The Official American Idol Season 6 Thread

rushgoober

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 20 2007, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 20 2007, 09:45 PM)
I'm doomed.

My wife watches American Idol, but I don't. When it's on, she watches it in the bedroom and I watch whatever I want in the living room. I just noticed this morning that my cable company has added Fox TV to their HD channels. I also opened my big yap and told my wife about it. Her first words? "Ooh, American Idol in HD!"

Pray for me, guys.

You poor dumb bastard!!!!! laugh.gif

But I'll pray for you a thousand times more than curse your name.

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 20 2007, 04:45 AM)
I'm doomed.

My wife watches American Idol, but I don't. When it's on, she watches it in the bedroom and I watch whatever I want in the living room. I just noticed this morning that my cable company has added Fox TV to their HD channels. I also opened my big yap and told my wife about it. Her first words? "Ooh, American Idol in HD!"

Pray for me, guys.

From an online article (SOURCE):

"An estimated 36.9 million people watched the two-hour special on Fox Wednesday night, only slightly down from the 37.3 million who tuned in for Tuesday's two-hour season premiere, according to Nielsen Media Research.

They were the two biggest nights of prime-time entertainment on Fox since it came onto the air nearly two decades ago."

So basically, if you're not watching the show yourself, chances are someone in your household IS *cough* Jack Aubrey *cough* Necromancer *cough*.

tongue.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/2791.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 19 2007, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 19 2007, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 19 2007, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 18 2007, 06:34 PM)
But nobody in this forum can sing the way those top 4 or 5 people can who make it that far.

ohmy.gif

You've heard Tick sing TWICE now... HOW could you say such a hurtful thing???

z7shysterical.gif

Okay... you're right. But I bet Richy would get a couple rounds into it though. yes.gif

No doubt. I've heard him sing. I don't know if he'd fit what Idol folks are looking for in a pop voice, but he'd impress. What's that show for the rock singers? That's the one he needs to be on. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

no.gif

I think Tick would be awesome singing "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like ME"

rofl3.gif

laugh.gif 2funny.gif 2funny.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2007, 04:49 PM)
I can't believe i'm even in here posting about this ridiculous show on a RUSH forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves. laugh.gif

I'd leave, but that would make it too easy on those two tye-dye poofs, goober and rulz.

Sorry... nothing pisses me off more than Liberals... Star Wars fans and people who watch American Idol. Combine the three and you just make me go INSANE. z7shysterical.gif

Hm. Funny how you criticize the intelligence of those who dig Star Wars... you, who still prefers books that have lots of pictures in them (comic books). I graduated to more intelligent (and picture-less) fare when I was ten. I may be stupid for being a liberal, liking Star Wars, and following Idol, but at least I read books without illustrations.

Yes, I like Rush and Idol. I also like Abba, the Carpenters, the Jackson Five, and the Partridge Family.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 21 2007, 02:04 PM)
I can't believe i'm even in here posting about this ridiculous show on a RUSH forum.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  laugh.gif 

I'd leave, but that would make it too easy on those two tye-dye poofs, goober and rulz. 

Sorry... nothing pisses me off more than Liberals... Star Wars fans and people who watch American Idol.  Combine the three and you just make me go INSANE.  z7shysterical.gif

Hm. Funny how you criticize the intelligence of those who dig Star Wars... you, who still prefers books that have lots of pictures in them (comic books). I graduated to more intelligent (and picture-less) fare when I was ten. I may be stupid for being a liberal, liking Star Wars, and following Idol, but at least I read books without illustrations.

Yes, I like Rush and Idol. I also like Abba, the Carpenters, the Jackson Five, and the Partridge Family.

sad.gif

Awwww... take a pill. laugh.gif

I also WRITE comics that have been PUBLISHED. Instead of just linking my BLOG about harassing other geeks when i was a teenager. tongue.gif

Those "books with pictures" aren't just for kids. But since you probably couldn't follow an issue of one... you want to bag on them. Cool. Tune in this week to Idol so those has-beens can tell you what ELSE is cool. sarcasm.gif

hey goob i got your back . I started to watch the show for the trainwreck aspect but then you see a early favorite like rubin, and taylor and you end up rooting for them to do well . both those guys disliked by simon early on and then winning . anyway i to have not bought any of their cd's well ok 653.gif i bought taylors cd but i have not heard it yet.also got the dragonforce cd (heard that alot ). 1022.gif

I may be an American Idiot for watching the show, but I've never bought an AI album and probably never will. And though I watch the show, I don't spend money voting either.

It's a harmless entertainment for me - the early "train wreck" episodes, the later ones where I "love to hate" a contestant or two, and then warm to a particular favorite...

I still say they should change the format; drop the singing thing altogether and stage some kind of cage fighting event with those same contestants instead, I might look in at it every so often if they do that...only if the fights are any good though...

cool.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 19 2007, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 19 2007, 11:21 PM)
With that said, my cousin Ben says he's going to do it next year, and I think he would probably get through to Hollywood. Has an amazing singing voice.

Aren't you going to talk him out of it? I mean you wouldn't want him contributing to everything that's wrong with music today, would you? laugh.gif

But the kind of music they promote on that show is the kind of stuff he listens to anyway. So for him, it's perfect. I'm not going to interfere with his dream, and I wish him luck with it. Like I said, he's an amazing singer, he'd do well on the show.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 22 2007, 04:04 AM)
I can't believe i'm even in here posting about this ridiculous show on a RUSH forum.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  laugh.gif 

Sorry... nothing pisses me off more than Liberals... Star Wars fans and people who watch American Idol.  Combine the three and you just make me go INSANE.  z7shysterical.gif

Comics have less intellectual value because they have illustrations? If this is EXACTLY what you mean, then it's the most ignorant post I've ever read.

For anyone interested in Idol contributions...

Jennifer Hudson, who already won a Golden Globe award, was just nominated for an Oscar in the Best Actress in a Supporting Role Category.

And Rubin, whom everyone thinks has done nothing since his Idol win, has cleared 11 weeks at #1 on the R&B charts with his new single. 11 weeks. That's pretty f'ing good. I heard the song by chance on the radio while flipping around the other day. I don't expect much R&B love from this crowd, but personally I love it. And the song is great.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 19 2007, 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 19 2007, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 19 2007, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 18 2007, 06:34 PM)
But nobody in this forum can sing the way those top 4 or 5 people can who make it that far.

ohmy.gif

You've heard Tick sing TWICE now... HOW could you say such a hurtful thing???

z7shysterical.gif

Okay... you're right. But I bet Richy would get a couple rounds into it though. yes.gif

No doubt. I've heard him sing. I don't know if he'd fit what Idol folks are looking for in a pop voice, but he'd impress. What's that show for the rock singers? That's the one he needs to be on. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

no.gif

I think Tick would be awesome singing "Don't You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like ME"

rofl3.gif

2funny.gif 2funny.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 22 2007, 08:53 AM)

Comics have less intellectual value because they have illustrations? If this is EXACTLY what you mean, then it's the most ignorant post I've ever read.

Nah... GeddyRulz is good at making MANY ignorant posts. This was nothing compared to the ignorant shit he says in another sub-forum around here. no.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 22 2007, 08:53 AM)

Wow it's about time Shang Chi the Master of kung fu had some avatar exposure!!!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6393/themasterbe0.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c7/Mokf.017.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7204/shangchi3rc.jpg

QUOTE (mortkort @ Jan 24 2007, 10:45 AM)
i just wanna say something. who won the world idol some years ago? THE NORWEGIAN GUY KURT! 1022.gif He ownd ya all! cool10.gif

Too bad nobody outside of Norway has ever heard of him. moon.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 24 2007, 04:35 PM)
i just wanna say something. who won the world idol some years ago? THE NORWEGIAN GUY KURT!  1022.gif He ownd ya all!  cool10.gif

WRONG! He was popular other places in europe too moon.gif

QUOTE (mortkort @ Jan 24 2007, 12:25 PM)
i just wanna say something. who won the world idol some years ago? THE NORWEGIAN GUY KURT!  1022.gif He ownd ya all!  cool10.gif

Oh, wow, Europe. Hmm. So how does that make him relevant?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 24 2007, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (mortkort @ Jan 24 2007, 12:25 PM)

Oh, wow, Europe. Hmm. So how does that make him relevant?

i don't follow you here

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 25 2007, 04:10 PM)
Last night was the best episode by far. Best good people, best bad people. Who was the hippie chick who sang the Jeff Buckley song? I like her. I hope she does well.

It was a good episode. I'm appalled at some of these people though... the Days of Our Idols girl, the "Teach Me to Sing" girl, and especially that first guy... Ian Who? laugh.gif