is a massive reggae-head, over the years he's sent me tapes, cds, MP3 files with the finest of Tosh, Marley, U-Roy, Burning Spear, and on and on.

And I have detested every second.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 24 2007, 12:34 AM)
This was discussed aeons ago on the forum and Madra Sneachta and I vented lots of spleen in the direction of a particularly nasty country hybrid called, Country'n'Irish. It's so bad it makes Billy Ray Cyrus sound like Bach.
From the list though I would go with reggae, it just bores me to tears. I've tried, as my brother is a massive reggae-head, over the years he's sent me tapes, cds, MP3 files with the finest of Tosh, Marley, U-Roy, Burning Spear, and on and on.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Sir, you are deaf. j/k trink39.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Feb 23 2007, 03:41 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Feb 24 2007, 12:34 AM)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Sir, you are deaf. j/k trink39.gif

As a post! biggrin.gif

My mother was right all along - "Turn that racket down! You'll go deaf"!

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 23 2007, 07:11 AM)
Whatever genre bands like Nickelback, Daughtry, Three Days Grace, Stone Sour, and Hinder are in...modern radio rock? It's like the same guy singing in every band. Easily the worst to me.

This would easily get my vote if it was on the list.

But honestly, I can usually find something to like in any genre. I never like just ruling out an entire category of music. I hate emo for the most part, but I thought the last My Chemical Romance album was quite good. I normally don't like a lot of mainstream pop, but the new Justin Timberlake album was excellent.

People who say rap is without redeeming value probably haven't listened to too much besides the same 10 or 12 artists you hear on Top 40 stations. But we've already had that discussion.

Fine, you know what genre I simply cannot stand? Smooth jazz. Not regular jazz, but smooth jazz. Like Kenny G and shit.

sorry, i did leave off, radio rock, techno/electronica, smooth jazz. your opinions are duly noted.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Feb 23 2007, 08:01 AM)
Well, it didn't take a psychic to figure out which has gotten the most votes. laugh.gif

I honestly never get why rap wins out over country. I mean yes, rap sucks, but country music to me is obviously SO evil and horrid that I would expect it to at least get a few more votes. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Feb 23 2007, 08:30 AM)
Not on the list but that boy band crap is what irks me the most....stuff like The Back Door Boys, N'Stink, New Skids on the Cock, etc.....you get the picture biggrin.gif

and pop metal garbage like Bon Jovi, Poison , etc...

z7shysterical.gif