The Official American Idol Season 6 Thread

rushgoober

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 23 2007, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 22 2007, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 22 2007, 04:04 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2007, 04:49 PM)
I can't believe i'm even in here posting about this ridiculous show on a RUSH forum.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  laugh.gif 

I'd leave, but that would make it too easy on those two tye-dye poofs, goober and rulz. 

Sorry... nothing pisses me off more than Liberals... Star Wars fans and people who watch American Idol.  Combine the three and you just make me go INSANE.  z7shysterical.gif

Hm. Funny how you criticize the intelligence of those who dig Star Wars... you, who still prefers books that have lots of pictures in them (comic books). I graduated to more intelligent (and picture-less) fare when I was ten. I may be stupid for being a liberal, liking Star Wars, and following Idol, but at least I read books without illustrations.

Yes, I like Rush and Idol. I also like Abba, the Carpenters, the Jackson Five, and the Partridge Family.

Comics have less intellectual value because they have illustrations? If this is EXACTLY what you mean, then it's the most ignorant post I've ever read.

Nah... GeddyRulz is good at making MANY ignorant posts. This was nothing compared to the ignorant shit he says in another sub-forum around here. no.gif

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/twofinger.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 17 2007, 05:30 PM)

I'd leave, but that would make it too easy on those two tye-dye poofs, goober and rulz.

Sorry... nothing pisses me off more than Liberals... Star Wars fans and people who watch American Idol.  Combine the three and you just make me go INSANE.  z7shysterical.gif

Do I think Necro threw out some bait for Goob and GR there? Yep. That liberal crack was tailor made to get a reaction. Nowadays Goob takes that stuff with a grain of salt, but GR still takes it pretty seriously. Keep politics bullshit in Sense O'Clock, please. Does that mean I'm totally blaming Necro? Nooooooo....

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 27 2007, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jan 23 2007, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jan 22 2007, 08:53 AM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jan 22 2007, 04:04 AM)
I can't believe i'm even in here posting about this ridiculous show on a RUSH forum.  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  laugh.gif 

Hm. Funny how you criticize the intelligence of those who dig Star Wars... you, who still prefers books that have lots of pictures in them (comic books). I graduated to more intelligent (and picture-less) fare when I was ten. I may be stupid for being a liberal, liking Star Wars, and following Idol, but at least I read books without illustrations.

Yes, I like Rush and Idol. I also like Abba, the Carpenters, the Jackson Five, and the Partridge Family.

Comics have less intellectual value because they have illustrations? If this is EXACTLY what you mean, then it's the most ignorant post I've ever read.

Nah... GeddyRulz is good at making MANY ignorant posts. This was nothing compared to the ignorant shit he says in another sub-forum around here. no.gif

http://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/twofinger.gif

GeddyRulz, Necro may have baited you, but were those reactions necessary? No, they weren't. Your bash on comic books was really lame, too. Didn't even make sense.

No need to discuss this any further. It's over, and we can get back to Idol chit-chat now. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jan 31 2007, 10:23 PM)
How about the Panther guy tonight? Simon is right, that really set the bar.

He was hilarious. yes.gif

I'm consistently amazed by people who seem completely enveloped in t heir "art", who think what they have is "it", how it will revolutionize the world and that once people see it, they'll of course bow down to their immense talent and stunning originality, and then of course they completely SUCK. fing.gif

Another example is the girl who's mother was a semi-famous back-up singer, and who was completely devoted to her singing, who had been singing and performing since she was 4 and had 16 years of singing training. She was terrible! And then of course she just BEGGED to be let on the show and for another chance. It just amazes me that people can study something faithfully for 16 years and devote themselves wholeheartedly to it and they're still awful. How can they not know?

I don't want to crush people's dreams, and I think people should go for what they want. Not everyone can be a Picasso or Babe Ruth or Neil Peart or whatever, but at what point do you give up the ghost if you'll never even be halfway decent at your art? I guess never if it fulfills some kind of creative urge inside of you, but that doesn't mean that almost anyone else will think what you're doing is any good if you really don't have any talent. I guess it's all subjective, but if you can't even get five other people to agree with your subjective point of view, you're hardly likely to make much of an impact artistically in the world either. If that's not imporatnt to you, then that's completely fine, but the people who fully expect to change the world with their total lack of talent is just sad. eh.gif

wacko.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 2 2007, 04:59 AM)

I'm consistently amazed by people who seem completely enveloped in t heir "art", who think what they have is "it", how it will revolutionize the world and that once people see it, they'll of course bow down to their immense talent and stunning originality, and then of course they completely SUCK. fing.gif

Another example is the girl who's mother was a semi-famous back-up singer, and who was completely devoted to her singing, who had been singing and performing since she was 4 and had 16 years of singing training. She was terrible! And then of course she just BEGGED to be let on the show and for another chance. It just amazes me that people can study something faithfully for 16 years and devote themselves wholeheartedly to it and they're still awful. How can they not know?

I don't want to crush people's dreams, and I think people should go for what they want. Not everyone can be a Picasso or Babe Ruth or Neil Peart or whatever, but at what point do you give up the ghost if you'll never even be halfway decent at your art? I guess never if it fulfills some kind of creative urge inside of you, but that doesn't mean that almost anyone else will think what you're doing is any good if you really don't have any talent. I guess it's all subjective, but if you can't even get five other people to agree with your subjective point of view, you're hardly likely to make much of an impact artistically in the world either. If that's not imporatnt to you, then that's completely fine, but the people who fully expect to change the world with their total lack of talent is just sad. eh.gif

wacko.gif

goodpost.gif

One can probably never fully comprehend the power of self-deception laugh.gif

Half these people are obvious put-ons, of course...like the guy with the banana suit who sang the "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLLLLLLLLY" song (which, btw, is the stupidest and most pointless and annoying internet cartoon in history), I highly doubt he was taking it seriously. At this point, the show is so famous, everybody knows how it works, so people try and outdo each other in the weird department to get on TV.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 2 2007, 06:59 AM)

wacko.gif

Did these "sad" people entertain you? Did whatever they performed, or how badly they performed it, in some way make you enjoy the show? Well... then they succeeded at taking what they've worked at, no matter how successfully, and managed to touch the world. Be it brief or be it in a way they hadn't expected... they accomplished something.

trink39.gif to those that at least TRY.

:jeers: to those who can only complain and criticize.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 4 2007, 03:20 AM)

wacko.gif

Did these "sad" people entertain you? Did whatever they performed, or how badly they performed it, in some way make you enjoy the show? Well... then they succeeded at taking what they've worked at, no matter how successfully, and managed to touch the world. Be it brief or be it in a way they hadn't expected... they accomplished something.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/bone.gif

Personally, I'm already tired of the "worst of" episodes; I'm ready for the actual competition to start. Goob?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 4 2007, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Feb 4 2007, 03:20 AM)

wacko.gif

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/rushgoober5/rushgoober6/bone.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Feb 4 2007, 12:22 PM)
Personally, I'm already tired of the "worst of" episodes; I'm ready for the actual competition to start. Goob?

I like to savor each moment. tongue.gif

I think they only have one more week of the auditions before they go to Hollywood. wink.gif

why has no one discussed the show this season ? its getting disturbing that that tallentless shit (sanjaya, or however you spell his name) keeps getting tons of votes due to various websites and asswipe howard sterns fans. if he is not eliminated soon, it will be the ruin of the american idol empire. yes.gif c'mon, lets talk idol ! you know you want to. biggrin.gif

Sanjaya's "American Idol" run -- is it credible?

By Jill Serjeant

Story

He's the weakest singer with the best hair and the cutest smile. He is mocked by late-night TV comedians and has become the target of anti-"American Idol" forces.

But Sanjaya Malakar has lived to see another round of "American Idol," prompting a passionate debate over whether the nation's most watched TV show has lost its credibility or unwittingly created another media superstar.

"Will Sanjaya kill 'American Idol'?" asked one fan in a posting on the www.idol-mania.com Web site on Thursday.

Malakar, 17, easily advanced into the ranks of nine finalists competing in the sixth installment of the Fox network singing contest on Wednesday after becoming one of the most-talked about people on U.S. television.

During the past three weeks, Malakar has moved a 13 year-old girl to tears on national television, inspired a one-woman hunger strike, smiled through vicious comments from "Idol" judges and delivered almost as many different hair-dos as off-key notes.

Far from being voted off the show by members of the public, whose preferences are registered by telephone and text messages to eliminate one contestant each week, Malakar appears to be going from strength to strength.

Even acerbic British judge Simon Cowell, who quipped last month that he would quit if Malakar won the competition, appears to have succumbed.

"Sanjaya, I don't think it matters anymore what we say ... I think you are in your own universe and if people like you, good luck," Cowell said after Malakar's startling mohawk hairdo overshadowed another less-than-stellar singing performance on Tuesday.

Maverick Web site www.votefortheworst.com (VFTW) claims much of the credit for "saving" Malakar on what it calls "America's largest karaoke contest."

The Web site's mission, picked up and promoted by radio shock jock Howard Stern, is to "have fun with 'American Idol' and embrace its suckiness" by encouraging people to vote en masse for the worst contestants.

But popular culture expert Robert Thompson said he doubted Stern's audience had the patience to negotiate the famously busy signals on "Idol" phone lines.

"Sanjaya is a really cute kid with a unique look and an incredibly dreamy smile that can get thirty 12-year old girls to vote a million times apiece on speed dial," said Thompson, director of Syracuse University's Center for the Study of Popular Television.

"I don't think he injures its credibility at all. 'American Idol' has never been about a scientific way of producing the very best vocalist of our time. It has been a silly, fun, really well-produced talent competition, and you never quite know what's going to happen," Thompson said.

Some diehard "Idol" fans, who have seen past contestants find success at the Grammys, the Oscars and the Country Music Awards, were not so convinced.

"Faithful watchers will stop watching if Sanjaya is not sent home. The whole purpose of this show is being undermined by a lot of people who have lost sight of (or more likely couldn't care less about) the ultimate goal. ... for the BEST SINGER to win!!!!," wrote one fan who used the name Kshenk on the www.americanidol.com message board.

Reuters/Nielsen

All of the worthwhile singers are being sent home while talentless jack offs like the pretty boy in the above story sail through week over week.

If this website dedicated to voting for the worst truly is impacting the show, then the talent which remains really does keep the show at a karaoke contest level instead of allowing for truly gifted voices to find their way out of obscurity.

If anyone really wants to argue that there are no talented singers from this show, they are pretty narrow minded.

Edited by paganoman

QUOTE (paganoman @ Mar 29 2007, 08:49 PM)
All of the worthwhile singers are being sent home while talentless jack offs like the pretty boy in the above story sail through week over week.

If this website dedicated to voting for the worst truly is impacting the show, then the talent which remains really does keep the show at a karaoke contest level instead of allowing for truly gifted voices to find their way out of obscurity.

If anyone really wants to argue that there are no talented singers from this show, they are pretty narrow minded.

It's that kind of thing that keeps me from watching, although I'd love to see his performance with that hairdo just for laughs and for the irony of how the entertainment industry has turned into a pile of shit.

Checked out Elliott Yamin on Jimmy Kimmel.

And he killed. Damn that guy can sing.

Sanjaya is still alive because:

1. Vote for the worst dot com.

2. The Howard Stern listeners (also "voting for the worst").

3. An alleged voting block from the Middle East.

4. Pre-teen girls that honestly like him!

I've been watching. Talent-wise, I'm for Melinda. If I'm voting with my "small head" (as I did last year), then my vote goes for Haley Scarnato - she's a hottie; I love seeing her every week!

Blake has certainly grown on me. He's about more than just the "beat boxing." When he sings, he sounds great. And his "country" song sounded more like a Cure song or something; I really liked it, and I hate country music.

Melinda is still my favorite, talent-wise. Too bad Haley's gone; she was a hottie, but her elimination was inevitable.

Sanjaya is finally gone!

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 20 2007, 05:35 AM)
Blake has certainly grown on me. He's about more than just the "beat boxing." When he sings, he sounds great. And his "country" song sounded more like a Cure song or something; I really liked it, and I hate country music.

Melinda is still my favorite, talent-wise. Too bad Haley's gone; she was a hottie, but her elimination was inevitable.

Sanjaya is finally gone!

Yeah Blake always puts a modern twist of whatever he sings - He's my wifes favorite to win - I'm sticking with melinda

It's about time I chimed in since I started this thread, for God's sake! tongue.gif

I love Blake too, I think he's just got a great SOUNDING voice, besides the fact that he's hip and cool. He also seems like a nice, cool guy.

My dark horse favorite though is Jordan Sparks. That girl can SING, and she's got a great personailty. For awhile I thought Lakisha would win, and then Melinda, and they still potentially could.

My hope is to see either Jordan or Blake win it.

Oh yeah, and thank GOD that Sanjaya is FINALLY gone! Phew! wacko.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Apr 20 2007, 09:50 PM)
IDOL SUCKS!!! yes.gif

I AM SO WITH YOU THERE NECRO !!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/amandaladi/moving%20pictures%20smilies/hifive.gif